• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Is Y The Last Man guaranteed to have a few seasons? I don't know if I'm going to bother if there's a risk it'll be a 1 season fatality. I guess if it's close to the books, it won't matter, but it just has that whiff of cancellation target to it because it's so high concept even in 2021.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
RES_S5_KeyArt_Vert_Prem_LowRes.jpg

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Modern Family’ Co-Creator Sets Next Show: Hulu’s ‘Reboot,’ Starring Keegan-Michael Key, Johnny Knoxville

The comedy, which has received a pilot order at the streamer, marks writer-producer Steve Levitan's follow-up to Emmy darling 'Modern Family.'
Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan has lined up his follow-up series to the ABC Emmy darling.

Levitan has set Reboot at Hulu, which has handed out a pilot order for the comedy starring Keegan-Michael Key and Johnny Knoxville.

Here's how the potential series is described: "When Hulu reboots an early 2000s family sitcom, its dysfunctional cast is forced back together and now must deal with their unresolved issues in today's fast-changing world."

Details on which roles Key and Knoxville will play are being kept under wraps as the comedy is also expected to feature roles including the new and old showrunners of the series within the series.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in for those letting themselves hope Y will be excellent. That Zoey news is crazy, too, bit I'll take it, gladly.

Apple TV+ has cancelled their first series: Little Voice, after just 1 season.

Writing was on the wall for a long time but I'm still disappointed.

Guess most people, like me, just forgot entirely to actually watch this. At least they renewed Physical, enjoying that one quite a bit.

Is this the first first season cancellation for Apple TV+?

It was surprisingly really good, though it took a few episodes to get there. Heard the same about Mr. Corman, the Joseph Gordon Levitt show that drops tomorrow.

Is there any word on when little America is coming back? I really enjoyed the first season. There were some stinkers, but overall I thought it was a really good show

No word yet based on my weekly searches but I too really enjoyed it and hope it will be back this year.

I've watched For All Mankind, Physical, Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Mosquito Coast, Mythic Quest, Servant and See, which is a big chunk of their whole library, and even I haven't noticed Little Voice on there.

You're missing out! It got really compelling as it went on. Trying and Little America are well worth your time, too.

This is a bummer. I realize very few people watched it but I did and thought it was pretty good. Was hoping they could hit a stride in a second season but I guess we'll never know now.

Glad to see you in here and to know there's a fellow Little Voice fan!

I'm aware of another that they've also passed on renewing. I'll be curious to see if there are more cancellations now that they have more of a pipeline of new content.

I hope this isn't an un-renewal for Little America or a Trying cancellation. Please blink once it it's neither....

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Is Y The Last Man guaranteed to have a few seasons? I don't know if I'm going to bother if there's a risk it'll be a 1 season fatality. I guess if it's close to the books, it won't matter, but it just has that whiff of cancellation target to it because it's so high concept even in 2021.
Nothing is guaranteed!

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'd venture a guess it'll get at least two or three seasons. FX doesn't cancel stuff nearly as often as some others (The strain should have been cancelled Midway through season one but got three lol). I'm gonna guess the talent behind this one will provide a good show that should help it survive. As a huge Y fan I'm hoping it gets as long as it needs

Oct 25, 2017

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard that the creative team hasn't come up with a plan for a third season yet, and it's all hanging on that. No one wants to cancel it, it's just a creative block.

It feels like they have so many directions they can go with the premise alone. Even the weird corner they wrote themselves into for no reason doesn't feel that restricting.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

The Chi Renewed for Season 5

'The Chi' has been renewed for Season 5 at Showtime, series creator Lena Waithe announced.
Super late to this because I haven't seen this thread since Monday apparently? What the hell have I been doing? lol

Glad to hear this. There is some stuff I'd like to see the result of from season 4. It annoyed me a bit because seasons are generally really self contained and don't have too much that transfers from one to the other.

EDIT:

Oh shit! Just saw the Tuca & Bertie news. Cool!

May 14, 2021
Was worried which show Apple cut. Glad it was that one. I could only make it through three episodes. It's just not good.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is guaranteed!
Reboot Rubicon!!!!!!!

I'd venture a guess it'll get at least two or three seasons. FX doesn't cancel stuff nearly as often as some others (The strain should have been cancelled Midway through season one but got three lol). I'm gonna guess the talent behind this one will provide a good show that should help it survive. As a huge Y fan I'm hoping it gets as long as it needs
Yeah, I'd hope so. I have no idea if they're doing a Preacher style adaptation where they're playing loose with the source material or doing it straight, but if it's the latter, I'd be pretty pissed if it ended like in the middle of the book's run.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Seems like it's been forever, but the last season finally has a premiere date. Sept 22

tvline.com

Dear White People Season 4 Premiere Date Revealed — Final Episodes Will Be a ’90s-Inspired Musical Event’

Netflix unveiled the premiere date for 'Dear White People's fourth and final season, which will be a '90s musical event.

Also creator Justin Simien has signed with Paramount Studios

deadline.com

‘Dear White People’ Creator Justin Simien Inks Overall Deal With Paramount Television Studios

Dear White People creator Justin Simien is getting into business with Paramount Television Studios.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The White House Plumbers’: HBO Pauses Production To Investigate “Alleged Unprofessional Behavior” On Set

EXCLUSIVE UPDATED with more information: Filming on HBO’s five-part Watergate limited series The White House Plumbers, starring Woody Harrelson and Justin Theroux, has been suspended over an on-set incident this week that have triggered an investigation. “HBO has received reports of alleged...

"HBO has received reports of alleged unprofessional behavior on the set of White House Plumbers," the network said in a statement to Deadline. "We take very seriously our responsibility to ensure a respectful work environment on all our productions, and we are investigating the matter fully."

The network is not commenting further. According to sources, there was an on-set altercation on Wednesday, Aug. 4, involving series director/executive producer David Mandel and a member of the prop department. The incident is believed to be the focus of the investigation though I hear there may have been a second altercation on Thursday, Aug. 5, which led to the show's prop department quitting in protest. I hear the production halt (with no reason provided) was revealed in a call sheet sent out Thursday night. The document included a note with contacts for anyone to report bullying on set, according to sources who indicated that this week's incidents may not have been isolated.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Handmaid's Tale will go on exactly as long as they can convince Moss to keep signing up, and once she's ready to bounce they'll just pivot to The Testaments or something. It has to be their most successful show, right?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh good, please stop dragging Handmaid for so long. I'd be happy if they just end it next season and move to Testaments.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Handmaid's Tale will go on exactly as long as they can convince Moss to keep signing up, and once she's ready to bounce they'll just pivot to The Testaments or something. It has to be their most successful show, right?
By far. It is the only series that has earned them any kind of acclaim or major awards. Pretty sure it is also their longest running series as well.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's been forever, but the last season finally has a premiere date. Sept 22

The final season is going to be a musical...? I like musicals, but a show dropping its regular thing to become a musical in its final season (like Transparent) is really off putting. I hope they can pull it off...

That exec uses so many words to say so little.

Huzzah!

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, NBC's primetime Thursday coverage of the Tokyo Olympics averaged 8.6 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, marking the summer games' smallest audience yet (per fast nationals) and matching their demo low (set last Saturday).

Over on Fox, an NFL preseason match-up between the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers averaged 6.2 million viewers and a 1.7 demo rating.

Elsewhere, CBS' Big Brother (3.6 mil/0.9) and Love Island (1.7 mil/0.4) each held steady in the demo week-to-week while dropping a handful of eyeballs… and The CW's The Outpost (340K/0.0) dipped.

ii7ZlBu.png