• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
That Mike White interview was one of the best I've read in a while.

Did Quibi ever approach you to make content?

Before "White Lotus," I wanted to do this show with Jennifer Coolidge, and I honestly think it was the best script I ever wrote. It would be the coolest show. It got really close at all these places, but the rejection was the same everywhere. It was just too weird. And the producer was, like, "Well, maybe we could take it to Quibi!" I was, like, "I'm not taking this to Quibi!"

I think folks in this thread would really enjoy reading it. Fascinating look at his creative process and experience.

www.newyorker.com

Mike White on Money, Status, and Appearing on “Survivor”

The screenwriter and actor’s latest TV series, “The White Lotus,” scrutinizes the Faustian bargain of marrying into money.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
And the show runner will be the same as Good Omens, not... whoever ended up with the job over at Starz.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I thought the whole thing was Peacock was going to have all the NBC shows exclusive. What's even the point now?
The problem comes from other production companies (Tina Fey's for example) and whatever contracts they already have. If they have backend points you can't have NBC ignore a huge offer from another streamer and underpay. It's why NBC had to pay $500M for 5 years of The Office in order to beat Netflix's $450M offer.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The problem comes from other production companies (Tina Fey's for example) and whatever contracts they already have. If they have backend points you can't have NBC ignore a huge offer from another streamer and underpay. It's why NBC had to pay $500M for 5 years of The Office in order to beat Netflix's $450M offer.

Yeah IIRC there was a huge lawsuit over something like this (Bones maybe?).

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
e3c3032c89a9b505f14de4b2fe20abc7.jpg

Poster for Anansi Boys, sucks that Orlando Jones won't be in it though

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Fox's highly entertaining (though I'm crestfallen to learn Emma is married) Crime Scene Kitchen closed out Season 1 on Wednesday night with 1.6 million total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating, dipping from last week to mark series lows. Opening Fox's night, MasterChef (2.2 mil/0.5) similarly dipped to season lows.

CBS' Big Brother (3.3 mil/0.8) was steady week-to-week and dominated Wednesday in the demo; Love Island (1.6 mil/0.3) was steady yet again.

Elsewhere:

THE CW | Kung Fu's freshman finale (832K/0.1) posted its second best audience in six weeks. In the Dark (400K/0.1) was steady.

ABC | Press Your Luck (3.3 mil/0.5) and $100,000 Pyramid (3.6 mil/0.5) were steady, with the latter delivering Wednesday's biggest audience. A very "extra" episode of Match Game returned to 2.8 mil and a 0.4.

NBC | That Olympics/Jonas special did 2.5 mil and a 0.3.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently I missed the memo that this is coming out tomorrow :x I know an S3 is coming at some point, since I heard an interview over a year ago where the director talked about doing Nightmare on Elm Street, and that's not even on this list.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, The CW's Walker this week drew 1.2 million total viewers — its largest audience in 10 episodes (dating back to March 18) — while also ticking up to a 0.2 demo rating.

Leading out of that, The Outpost (460K/0.1) improved on last week's goose egg.

CBS' Big Brother (3.7 mil/0.9) was steady week-to-week and led Thursday in both measures. Love Island (1.8 mil/0.4) added some eyeballs while steady in the demo.

Over on NBC, Making It (2 mil/0.3) was steady. Good Girls' double-episode series finale did 2.1 mil/0.3 and then 1.5 mil/0.2, with the latter matching the show's all-time demo low.

Elsewhere, ABC's Holey Moley (2.7 mil/0.4), When Nature Calls (1.8 mil/0.3), and The Hustler (1.6 mil/0/3) were all steady, as was Fox's Beat Shazam (1.7 mil/0.4).

Screenshot-2021-07-23-125226.png

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
The Outpost...growing?!

I just assume whatever fans the show has just didn't know it came back last week and this is just them tuning back in. Either way, love ya The Outpost, keep on with your cool self.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
The Outpost...growing?!

I just assume whatever fans the show has just didn't know it came back last week and this is just them tuning back in. Either way, love ya The Outpost, keep on with your cool self.

This is one show I always wanted to get into. Have watched all of the other sci-fi/supernatural CW shows, not sure why I didn't get into this one. But I believe the prior seasons are on Amazon.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
This is one show I always wanted to get into. Have watched all of the other sci-fi/supernatural CW shows, not sure why I didn't get into this one. But I believe the prior seasons are on Amazon.
It certainly won't win any awards but it scratches that 90s syndicated fantasy itch that I've been missing for ages now. So if you like pretty people swinging swords and kicking fools and a mentality of "Sure we are a very low-budget show but that isn't gonna stop us from having fully CGI demon things even if they look far, far from impressive!" then the show might be for you.

Or it very well might not because even though I like and watch the show it never really reaches the heights you want it to, and with so much quality media out there I find a lot of people aren't willing to settle for something that is just 'alright'.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The Outpost...growing?!

That's the benefit of keeping your show around. You can get all the Blutarskys in the world, but you'll at least know that it will keep going.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
It certainly won't win any awards but it scratches that 90s syndicated fantasy itch that I've been missing for ages now. So if you like pretty people swinging swords and kicking fools and a mentality of "Sure we are a very low-budget show but that isn't gonna stop us from having fully CGI demon things even if they look far, far from impressive!" then the show might be for you.

Or it very well might not because even though I like and watch the show it never really reaches the heights you want it to, and with so much quality media out there I find a lot of people aren't willing to settle for something that is just 'alright'.

I'm a fan of most of the similar shows on the CW, so I am willing to suspend my belief on quality. I know most of the shows on the network are ok to bad (there are some exceptions with higher quality), but they are good popcorn shows (for me). So I think I would like The Outpost. Am willing to give it a shot, at least.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
This looks like exactly what I want but, yeah, why does NBC even try with these at this point? If they aren't willing to give stuff like this a chance why make them at all?

I'm guessing if one hits big like a Heroes, Lost back in the day or TWD on the cable side it is really valuable. But just going by the comments here, networks have really eroded viewers even giving shows like this a chance.

Don't know if it will be able to manifest an audience, and could wind up as debris on the stack of canceled sci-fi shows.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing if one hits big like a Heroes, Lost back in the day or TWD on the cable side it is really valuable. But just going by the comments here, networks have really eroded viewers even giving shows like this a chance.

Don't know if it will be able to manifest an audience, and could wind up as debris on the stack of canceled sci-fi shows.
It's weird because they must know that no show will ever be that big again by virtue of the fact that there are so many more options now.