• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Post game of thrones I don't think there's another show out there with as large as budget on the screen. Entire cities seemed to have been built for the show. It never feels like it's one big set and a bunch of little rooms. It's wide open. I'm an unabashed big fan of bombast so it's no surprise I love it lol
Pretty sure it was rumored to cost like 15+ mil an episode so I believe it!

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 5, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-09-05/

1.Money HeistParts 1-5SpainNEW
2.ClickbaitLimited SeriesUnited States↓ 1
3.Money Heist: From Tokyo to BerlinSeason 1SpainNEW
4.Good GirlsSeasons 1-4United StatesNEW
5.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1United StatesNEW
6.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States↓ 4
7.The 100Seasons 1-7United StatesNEW
8.RiverdaleSeasons 1-5United States↓ 5
9.SharkdogSeason 1United StatesNEW
10.The Snitch Cartel: OriginsSeason 1Colombia↓ 2

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 5, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-09-05/

1.ClickbaitLimited Series=
2.Money HeistParts 1-5NEW
3.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1NEW
4.ManifestSeasons 1-3↓ 2
5.CocomelonSeasons 1-3↓ 2
6.SharkdogSeason 1NEW
7.All AmericanSeasons 1-3↓ 3
8.Outer BanksSeasons 1-2↓ 2
9.Q-ForceSeason 1NEW
10.Family ReunionParts 1-4↓ 5

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Interest now at zero

Not even with Donald Glover still attached and a possible interesting take on the concept.

FittingAgreeableKestrel-max-1mb.gif

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Amazon Grapples With Backlash Over Politics and Privilege in Hong Kong-Set Drama Series ‘Expats’

Amazon denies Nicole Kidman has walked off its Hong Kong-set series 'Expats,' but a wider political discussion about the show is afoot.

Amazon Studios has denied Hong Kong press reports that Nicole Kidman walked off the production of "Expats" in Hong Kong. Instead, filming is to continue despite ongoing controversy.

"Nicole wrapped as scheduled, she did not leave early. She always had other projects she was committed to. The production is not stalled or on hiatus, it was always going to continue shooting without her," said an Amazon spokesman in a comment emailed to Variety.
Hong Kong online news publication HK01 reported Sunday that Kidman and series director Lulu Wang ("The Farewell") had creative differences that led to the disruption.

The production of "Expats" has been dogged by various scandals, ranging from the political appropriateness and context of the story, to the quarantine exemption granted to Kidman upon her arrival in Hong Kong. Other cast members include Saraya Blue and Jack Huston.

Since filming began, Hong Kong media have reported that Wang and Kidman argued while filming in a street market. Sources close to the production deny a rift between star and director.

Kidman is an executive producer on the series through her Blossom Films production company and also stars in the show, which is adapted from a Janice Y. K. Lee novel about the privileged lives of a group of expatriate women. Details of her character have not been confirmed by Amazon.

Wang and the series garnered criticism for the show's focus on the lives of a minority group of rich, mostly Caucasian foreigners. Many of Wang's social media posts over the summer were also criticized for a perceived sense of entitlement and indifference to Hong Kong's political context, and claims that she is making an independent movie.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if you want to showcase privileged lives of expats, getting your main star out of quarantine is oddly appropriate.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Just saw this:

bloody-disgusting.com

[R.I.P.] “Lovecraft Country” Actor Michael K. Williams Has Passed Away

Shockingly sad news today, as we’ve learned that Primetime Emmy-nominated actor Michael K. Williams has passed away at just 54 years old, reported by Variety tonight. “The New York Police Department confirmed to Variety that the actor was found dead on Monday at 2 p.m. inside of his Brooklyn...
Shockingly sad news today, as we've learned that Primetime Emmy-nominated actor Michael K. Williams has passed away at just 54 years old, reported by Variety tonight.

"The New York Police Department confirmed to Variety that the actor was found dead on Monday at 2 p.m. inside of his Brooklyn residence," the site reports this evening.
Freshly nominated for "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series" at this year's Primetime Emmy Awards, Michael K. Williams brilliantly and powerfully played Montrose Freeman in HBO's "Lovecraft Country," the latest in a long line of small screen roles that made Williams one of the top actors on the scene. He had previously been nominated at the Primetime Emmy awards for When They See Us, Vice, The Night Of and Bessie.

On the small screen, Michael K. Williams is also known for his roles on "The Wire," playing Omar Little from 2002-2008, and "Boardwalk Empire," playing Chalky White from 2010-2014.
Williams' incredible 100+ project resume also includes Bullet, Bringing Out the Dead, "The Sopranos," "Alias," "CSI: NY," The Road, "Law & Order," "Community," "Walk This Way," 12 Years a Slave, RoboCop, The Purge: Anarchy, Ghostbusters, Assassin's Creed, and Motherless Brooklyn.

Edit:
I'm late learning about this it seems. RIP Michael K. Williams :(
www.resetera.com

Michael K Williams found dead in NYC Apartment (Omar from The Wire)

https://nypost.com/2021/09/06/actor-michael-k-williams-found-dead-in-nyc-apartment/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, The Republic of Sarah's series finale on Monday night drew 300,000 total viewers — the one-and-done drama's third-smallest audience — and another 0.0 demo rating. Opening The CW's night, Roswell New Mexico (610K/0.1) was steady in the demo while slipping to its second-smallest audience ever.

ABC | Bachelor in Paradise (3 mil/0.8) hit Monday lows for this young season but still dominated the night in the demo. The Ultimate Surfer (1.3 mil/0.3) was steady.

FOX | Hell's Kitchen's double pump served up season lows of 2.1 mil/0.5 and 2 mil/0.5.

NBC | American Ninja Warrior (3.1 mil/0.4) and The Wall (2.2 mil/0.3) each dipped, though the former delivered Monday's biggest audience.

pLjjG0L.png

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
How has this season of Roswell been compared to S2? I enjoyed S1 a ton but S2 was a step down for me.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
So, I burned through the rest of Motherland: Fort Salem. What an awesome show and probably one of the better-paced shows I can recall. Once it hits it's stride maybe 4-5 episodes in, it's just nonstop escalation until the Season 2 finale. It didn't feel like much time was wasted in the 20 episodes that have been released so far.

Also, it's nice to see they are ending the show on their own terms with Season 3. With the strong setup from the Season 2 finale, this suddenly became one of my most anticipated shows for 2022.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Disney is releasing stuff on Monday with The Walking Dead, Tuesday with Only Murders, Wednesday and Friday I really have the feeling it is taking up way more of my time.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Disney is releasing stuff on Monday with The Walking Dead, Tuesday with Only Murders, Wednesday and Friday I really have the feeling it is taking up way more of my time.

Speaking of Disney+, to anyone whom has watched it, how is the new Turner & Hooch?

I still need to watch the Mighty Ducks series and haven't started What If...? yet, either.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I hope Disney+ renews Diary of A Future President. The second season definitely stepped up a notch from the first, loved the queer representation in this.

And honestly I can't take another cancellation of one of these after ODAAT.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
So, I burned through the rest of Motherland: Fort Salem. What an awesome show and probably one of the better-paced shows I can recall. Once it hits it's stride maybe 4-5 episodes in, it's just nonstop escalation until the Season 2 finale. It didn't feel like much time was wasted in the 20 episodes that have been released so far.

Also, it's nice to see they are ending the show on their own terms with Season 3. With the strong setup from the Season 2 finale, this suddenly became one of my most anticipated shows for 2022.

So glad so many people in here are discovering and liking this show! It's so good. I just can't wait for season 3!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hope Disney+ renews Diary of A Future President. The second season definitely stepped up a notch from the first, loved the queer representation in this.

And honestly I can't take another cancellation of one of these after ODAAT.
I've been slowly going through S2 and I completely agree. I just watched E5 and it really feels like it's growing up with the characters.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I've been slowly going through S2 and I completely agree. I just watched E5 and it really feels like it's growing up with the characters.
Yep. It would be a real shame to cancel the show now. They covered a lot of ground in 2 seasons and have left most of the characters in interesting places. It's just a really nice show and it's easy to root for all the characters.

Obviously, a big shout-out to Bobby as I think the actor does an amazing job with showing the confusion and missteps he makes long the way to understanding himself better. I also really like the relationship he has with Elena - they are a good brother/sister combo.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Watched the first episode of Only Murders in the Building yesterday and I'm completely fascinated by it.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
NBC's America's Got Talent drew 6.7 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, ticking up week-to-week and topping Tuesday in both measures. Leading out of that, College Bowl (2.5 mil/0.4) was flat with its freshman finale.

Over on ABC, Bachelor in Paradise (3 mil/0.8) ticked up week-to-week and again tied AGT for the demo win. The Ultimate Surfer (1.3 mil/0.2) was steady.

The CW's Stargirl (640K/0.1) and Supergirl (480K/0.1) each dropped a handful of eyeballs while steady in the demo, though the latter nearly reported its smallest audience ever.

Fox's LEGO Masters (1.4 mil/0.4) was steady, while Fantasy Island (1.4 mil/0.2) hit and ties its lowest numbers yet.

O4rN9sU.png

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Man, they really cancelled all the female led shows in 2020.

Florida Girls gor renewed and then nixed.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
From the Doogie thread.

Episode 1 was a great start. It was bothering me that I couldn't place who the mom was until I looked her up and then felt dumb because it was the teacher from another great D+ show, Big Shot. I thought Ronny Chieng's character would be annoying after the trailer but his best jokes weren't in the trailer and I like him. The only character I don't like so far is the best friend and I hope that changes.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘24’: “Active Creative Discussions” Underway To Bring Back Iconic Drama Series On Fox

Jack Bauer could well return to Fox. There are currently “active creative discussions” about bringing back classic Kiefer Sutherland-fronted terrorism drama series 24 with a new take. Fox Entertainment President Michael Thorn told Deadline that there is “potential” that the show will return in...

deadline.com

‘Fantasy Island’: Fox In Talks Over Season 2 Renewal Of Summer Series

Fox is hot on Fantasy Island. The network is considering a second season of the summer drama series, which is a reboot of the 1977 original. Fox Entertainment President Michael Thorn told Deadline that as its “first real, recent attempt at a cost effective” drama series, the network and...

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
all mike flanagan products go directly into my veins

Me too!!

I don't know if you're aware, but I made a Mike Flanagan OT not long ago where I talked about everything he has ever done (well, except his student movies). Please feel free to go in there and talk about anything related to his work, including the upcoming Midnight Mass :)

www.resetera.com

The Fall of the House of Usher, The Haunting of Hill House, and the Mike Flanagan Cinematic Universe (MFCU) Entertainment - OT

*This tread will cover all TV shows and movies made by Mike Flanagan as well as news about upcoming stuff. I will hide spoilers (and please do the same) either with traditional spoiler tags or hidden like so, Hi! I'm a spoiler, please love me! But there will be open discussions about characters...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘24’: “Active Creative Discussions” Underway To Bring Back Iconic Drama Series On Fox

Jack Bauer could well return to Fox. There are currently “active creative discussions” about bringing back classic Kiefer Sutherland-fronted terrorism drama series 24 with a new take. Fox Entertainment President Michael Thorn told Deadline that there is “potential” that the show will return in...

deadline.com

‘Fantasy Island’: Fox In Talks Over Season 2 Renewal Of Summer Series

Fox is hot on Fantasy Island. The network is considering a second season of the summer drama series, which is a reboot of the 1977 original. Fox Entertainment President Michael Thorn told Deadline that as its “first real, recent attempt at a cost effective” drama series, the network and...
I think they might need to reassess 24 as attitudes have changed towards terrorism in light of current circumstances (unless they change away from the middle east I hope. preferred Jack Ryan going to Venezuela for example)