• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm trying out the new table feature. Let's see how it works out!

This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of July 25, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-07-25/

1.Sex/LifeSeason 1United States↑ 1
2.Never Have I EverSeasons 1-2United States↓ 1
3.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States↑ 1
4.Virgin RiverSeasons 1-3United States↓ 1
5.Masters of the Universe: RevelationSeason 1United StatesNEW
6.Sky RojoSeasons 1-2SpainNEW
7.The Cook of CastamarSeason 1Spain↓ 2
8.Too Hot to Handle: BrazilSeason 1BrazilNEW
9.How to Become a TyrantSeason 1United States↓ 2
10.NeverthelessSeason 1South KoreaNEW

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of July 25, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-07-25/

1.Virgin RiverSeasons 1-3= (3rd Week)
2.ManifestSeasons 1-2↑ 2
3.Never Have I EverSeasons 1-2↓ 1
4.Masters of the Universe: RevelationSeason 1NEW
5.CocomelonSeasons 1-3↑ 1
6.Sex/LifeSeason 1↓ 1
7.HeistSeason 1↓ 4
8.The Movies That Made UsSeasons 1-2NEW
9.Sexy BeastsSeason 1NEW
10.AtypicalSeasons 1-4↓ 3

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I expect He-Man to quickly fall off the list since it's only 5 episodes and you're done all of them in like 2 hours. There isn't a date for the second half yet but Kevin Smith said it probably won't be out until the end of the year or early 2022.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised The Good Doctor seems to be a worldwide hit, but I guess it's generic enough that it doesn't really matter and it's basically a "feel good" story every time. lol

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying out the new table feature. Let's see how it works out!

This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of July 25, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-07-25/

1.Sex/LifeSeason 1United States↑ 1
2.Never Have I EverSeasons 1-2United States↓ 1
3.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States↑ 1
4.Virgin RiverSeasons 1-3United States↓ 1
5.Masters of the Universe: RevelationSeason 1United StatesNEW
6.Sky RojoSeasons 1-2SpainNEW
7.The Cook of CastamarSeason 1Spain↓ 2
8.Too Hot to Handle: BrazilSeason 1BrazilNEW
9.How to Become a TyrantSeason 1United States↓ 2
10.NeverthelessSeason 1South KoreaNEW

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of July 25, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-07-25/

1.Virgin RiverSeasons 1-3= (3rd Week)
2.ManifestSeasons 1-2↑ 2
3.Never Have I EverSeasons 1-2↓ 1
4.Masters of the Universe: RevelationSeason 1NEW
5.CocomelonSeasons 1-3↑ 1
6.Sex/LifeSeason 1↓ 1
7.HeistSeason 1↓ 4
8.The Movies That Made UsSeasons 1-2NEW
9.Sexy BeastsSeason 1NEW
10.AtypicalSeasons 1-4↓ 3
I'm kind of late to reply to this post but I think this is pretty cool

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

deadline.com

‘Manifest’ May Be Saved As Netflix, NBC Eye New Season Of Canceled Series

Netflix and NBC are reportedly pursuing a fourth season of canceled NBC drama series 'Manifest.'

It's been almost a week since reports of this began surfacing again. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing it's taking this long.

I know the actors are out of options, and have been for awhile now, so the longer this goes on, the better the chance one or more of them can jump to another project.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Days Of Our Lives’ Limited Series With Lisa Rinna, Deidre Hall, More Ordered By Peacock

The Days Of Our Lives universe is expanding on NBCU's Peacock.
The Days Of Our Lives universe is expanding on NBCU's Peacock. The streaming service has ordered Days Of Our Lives: Beyond Salem, a five-episode limited series spawned by the long-running NBC drama.

The first original Days Of Our Lives limited will bring together past and present residents of Salem including the return of Lisa Rinna as Billie Reed, along with Deidre Hall as Dr. Marlena Evans, Drake Hogestyn as John Black, Jackée Harry as Paulina Price, James Reynolds as Abe Carver, Victoria Konefal as Ciara Brady, Robert Scott Wilson as Ben Weston, Billy Flynn as Chad DiMera, Lamon Archey as Eli Grant and Sal Stowers as Lani Price.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FX released details on BJ Novak's new TV show and....wow. This could either be good or an incredible misfire from Landgraf and co.
deadline.com

‘The Premise’: Ben Platt, Tracee Ellis Ross, Daniel Dae Kim & More Join B.J. Novak FX Comedy Anthology Series

Created and hosted by B.J. Novak, 'The Premise' adds Ben Platt, Tracee Ellis Ross, Daniel Dae Kim and more the FX on Hulu series.

B.J. Novak's previously untitled comedy anthology series for FX now has a title and fresh lineup of stars set to appear. Created, written and hosted by Novak, The Premise adds Ben Platt, Tracee Ellis Ross, Daniel Dae Kim, Lola Kirke, Soko, Jermaine Fowler, Ayo Edebiri, Eric Lange to its cast.

Set to debut on FX on Hulu with two episodes on Thursday, September 16, The Premise is a new series that uses comedy to engage with the biggest issues of our unprecedented modern era. The series combines comedic premises with dramatic performances, creating a new tone for a new time. Previously announced cast members are Lucas Hedges, Kaitlyn Dever, Jon Bernthal, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Ed Asner, George Wallace, Boyd Holbrook and Beau Bridges.
  • "Social Justice Sex Tape" – When a white, woke, twentysomething ally to social justice causes (Ben Platt) discovers video evidence of a disputed police incident in the background of his highly embarrassing sex tape, a savvy young lawyer (Ayo Edebiri) and her mentor (Tracee Ellis Ross) strategize on how to best use the tape and witness to save an innocent man (Jermaine Fowler) from prison. Also starring Melissa Saint-Amand. Written by B.J. Novak and Josie Duffy Rice. Directed by Kitao Sakurai.
  • "Moment of Silence" – After losing his daughter to gun violence, a grieving father (Jon Bernthal) pursues a new job as a PR director at the National Gun Lobby, where he's befriended by a co-worker (Boyd Holbrook) who starts to suspect that the man's motives may be far more dangerous than they seem. Also starring Beau Bridges and Amy Landecker. Written and directed by B.J. Novak.
  • "The Ballad of Jesse Wheeler" – A pop megastar (Lucas Hedges) returns to his high school to pledge a donation to build a new library but instead promises to have sex with the school's valedictorian as an academic achievement prize. The promise inspires the disillusioned Abbi (Kaitlyn Dever), along with the rest of the student body, while the star's manager (O'Shea Jackson Jr.) and the school's principal (George Wallace) desperately try to walk back the promise. Also starring Ed Asner, Brendan Scanell and Grace Song. Written and directed by B.J. Novak.
  • "The Commenter" – A young woman (Lola Kirke) with a happy life and loving partner (Soko) becomes obsessed with a critical anonymous comment online, eventually upending her life in a quest for the commenter's approval. Also starring Sylvia Grace Crim and Benjamin Clement. Written by Jia Tolentino and B.J. Novak. Directed by Darya Zhuk.
  • "Butt Plug" – A once-poor child of immigrants (Daniel Dae Kim) who has now become one of the world's richest men presents a chance at redemption to his former school bully (Eric Lange): an uninterrupted hour with his board of directors to pitch a very specific product. Also starring Bryan Batt. Written by B.J. Novak. Directed by Jake Schreier.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
FX released details on BJ Novak's new TV show and....wow. This could either be good or an incredible misfire from Landgraf and co.

The initial logline they released was hilariously nondescript, so I'm glad it seems like the show is actually about something. Looks like a pretty bold set up too. Nice!

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not surprised about cursed. It was thoroughly mediocre.

Other than White Lotus, which I'll start after I watch brigerton at a friend's recommendation, what's the best TV on this year? I've been mostly rewatching stuff and haven't really been aware of recent stuff

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Other than White Lotus, which I'll start after I watch brigerton at a friend's recommendation, what's the best TV on this year? I've been mostly rewatching stuff and haven't really been aware of recent stuff
It's been a super mediocre year thus far. Very few must watches imo. The White Lotus and Ultra City Smiths are the two best things so far but both are only about halfway through their seasons.

It's a Sin was good. Hacks, Girls5Eva, and We Are Lady Parts were all enjoyable, if somewhat inessential.

(I still need to get around to For All Mankind S2, which everyone says is amazing)

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It's been a super mediocre year thus far. Very few must watches imo. The White Lotus and Ultra City Smiths are the two best things so far but both are only about halfway through their seasons.

It's a Sin was good. Hacks, Girls5Eva, and We Are Lady Parts were all enjoyable, if somewhat inessential.

(I still need to get around to For All Mankind S2, which everyone says is amazing)
For all mankind S2 is great. I'm always down for more Steven Conrad, so ultra city smiths is an easy yes. Shame there isn't much better going on. Mare of Easttown was pretty good if a bit... way grim

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

Yeah add another vote to White Lotus. It's really bizarre but it's easily the most compelling TV I've seen all year. I just can't take my eyes off of it.

I'd also suggest giving Evil a try. Season 1 was good but Season 2 has upped the crazy/weird a bit. It's worth watching an episode or two to see if its something you like.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Every single thing listed about that BJ Novak show sounds completely terrible.
It definitely doesn't sound great. I'm mildly interested in the one called "A Moment of Silence" but the others sound generally terrible. It almost sounds like it's going for a Black Mirror vibe, which means it's all going to be in the execution. This could be very bad.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah add another vote to White Lotus. It's really bizarre but it's easily the most compelling TV I've seen all year. I just can't take my eyes off of it.

I'd also suggest giving Evil a try. Season 1 was good but Season 2 has upped the crazy/weird a bit. It's worth watching an episode or two to see if its something you like.
I love evil, it's all that my sub is paying for at this point lol

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings came in super late yesterday, and I didn't get a chance to post them, so here they are:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/...reat-north-dead-pixels-tokyo-summer-olympics/

RvdzjgQ.png

And here are Monday night's ratings as well:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/...oung-sheldon-duncanville-2020-tokyo-olympics/

pUI3fA2.png

Here's hoping the rest of the week will be back to normal.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't sleep on Physical which is turning out to be way better than I thought it might. It's dark, tightly structured for a fairly sprawling story and often very funny.