• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, dead souls stopped posting in here? I been a while. Thought it was just a break but expected to see dead souls back here at least a little more often

He hasn't visited the forum in over a month. I hope he's okay 😣

Cornballer hasn't been here in almost a year. I hope he's also okay, wherever he is!

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Best show of the year so far! The score is phenomenal too - from the same guy who did Utopia UK

Oct 25, 2017
wondering what will become of Peacock now that the Olympics is over. Their weekend schedule is pretty nonexistent, and their daytime "channels" are lacking in content in primetime hours.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
The White Lotus is really compelling and engrossing. I hope it gets people to check out more of Mike White's TV and film works.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
+1 for White Louts being my favorite show of the year so far. I've loved just sinking in and letting myself get lost at the resort for an hour the past 5 weeks, pretty sad we're down to the last one.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hooray! White got his wish!
deadline.com

‘The White Lotus’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO

'The White Lotus' will extend its stay at HBO, which has renewed the resort satire for Season 2.

Season 2 checks out of Hawaii and will center a different group of vacationers as they book their stay at another White Lotus property and settle in temporarily amongst its inhabitants.
-----
quite a few netflix renewals too:
deadline.com

‘High On The Hog’ Renewed For Season 2 At Netflix

Netflix has renewed docuseries 'High on the Hog: How African American Cuisine Transformed America' for a second season.

deadline.com

‘The Circle’, ‘Indian Matchmaking’ & ‘The American Barbecue Showdown’ Renewed At Netflix

Netflix is continuing to double down on unscripted. The streamer has handed out renewals to a trio of shows: The Circle, Indian Matchmaking and The American Barbecue Showdown. This comes as it prepares a major casting call and ordered a new series, Roaring Twenties, set in Austin, Texas. The...

deadline.com

Craig McCracken’s ‘Kid Cosmic’ Renewed For Seasons 2 & 3 At Netflix; Return Date & Trailer Set

Netflix has renewed Craig McCracken's 'Kid Cosmic' for seasons 2 and 3.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Oh shoot. I didn't even know White Lotus was a candidate for renewal. I thought they were keeping it as a one season limited series. Awesome!

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shoot. I didn't even know White Lotus was a candidate for renewal. I thought they were keeping it as a one season limited series. Awesome!

Yep, Mike White said in this excellent New Yorker interview that he was kicking around ideas for an anthology-esque second season. Really glad to see it happening.

www.newyorker.com

Mike White on Money, Status, and Appearing on “Survivor”

The screenwriter and actor’s latest TV series, “The White Lotus,” scrutinizes the Faustian bargain of marrying into money.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Hooray for "The White Lotus" getting renewed for season 2! I guess I should've been posting my reactions to the episodes on here instead of the August TV thread. Here's hoping season 2 be just as good as the first one is.

And, here are Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
ABC's The Bachelorette three-hour finale averaged 4.4 million total viewers and a 1.2 rating, hitting season highs while down just a tick in the demo from its previous closer (which in December did 5.5 mil and a 1.3).

Over on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (3.3 mil/0.5) was steady after the Olympics break, as was The Wall (2.4 mil/0.5).

Fox's Hell's Kitchen (2.4 mil/0.6) dipped, while the newly renewed Housebroken (952K/0.3) as well as Duncanville (680K/0.2) were steady.

The CW's Roswell NM (675K/0.1) was steady, while The Republic of Sarah (337K/0.1) ticked up.
OAmQZEh.png

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray! White got his wish!
deadline.com

‘The White Lotus’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO

'The White Lotus' will extend its stay at HBO, which has renewed the resort satire for Season 2.

Hooray!

People having great taste for once, super pleasantly surprised.

Am legitimately shook

"Once again, Mike has delivered a quintessential HBO show" says the network that prematurely canceled his last show!

Pretty sure they also instantly passed on that one pitch that MW claimed was the best thing he ever wrote 😒

The fact that the only reason HBO ordered The White Lotus was because they needed something that could be produced quickly and during quarantine should maybe make them stop and think a little harder in the future about what they usually give the green light to and what they don't.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I feel like I'm in the stage of a cycle where most of my shows are coming to an end and I don't have many new ones I'm interested in to replace them. For sure network shows I care about are very few. Then there are shows like Documentary Now! that aren't canceled but haven't had any news in a couple years.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I'm in the stage of a cycle where most of my shows are coming to an end and I don't have many new ones I'm interested in to replace them. For sure network shows I care about are very few. Then there are shows like Documentary Now! that aren't canceled but haven't had any news in a couple years.

I've been in a huge rut this year myself. With everything really, I don't feel like watching anything new or play anything new.

The last few months I've basically only rewatched House and Brooklyn Nine Nine. And played WoW and/or FF14. Havent updated my 52 show/game threads in ages because of it :(

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Random question, but has anyone heard anything on a second season of Avenue 5 with Hugh Laurie?
It was renewed WAY back in February 2020, but with COVID I'm assuming a major delay, but the radio silence is pretty crazy. Have they even restarted filming?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've been in a huge rut this year myself. With everything really, I don't feel like watching anything new or play anything new.

The last few months I've basically only rewatched House and Brooklyn Nine Nine. And played WoW and/or FF14. Havent updated my 52 show/game threads in ages because of it :(
Yeah, I've been feeling some sort of shift in 2019/2020 where a lot of my favorite shows were ending but I didn't have anything to replace them with. It's very likely because everything is moving to streaming and episode counts and seasons are getting shorter and shorter every year, but the pandemic really sped it all up while also delaying or cancelling a lot of shows.

Broadcast TV is mostly bland, inoffensive garbage, and cable TV is practically dead. Streaming is great, don't get me wrong, but I can stream a show much faster than if it were on cable or broadcast, and there's just not a lot that's grabbing my attention, despite there being more shows airing than ever before.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
The CW's already-renewed DC's Stargirl opened Season 2 with 750,000 total viewers and a 0.1 demo rating, down from both its freshman averages (860K/0.2) and finale (860K/0.2), though not quite hitting its smallest audience.

Leading out of that, Superman & Lois returned to 753K/0.1, steady in the demo but dropping some eyeballs from its last fresh airing.

NBC's America's Got Talent (6.9 mil/1.0) dominated Tuesday in both measures, matching this season's demo high following the Olympics break. College Bowl (2.6 mil/0.4) was steady.

Fox's Fantasy Island debuted to 2 mil and a 0.4, improving on time slot predecessor Mental Samurai's averages (1.2 mil/0.3). Opening Fox's night, LEGO Masters (1.5 mil/0.5) returned steady.

Lastly, CBS' Love Island slipped to its smallest Tuesday audience of the season (1.65 mil) while steady in the demo (with a 0.3).
2eewuc8.png

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
October 15th for the first four then weekly after that.

tvline.com

I Know What You Did Last Summer Series Sets October Premiere Date on Amazon — See the First Photos

Get a first look at Amazon's 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' series, premiering in October.

I remember watching the second movie in the theatre with friends and my Brazilian friend getting so mad at the beginning of the movie when the wrong answer was given for the capital of Brazil. She yelled out at the screen and then again later when the correct answer was revealed with an "I told you!". It was hilarious. 😂

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a twist:
deadline.com

‘Power’ Creator Courtney Kemp Signs Overall Mega Deal With Netflix

The power is coming to the streamer, at least figuratively.

The creator of the Starz franchise has inked a high eight-figure overall deal with the streamer to create new series and develop other projects for a global audience through her End of Episode banner. Baked into Kemp's newly minted multi-year agreement is the possibility of her compensation rising to nine-figures based on the success of the new projects.

Kemp previously had re-signed a three-year overall deal with Lionsgate in 2018, as Deadline exclusively reported at the time, after first joining with Starz in 2015.

With production almost wrapped on Season 2 of Power Book II: Ghost, Season 1 of the renewed Power Book II: Raising Kanan, and on Season 1 of Power Book IV: Force, Kemp will remained involved creatively and as a EP in the franchise. Still, the move from Lionsgate was a highly competitive one with numerous studios and outlets vying to strike a pact with the award winning producer, I hear. Among the contenders, Lionsgate took their own swing at bat, but clearly came up short against the deep pockets and worldwide reach of Netflix.

------

ABC's "Once Upon A Time"-esque pilot "Epic" not picked up to series.
tvline.com

Epic Fairytale Drama From OUAT Trio Not Moving Forward at ABC

ABC is not moving forward with "Epic," a fairytale drama from the "Once Upon a Time" creators and writer Brigitte Hales.
TVLine has learned that ABC is not moving forward with Epic, the new fairytale drama co-created by Once Upon a Time bosses Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis and writer Brigitte Hales.

Described as a romantic anthology "that reinvents fairy tales for a new audience," the project received a pilot order back in January and had been under consideration for a midseason bow.

Epic early on was said to be "set in the fairytale universe of Disney," but whereas OUAT took well-known Disney heroes and villains such as Snow White, the Evil Queen and Rumplestiltskin and typically gave them a fun twist, TVLine heard that Epic would feature "all-new characters" and "new spins on the classic archetypes," and was not set in the OUAT universe.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What a twist:
deadline.com

‘Power’ Creator Courtney Kemp Signs Overall Mega Deal With Netflix

The power is coming to the streamer, at least figuratively.

------

ABC's "Once Upon A Time"-esque pilot "Epic" not picked up to series.
tvline.com

Epic Fairytale Drama From OUAT Trio Not Moving Forward at ABC

ABC is not moving forward with "Epic," a fairytale drama from the "Once Upon a Time" creators and writer Brigitte Hales.

Wonder what Horowitz and Kitsis will do now

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I never got into Power, but know a ton of people who love it. Great pickup for Netflix is she produces something for them that has that type of fan support.

Starz already has a whole cinematic universe with Power in motion, so from that angle they are okay.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
It's not like she was exactly lacking for budget on Starz though.
Yea but the writing on Power and Power Book 2 are kinda bad. They look good(set in the present) but writing can be improved. Book 3 Raising Kanan looks good (set in 90s NY) and the writing is a ton better than both Power and Book 2. Maybe budget isnt the right word, but hope the writing gets better than Power Book 1 and 2.