• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

This reboot is even copying the oldest sister leaving the show after three seasons. 😆

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, CBS' Big Brother this Sunday drew 3.4 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, dipping week-to-week yet still led the night in the demo. Love Island (1.4 mil/0.3) added eyeballs week-to-week while steady in the demo.

Opening CBS' night, 60 Minutes delivered Sunday's biggest audience: 5.7 million.

Over on The CW, Legends of Tomorrow (430K/0.1) grew its audience some. Wellington Paranormal (230K/0.0) added a few viewers to last week's Stateside premiere, while Dead Pixels' Stateside Season 2 debut did (egads) 190K and a 0.0.

ABC's Celebrity Family Feud (4.6 mil/0.6), The Chase (3.6 mil/0.4) and To Tell the Truth (3.1 mil/0.4) were all steady.

UQzuA1L.png

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

Bruce Campbell playing Glenn Howerton's father on AP Bio is a pretty good choice.

Now get him for a Sunny guest spot too.
Oh cool. I wasn't even aware that this got renewed.

I guess CBS is doing the same thing Fox is doing with Tubi

Does CBS own Pluto? Actually, now I'm not sure if Fox owns Tubi. I thought they did. I kind of like these kinds of services. Tubi and PlutoTV are nice

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on Los Espookys S2? Just saw Julio Torres will be directing and starting in a new A24 film with Tilda Swindon, and was reminded we haven't heard anything after the S2 pickup.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
One of my favorite NBC comedies. Also another reason to not use Peacock, not that most people had been doing so anyways based on those recent reports, lol.

Jul 4, 2019
Just read this interview between Mike White and The New Yorker. He mentions about how HBO has shown some interest in returning to Enlightened.

www.newyorker.com

Mike White on Money, Status, and Appearing on “Survivor”

The screenwriter and actor’s latest TV series, “The White Lotus,” scrutinizes the Faustian bargain of marrying into money.

Did I hear you correctly, that there's been interest in a third season of "Enlightened" . . . after all that?

HBO has mentioned in the last two or three years, saying that they would be interested—a one-off short season or a movie that wraps everything up. I'm not saying I would never do it, but it just makes me wonder: Why do you want to do this now? I'm such a contrarian. I love Laura [Dern], and there would be reasons to do it. But I kind of feel like it's the Ghost of Christmas Past. It's funny, because Amy Jellicoe could actually be the villain of the third season. There could be a funny twist.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Just read this interview between Mike White and The New Yorker. He mentions about how HBO has shown some interest in returning to Enlightened.

www.newyorker.com

Mike White on Money, Status, and Appearing on “Survivor”

The screenwriter and actor’s latest TV series, “The White Lotus,” scrutinizes the Faustian bargain of marrying into money.

"HBO has mentioned in the last two or three years, saying that they would be interested—a one-off short season or a movie that wraps everything up."

which is ironic because HBO's main guy at the time said the "story had come to a natural end" when they cancelled it

Also, he says that he wants to do another season of The White Lotus, but at like a sister hotel set somewhere else. Hope he gets to do it!

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's an action fantasy show with a great story, and a cool female protagonist. It's way darker than you'd expect from a Disney show, and we already know that they'll get to finish the story because the final season has already begun production.

The first two seasons are on Disney+ now. The first half of the first season is mostly character building, but then the overarching story starts to kick in. Tons of fantasy elements and world building. It's awesome~

Okay cool, thanks for the write up. I'll add it to my queue! 😘

Oct 25, 2017
At least Indycars post NBCSN fate has been clarified.

"Thirteen races will be broadcast on NBC in 2022. USA Network and Peacock Premium will show the remaining races. "

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, The CW's The Republic of Sarah this Monday drew 330,000 total viewers and a 0.1 demo rating, improving on last week's series lows.

Opening The CW's night, All American with its season finale equaled its best audience since March 8 (740K) while steady in the demo (with a 0.2).

Elsewhere:

ABC | The Bachelorette (3.7 mil/0.9) and The Celebrity Dating Game (2.3 mil/0.4) were steady, with the former leading Monday in both measures.

NBC | American Ninja Warrior (3.2 mil/0.5) and Small Fortune (1.5 mil/0.3) were steady heading into the Tokyo Olympics break.

FOX | Hell's Kitchen (2.5 mil/0.6), Housebroken (1 mil/0.3) and Duncanville (740K/0.2) all added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

h6LLa9A.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

deadline.com

‘Manifest’ May Be Saved As Netflix, NBC Eye New Season Of Canceled Series

Netflix and NBC are reportedly pursuing a fourth season of canceled NBC drama series 'Manifest.'

A month after the missing plane drama was axed by NBC after three seasons and Netflix opted not to pick it up, NBC is in conversations with Manifest studio Warner Bros. TV about a possible renewal, sources tell Deadline. In an intriguing twist, I hear Netflix also has resumed talks with Warner Bros. TV about a fourth season on the streamer and they have been picking up momentum.

The conversations are happening as Manifest Season 1 and 2 viewership continues to surge on Netflix in the U.S. and the #SaveManifest fan campaign remains strong. Reps for Warner Bros. TV, Netflix and NBC declined comment.

Two other things happened since NBC on June 14 canceled Manifest, the highest-rated on linear among the network's four bubble shows by a wide margin, especially in total viewers.

The network's planned eight-episode Season 5 pickup ofGood Girls fell through at the last minute over cast-deal issues, and NBC on June 25 announced that Good Girlswould not be coming back after all.

On July 15, NBC revised its fall 2020 schedule, revealing that ordered new spinoff series, Law & Order: For the Defense, was not moving forward, with veteran The Blacklist taking the drama's Thursday 8 PM slot.

The two moves freed up funds in NBC's 2020-21 drama seres budget and opened up holes on the schedule, which is believed to have helped reopen renewal talks with Warner Bros. TV on Manifest.

Meanwhile, I hear Netflix has restarted talks after passing on the show in June as Manifest has been showing great resilience, remaining in the daily top 10 for more than a month after topping the Nielsen streaming ratings in its first week of release on the platform.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017

Peacock released a teaser trailer for their One of Us is Lying adaptation. It's a YA book. It was a really fun and engaging read.

Thanks Ratsky for posting the Mike White interview. Gonna go read it now. I was glued to my screen during the second White Lotus episode. Mike White has a well realized and insightful perspective that comes through in a really compelling way in his works.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the whole thing was Peacock was going to have all the NBC shows exclusive. What's even the point now?
NBC wants their cake and they want to eat it too. They want both that licensing revenue and streaming service revenue. It's so stupid. I do think Peacock will probably be one of the first "big" streaming services to fail (or Comcast will sell them to another media company).

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

deadline.com

‘Manifest’ May Be Saved As Netflix, NBC Eye New Season Of Canceled Series

Netflix and NBC are reportedly pursuing a fourth season of canceled NBC drama series 'Manifest.'

This is great to hear talks are happening again. It looks like it could come back to both Netflix and NBC. In reading it at first I thought it was just for Netflix.

Really hope this gets saved as would like to see the whole story as intended. Although am curious what is going on with the actors as I know they aren't contractually bound any longer. They need to make this decision soon before one of them finds another show.

Oct 25, 2017
when netflix picks up incomplete shows does it give them more than one season, like Designated Survivor only got one more season from them. Just wondering if Manifest could get to its six seasons.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, ABC's coverage of the sixth and deciding NBA Finals match-up drew nearly 9 million viewers along with a 2.8 demo rating (per Nielsen fast affiliates), easily marking the series' best numbers. That's up sharply from last year's Game 6 clincher (which aired in October), but on pace to be a far cry from 2019's numbers.

On the pre-game front, Jimmy Kimmel did 5.2 mil/1.4, followed by NBA Countdown's 5.9 mil/1.8.

Elsewhere:

THE CW | The Flash (720K/0.2) and Superman & Lois (820K/0.1) both dipped to their third-smallest audiences, with the latter also down a tenth in the demo.

NBC | America's Got Talent (6.6 mil/0.8) dipped, while College Bowl (2.1 mil/0.4) held steady.

FOX | LEGO Masters (1.5 mil/0.4) and the Mental Samurai Season 2 finale (950K/0.2) both hit series lows all around.

CBS | Love Island (1.6 mil/0.3) was steady week-to-week.

ZiEZHqa.png

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Wife is watching Dr. Death, and she mentioned Joshua Jackson and wanted to know if I'd watch the first episode of Fringe for the first time since it originally aired. Yes, I would. AND I REGRET NOTHING. (of course all it really did was make me lament Debris not getting a fair shake...)

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
NBC wants their cake and they want to eat it too. They want both that licensing revenue and streaming service revenue. It's so stupid. I do think Peacock will probably be one of the first "big" streaming services to fail (or Comcast will sell them to another media company).

Yup, only possible upside is they might need the money by licensing which they would invest in original content for Peacock. Original content is king. They don't have the massive IP like Disney+ or they don't constantly pump out product like Netflix, so I suspect it will be difficult for them to break out going forward.