• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
A glimpse at what could have been. A non-animated Marvel What If New Warriors did happen on Freeform (or whatever they were calling it then)

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
tvline.com

Star Trek: Picard Renewed for Season 3 — Plus, Q Gives Jean-Luc a Fresh Puzzle to Solve in New Season 2 Trailer

'Star Trek: Picard' has been renewed for Season 3 — get a sneak peek at Season 2 with a new trailer, and find out when it premieres.
It's only good if the second season isn't a hate watch that completely ruins everything I loved about Picard. I'll give it one more shot because of my love for the character, but it had better not be a repeat of the first season or I'm out.

If they ruin Q, I swear I will rage about it on the internet.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

He went on to say it wasn't Jeph Loeb but never said it wasn't Ike Perlmutter (it was totally him). Other tweets showed off-screen footage of Squirrel Girl as well as the Tippy Toe puppet in action.

www.resetera.com

One of the creators of the quietly shelved Marvel's New Warriors show shows why the show was shelved and what could have been

And for those wondering, this was BEFORE Feige took over Marvel TV so there's a few more known and infamous suspects of why we got denied this. There's more but ERA limit

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, CBS' Big Brother drew 3.8 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating, dipping week-to-week yet still dominating Wednesday in the demo. Leading out of that, House Calls With Dr. Phil (1.7 mil/0.2) and 48 Hours (2 mil/0.2) were steady.

Over on NBC, America's Got Talent (5.7 mil/0.6) was steady week-to-week and delivered the night's biggest audience. Family Game Fight (2.2 mil/0.4) was also steady.

FOX | A two-hour, nerve wracking MasterChef (2.4 mil/0.6) ticked up from last week to tie for No. 2 in the demo.

THE CW | Riverdale (420K/0.1) added some viewers, while In the Dark (360K/0.1) dropped a few.

ABC | A 20/20 special on the Women of 9/11 averaged 3.1 mil/0.5.
Screenshot-2021-09-09-122433.png

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Early reviews of The Premise are kinda disappointing.
www.avclub.com

B.J. Novak’s anthology The Premise tepidly tackles hot topics

Created by B.J. Novak, The Premise is the latest anthology series to tackle timely subjects. The Office alum has big ideas for this series, but most episodes are undone by phoniness and a lack of follow-through.
variety.com

B.J. Novak’s ‘The Premise’ Anthology Series Often Can’t Deliver on Its Promise: TV Review

FX for Hulu's new series, with episodes co-written by Jia Tolentino and Josie Duffy Rice, seeks to examine the crises of the modern world

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
"FX" is not having a good month - the new season of American Crime Story is getting horrible reviews, Y the Last Man is not faring much better, and now The Premise is looking like the worst of the bunch...
Didn't realize this until you pointed it out. Their September really isn't looking too strong right now. That's too bad.

On the other side, I've heard good things about What We Do In The Shadows. I think that started this month.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Was The Premise the show that got announced awhile back that ppl said it sounds bad but if he(director) could pull it off it could work?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize this until you pointed it out. Their September really isn't looking too strong right now. That's too bad.

On the other side, I've heard good things about What We Do In The Shadows. I think that started this month.

I'm close to dropping WWDITS myself, but everyone else seems to be loving it.

They've also got American Horror Story, which has been very solid thus far and seems to be well regarded by fans (just not those on ERA...)

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

They've also got American Horror Story, which has been very solid thus far and seems to be well regarded by fans (just not those on ERA...)
Do you feel it declined in quality? I haven't seen a single episode but was thinking about making it the next thing that I binge watch since I just completed a a binge this week in preparation for next month.

Oh yeah, I forgot about AHS completely. I know some people who love it but I could never get into it.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't laughed out loud at this season of WWDITS like I had in nearly every previous episode but it's still a fun watch for me. I'm not actually sure if it's the quality though or the fact that I've had a very rough month and may not have been in the mood for that sort of comedy. Still, the show is a balm for what ails me even if I'm not roaring with laughter

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Darn, I thought the Brooklyn finale was tonight, but it's next week. 2 eps a week, and then a random break right before the end :/

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good summary of what the major streamers have in store for the fall. HBO Max and Netflix look the strongest for my tastes

www.vulture.com

Fall Forecast: How Each Big Streamer Plans to Win the Season

And just like that, the streaming wars are reignited.

Also just a good reminder of how fall TV doesn't revolve around network TV anymore, at least when it comes to exciting or interesting shows.
It is funny how empty Disney+ looks in the US.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It is funny how empty Disney+ looks in the US.

Yeah if you aren't a Marvel/Star Wars fan or have kids who need to watch Frozen/Moana on repeat, Disney+ offerings are slim. At least for my tastes. Luckily for them, a ton of people are Marvel/Star Wars fans, including me.

The sheer variety and amount of content is always going to make Netflix a player. Plus they have some heavy hitters dropping later this year.

Max has been doing it big all year with movies, and has even more big ones dropping in the fall. Plus the triangle offense of Insecure/Curb/Succession in October + weekly releases mean they will stay in the conversation for months.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
That's horrible!

www.avclub.com

Skins' Kathryn Prescott in ICU after being hit by a cement truck

Her twin sister and fellow Skins star Megan Prescott detailed Kathryn's condition in an Instagram post.
Kathryn Prescott, best known for playing fan-favorite Emily Fitch in the show Skins, has been hospitalized with severe injuries after being hit by a cement truck in New York City. Her twin sister Megan Prescott, who also starred in Skins, shared the news in an Instagram post.
"I received the most terrifying phone call I've ever received in my life on Tuesday evening. My twin sister Kathryn was hit by a cement truck while crossing a road in New York on the 7th September," wrote Megan. "After fighting through complex surgery some of Kathryn's injuries include: broken pelvis in two places, both of her legs, her foot and her left hand. She's incredibly lucky to be alive. She narrowly avoided paralysis. The doctors are hopeful that she will make a full recovery but this will only be possible with the correct care right now."
She added that Prescott has been in New York City alone without family members, and so she's attempting to travel and stay in in the U.S. while her sister recovers. However, due to pandemic restrictions, only U.S. citizens can travel to the U.S. from the U.K.

"I applied to the U.S. Embassy for exemption from the current restrictions banning any non-U.S. citizens into the U.S. and was denied earlier today and I am devastated. I am double-vaccinated, I had a PCR test yesterday and can fly at the drop of a hat," Megan explained. "I have documents from the hospital confirming the extent of Kathryn's injuries and am willing to do anything to get to her as soon as humanly possible. If anyone knows of ANY way I can appeal to the U.S. Embassy's decision to reject my application for exemption from the travel ban please, please reach out."

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, NBC's Sunday Night Football presentation of Thursday night's NFL kickoff game between the Bucs and Cowboys averaged 22 million total viewers, up 29 percent from the preliminary numbers for last year's Chiefs/Texans matchup and also topping the early audience for 2019's Packers/Bears opener.

Last year's NFL Kickoff went on to report 19.3 million viewers in the Nielsen finals.

CBS | Big Brother (3.7 mil/0.8) dipped a bit week-to-week.

ABC | Holey Moley (2.3 mil/0.4), When Nature Calls (1.2 mil/0.2) and The Hustler (1.2 mil/0.2) all lost viewers while steady in the demo.

THE CW | Pending adjustment due to preemptions, Coroner (800K/0.1) and The Outpost (440K/0.1) are currently up in viewers, while the latter is also up in the demo. But again: preemptions.

OjEFRFC.png

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Considering new thread launching tomorrow (Heading to a funeral Sunday) I just need a right theme.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Considering new thread launching tomorrow (Heading to a funeral is tomorrow) I just need a right theme.
Oh shit! Tomorrow!

As far as a theme goes, what was the biggest cancellation this past TV year? I seriously can't think of one that caught everyone off-guard (or at least one that wasn't then revived).

What about incorporating COVID in the OP/theme since it cancelled quite a few shows that were already renewed. (Or maybe that'd be too depressing.)

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit! Tomorrow!

As far as a theme goes, what was the biggest cancellation this past TV year? I seriously can't think of one that caught everyone off-guard (or at least one that wasn't then revived).

What about incorporating COVID in the OP/theme since it cancelled quite a few shows that were already renewed. (Or maybe that'd be too depressing.)
Honestly considering it based on Always Sunny if only because there was no big cancelation. Also streaming is kinda changing things but I don't have Photoshop skills to ape the Wandavision logo.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Yesterday, I pre-recorded the first lineup for the new lineup.

It's almost time.

Oh mreddie , could you do a special list of shows cancelled specifically due to COVID?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Honestly considering it based on Always Sunny if only because there was no big cancelation. Also streaming is kinda changing things but I don't have Photoshop skills to ape the Wandavision logo.
An Always Sunny theme would be cool, especially since it'll be the 15th season.

Oh mreddie , could you do a special list of shows cancelled specifically due to COVID?
So other people DO want that as a theme? I thought it'd be too depressing but it really does fit well, doesn't it?