• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Updated numbers on some smaller streaming services

deadline.com

Crunchyroll Hits 5M Subscribers, Teams With Zoe Saldana’s Cinestar Pictures On Anime Epic ‘Dark Star Squadron’

Anime purveyor Crunchyroll said it is teaming with Zoe Saldana on "Dark Star Squadron" and has surpassed 5 million streaming subscribers.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Discovery Hits 18M Paying Streaming Subs, U.S. Ad Revenue Jumps 12 Percent

"Our first Summer Olympic Games have thus far been a success, supporting healthy viewing and subscriptions across both our linear and streaming platforms," says CEO David Zaslav.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, NBC's primetime Monday coverage of the Tokyo Olympics averaged 12.8 million total viewers (per fast nationals), marking the summer games' best preliminary numbers since Thursday and their fifth-best tallies out of the first 11 nights (including the Opening Ceremony rebroadcast).

ABC | The Bachelorette (3.5 mil/0.9) and The Celebrity Dating Game (1.7 mil/0.4) both ticked up.

THE CW | Roswell, New Mexico (640K/0.1) and The Republic of Sarah (350K/0/0) were both steady.
6gnHETi.png

Oct 25, 2017

deadline.com

Crunchyroll Hits 5M Subscribers, Teams With Zoe Saldana’s Cinestar Pictures On Anime Epic ‘Dark Star Squadron’

Anime purveyor Crunchyroll said it is teaming with Zoe Saldana on "Dark Star Squadron" and has surpassed 5 million streaming subscribers.

"Our first Summer Olympic Games have thus far been a success, supporting healthy viewing and subscriptions across both our linear and streaming platforms," says CEO David Zaslav.
crunchyroll making movies now, wow.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The Valdemar books may have been the first fantasy I read back in high school. Seeing them made into a TV series twenty something years later would be wild.

deadline.com

‘Valdemar Universe’ Fantasy Book Series In The Works For TV From Kit Williamson, Brittany Cavallaro & Radar Pictures

EXCLUSIVE: Jumanji producer Radar Pictures is adapting Mercedes Lackey’s Valdemar literary universe for television. The company, founded by Interscope Records co-founder Ted Field, who is an exec producer on Amazon’s The Wheel of Time series, has acquired the small screen rights to the books...

Oct 25, 2017
The Valdemar books may have been the first fantasy I read back in high school. Seeing them made into a TV series twenty something years later would be wild.

deadline.com

‘Valdemar Universe’ Fantasy Book Series In The Works For TV From Kit Williamson, Brittany Cavallaro & Radar Pictures

EXCLUSIVE: Jumanji producer Radar Pictures is adapting Mercedes Lackey’s Valdemar literary universe for television. The company, founded by Interscope Records co-founder Ted Field, who is an exec producer on Amazon’s The Wheel of Time series, has acquired the small screen rights to the books...

Going straight for the Vanyel stuff makes sense; hope this is good if it pulls through because the ghost of teenage me will force me to watch it.

...plus if this takes off maybe we could get another attempt at a Pern TV series. Give me all the magical psychic pet/companion/friend shows.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
More focus on people with guns in that Y: The Last Man pic than I remember from the series. I remember one cohort of characters in that category so maybe that's who's depicted there.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

deadline.com

Surprised somewhat by how big those Discovery numbers are.

Oct 25, 2017
decide to forgo cable but got the cheap version of peacock

totally dont understand why they dont offer full episodes of MSNBC shows (or why isnt it even just streaming live?!) like...

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Gordon Ramsay Launches Studio Ramsay Global With Fox Entertainment As Part Of Mega-Overall Deal

Gordon Ramsay has cooked up a major deal with Fox Entertainment.

Gordon Ramsay has cooked up a major deal with FoxEntertainment that will see the celebrity chef and broadcaster launch a new production company and sign a major overall deal.

Ramsay and Fox have launched Studio Ramsay Globalwith the Rupert Murdoch-owned network funding the acquisition of 100% of Ramsay's existing television business, Studio Ramsay, which was a partnership with All3Media.

Deadline understands that the deal is in the nine-figure range and Fox beat out a number of networks and studios to secure the chef's kitchen expertise.

Fox Alternative Entertainment will serve as the production for the new company and it marks Fox's first acquisition in the non-scripted space.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apple TV+ renews Physical:
deadline.com

Rose Byrne Dramedy ‘Physical’ Renewed For Season 2 By Apple TV+

Ahead of Physical's Season 1 finale Friday on Apple TV+, the half-hour dramedy from Annie Weisman has been renewed for Season 2.

"The Shining" spinoff "Overlook" passed on by HBO Max, but could be picked up by Netflix:
deadline.com

‘The Shining’ Offshoot Series ‘Overlook’ From Bad Robot Not Going Forward At HBO Max, Closing In On New Home

HBO Max has opted not to proceed with 'Overlook,' the drama project from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions inspired by Stephen King’s 'The Shining.'
Written by Dustin Thomason and Scott Brown, horror-thriller Overlook, inspired by and featuring iconic characters from King's The Shining, explores the untold, terrifying stories of the most famous haunted hotel in American fiction.

I hear HBO Max brass liked the project but felt it was not a fit for them at this time. Bad Robot has an expansive existing slate at HBO/HBO Max with current series Westworld on HBO and upcoming series Demimonde on HBO and Duster and Subject To Change at HBO Max. The company just sold Fledgling to HBO for development.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Whatever happened to that Hellraiser series that was suppose to come to HBO Max? The talent behind it was great and I was hopeful for it but like many announced shows, just disappeared.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Apple TV+ renews Physical:
deadline.com

Rose Byrne Dramedy ‘Physical’ Renewed For Season 2 By Apple TV+

Ahead of Physical's Season 1 finale Friday on Apple TV+, the half-hour dramedy from Annie Weisman has been renewed for Season 2.

"The Shining" spinoff "Overlook" passed on by HBO Max, but could be picked up by Netflix:
deadline.com

‘The Shining’ Offshoot Series ‘Overlook’ From Bad Robot Not Going Forward At HBO Max, Closing In On New Home

HBO Max has opted not to proceed with 'Overlook,' the drama project from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions inspired by Stephen King’s 'The Shining.'

Physical isn't one of the best shows on Apple+ but its an interesting look into what happens when a basically passive person starts asserting themselves and how the results aren't always good.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

Yellowstone Spinoff: Sam Elliott, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill to Star in Prequel Series 1883 at Paramount+

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are sent to join Sam Elliott in the forthcoming 'Yellowstone' prequel spinoff '1883' -- get details

Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Sam Elliot are the leads in the Yellowstone prequel spin off 😲

ysHappen.gif

A bit more seriously, is it possible for Yellowstone to get any more ridiculous? Woo boy, we just might find out.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Y: The Last Man has a lot to live up to, one of the few books to have me reading non-stop til the end

Might be a rare day one show for me

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After trying to watch Servant season 2, Apple might need to be a little more aggressive with those cancellations. Man did that show crater.

Anyways, only a month until Ys and no trailer does not exactly fill me with confidence.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Apple TV+ has cancelled their first series: Little Voice, after just 1 season.
Surprising they're only bothering to cancel something now.
Don't get me wrong they have a lot of acclaimed series but also a lot that have reviewed in the poor to mediocre range plus a lot I can imagine aren't big ratings hits (there's been barely any online talk for a number of their recent releases like Lisey's Stiry, Mosquito Coast, Schmigadoon, Home Before Dark s2)

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word on when little America is coming back? I really enjoyed the first season. There were some stinkers, but overall I thought it was a really good show

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

I realize this is a basic teaser/trailer but it's not giving me a great feeling about the show. Granted, I think making a show out of this story isn't a great idea in the first place but I was hoping they could do something a little more compelling with it. We'll see...

Apple TV+ has cancelled their first series: Little Voice, after just 1 season.
This is a bummer. I realize very few people watched it but I did and thought it was pretty good. Was hoping they could hit a stride in a second season but I guess we'll never know now.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
That title change made me think it was Mythic Quest that ate it. Wouldn't mind a The Connors move there though.