• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Roswell, New Mexico is back tonight. 🙂

I hope this season doesn't turn into a
let's save Max again. Was hoping Max was saved, but now with how S3 started, hoping we aren't going down this route again. Although looks like at the least it's going to be another "let's save 'x'" with the funeral.

Nathan Parsons hasn't indicated he wants to leave the series, has he?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, CBS' Love Island drew 1.63 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, ticking up on both counts week-to-week and hitting a Tuesday high for this season in the demo.

Over on NBC, coverage of the Tokyo Olympics drew 13.6 million total viewers and a 3.2 demo rating, right on par with Monday night's preliminary numbers (which marked the summer games' first decline).

zwZbtGQ.png

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This show must be doing well for TNT

tvline.com

Snowpiercer Snags Very Early Season 4 Renewal at TNT — Watch

TNT has renewed 'Snowpiercer' for a fourth season — watch star Daveed Diggs' on-set announcement

I wonder how long this show can go without being wildly retooled. There can only be so many rebellions and changes of power structures on the train before it gets real repetitive.

That said, S2 was largely a blast because everything with Sean Bean's character was absolutely fantastic. Plus, Alison Wright is killing it on the show. There was also a really great isolated episode with Connelly's character. So I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Season 1 was rocky, but Season 2 improved on most counts.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, NBC's primetime coverage of Wednesday's Tokyo Olympics averaged 11.7 million total viewers (and a 2.7 demo rating), down about 15 percent from the preliminary numbers for the night prior.

CBS | Big Brother (3.6 mil/0.9) and Love Island (1.8 mil/0.5) both ticked up week-to-week, posting their best Wednesday numbers since their respective season premieres.

ABC | $100,000 Pyramid (3.1 mil/0.4) hit and tied season lows, while Match Game (2.4 mil/0.3) slipped to season lows (at the very least) with its "Yes, already" finale.
lUivBYs.png

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Me and my fiancee absolutely loved Apple's Trying. Any similar shows around? We're already waiting for S2 of Modern Love, but still looking for something new to watch.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, NBC's Thursday-night coverage of the Tokyo Olympics averaged 14.4 million total viewers, up 23 percent from Wednesday to mark the summer games' second-best primetime audience yet.

CBS | Big Brother (3.9 mil/0.9) and Love Island (1.7 mil/0.4) were steady in the demo week-to-week, and each only dropped a handful of viewers.

ABC | NBA Draft coverage averaged 1.4 mil and a 0.3.

THE CW | Leading out of a Roswell NM rerun, The Outpost (450K/0.0) reclaimed its goose egg.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my fiancee absolutely loved Apple's Trying. Any similar shows around? We're already waiting for S2 of Modern Love, but still looking for something new to watch.
Trying is so good. Modern Love, too. Ted Lasso gave us similar vibes to Trying. Little America and Little Voice, too. Those are all excellent.

Edit: I bet you'd dig Never Have I Ever and the Four Weddings and a Funeral miniseries, too. We've been spoiled with earnest romcoms the past few years.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Would be nice for HBO Max to join sometime, as I'm curious how some of their shows would perform.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Loki,’ ‘Manifest’ Stay Atop Nielsen Streaming Charts

The two series repeat as the No. 1 original and acquired shows for the week of of June 28-July 4.

Original Series

1. Loki (Disney+), 813 million minutes viewed
2. Bosch (Amazon), 490 million
3. Lucifer (Netflix), 450 million
4. Sex/Life (Netflix), 449 million
5. Too Hot to Handle (Netflix), 395 million
6. Sweet Tooth (Netflix), 256 million
7. The Seven Deadly Sins (Netflix), 255 million
8. Workin' Moms (Netflix), 247 million
9. The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu), 209 million
10. Sophie: A Murder in West Cork (Netflix), 206 million

Acquired Series

1. Manifest (Netflix), 1.87 billion minutes
2. Cocomelon (Netflix), 708 million
3. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 647 million
4. Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 606 million
5. Downton Abbey (Netflix), 506 million
6. NCIS (Netflix), 443 million
7. Heartland (Netflix), 394 million
8. Supernatural (Netflix), 376 million
9. Schitt's Creek (Netflix), 260 million
10. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 259 million

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in August 2021 - What are you watching? Entertainment

Looks like a pretty decent month for both new and returning shows. For the new stuff, we've got an animated thing from Marvel; Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a new show on Apple TV+; there's a Rosa Salazar horror thriller on Netflix; the Stephen Amell wresting show on Starz (👀); Nicole Kidman is like...

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Paget Brewster reckons the Criminal Minds revival won't be happening

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/criminal-minds-revival-dead-paget-brewster-twitter-1235031727/

Brewster expressed regret on Thursday while responding to a fan account curious if there was any news about the show, saying "No, and sadly, we think it's dead. I'll let you know if there is any progress but it seems unlikely. Which is a bummer." Other stars of the show, such as Mandy Patinkin, Matthew Gray Gubler and A. J. Cook, have not yet made public comments.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I still don't have headers down correctly, and using another small table on top of the lists made everything wonky, so we'll just stick with this as it is.

This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of August 1, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-08-01/

1.Outer BanksSeasons 1-2United StatesNEW
2.Sex/LifeSeason 1United States↓ 1
3.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States=
4.Love is Blind: After the AltarSeason 1United StatesNEW
5.Never Have I EverSeasons 1-2United States↓ 3
6.Virgin RiverSeasons 1-3United States↓ 2
7.How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast)Seasons 1-3GermanyNEW
8.The Snitch Cartel: OriginsSeason 1ColombiaNEW
9.The Cook of CastamarSeason 1Spain↓ 2
10.Too Hot to Handle: BrazilSeason 1Brazil↓ 2

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of August 1, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-08-01/

1.Outer BanksSeasons 1-2NEW
2.All AmericanSeasons 1-3NEW
3.Love is Blind: After the AltarSeason 1NEW
4.Virgin RiverSeasons 1-3↓ 3
5.CocomelonSeasons 1-3=
6.The FlashSeasons 1-7NEW
7.ManifestSeasons 1-2↓ 5
8.The Walking DeadSeasons 1-10NEW
9.Tattoo RedoSeason 1NEW
10.Sex/LifeSeason 1↓ 4

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Alex Kurtzman Inks New Nine-Figure Overall Deal With CBS Studios

The captain of the 'Star Trek' franchise for the studio has extended his relationship with ViacomCBS through 2026.

Following a year-plus of negotiating, Star Trek franchise captain Alex Kurtzman has extended his overall deal with producers CBS Studios.

Kurtzman has been with the studio for more than a decade. In 2018, Kurtzman and his Secret Hideout inked a $25 million overall deal extension with CBS Studios. The five-year deal was to have taken him through 2023. Sources say Kurtzman — who oversees five (and counting) Star Trek shows, among others, for the studio — asked to renegotiate his deal more than a year ago after seeing the overall deals market explode.

The new deal renegotiates the remaining two years on the first pact and adds another three years to keep Kurtzman and his Secret Hideout at the studio through 2026.

Beyond the Trek universe, Kurtzman is currently in London directing the Paramount+-turned-Showtime drama The Man Who Fell to Earth, starring Chiwetel Ejiofor. Kurtzman co-created the update of the Walter Tervis novel with friend and frequent collaborator Jenny Lumet, with whom he's also doing Showtime's Blackbird: Lena Horne and America. (That series is based on the life of Lumet's grandmother.) Additionally, Secret Hideout is also readying Scarface and the Untouchable for Showtime. Kurtzman also oversaw development of Showtime's The Comey Rule and is readying Kavalier and Clay alongside author Michael Chabon. (Kurtzman and Lumet's Silence of the Lambs offshoot Clarice remains in limbo as dealmaking has stalled for its planned move from CBS to Paramount+.) On the development front, Secret Hideout is also prepping New York Times at Special Bargain Rates, which is based on a Stephen King short story and has also optioned multiple books, including The Girl Who Could Move Sh*t with Her Mind.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not sure if I should be happy we'll get more Trek, or dissapointed it's gonna be more shitty Kurtzman Trek instead of someone more suited to tackle that franchise taking over.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Prentice Penny Moves Overall Deal From HBO to Disney’s Onyx Collective

The 'Insecure' showrunner, who wrapped production on the final season earlier this year, will develop new projects for the shingle overseen by Tara Duncan.

With production on Insecure's final season having wrapped earlier this year, showrunner Prentice Penny is plotting his next chapter.

Penny has moved his overall deal from HBO to Disney's recently launched Onyx Collective, the recently launched Disney-based shingle focused on creators of color and underrepresented creatives that is overseen by Freeform president Tara Duncan.

Under the multiple-year overall deal, Penny will create, write, direct and produce as well as supervise new projects via his A Penny For Your Thoughts Entertainment production company for across Disney's multiple platforms. The focus will be for Hulu, which is the primary home for Onyx Collective Titles. Sources say the deal is valued in the eight-figure range.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't know why it's taking so long to get this resolved, or at least let us know it's not happening. But you would think it's a guarantee now with these numbers.
None of the actors are under contract anymore so they're not going to announce it's coming back before they can get back the people they want.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Lorne Michaels to ‘Saturday Night Live’ Cast Veterans: Stay a Little Longer (EXCLUSIVE)

Lorne Michaels is asking 'Saturday Night Live' cast veterans to stay for several more seasons as part of annual contract negotiations
"Saturday Night Live" impresario Lorne Michaels has an intriguing offer for veteran cast members thinking of leaving the show: Don't.

Each summer brings with it an annual "SNL" ritual in which Michaels and top producers try to figure out which members of the current troupe of the show's "Not Ready for Prime Time Players" will leave and which will remain. The process usually starts in August, but has commenced earlier this year, according to two people familiar with the matter, as Michaels works to convince cast members whose contracts may have lapsed not only to stay, but to stay for a while.

"SNL" is about to enter its 47th season, but Michaels hopes to get some cast members to agree to stay through the show's 50th, according to these people, a landmark occasion that is slated to start in the fall of 2024.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
None of the actors are under contract anymore so they're not going to announce it's coming back before they can get back the people they want.

Yes, I understand that. However, it seemed all the actors were genuinely interested in continuing with the series. Yet, I understand they would need to get them under contract, first before confirming another season.

But 'if' that is where they could be at now (in confirming the actors are available/get them under contract again), then hopefully that means the negotiations have been worked out between WB, NBC and Netflix.

I guess just part of me is concerned the longer it goes on, the more of a chance something like what has happened with Matt Long in another actor getting a show. With his it sounds like they could work around his shooting schedule for Getaway and it likely will be a limited, one season situation. But if another actor picks up a show, we might be so lucky with them.