• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Never watched an episode, but I respect the 11 seasons. I assume it's the long-running series that Showtime has had.

tvline.com

Shameless‘ Final Season Premiere Date Is Set: Get Scoop on Family’s Sendoff

Shameless‘ end will begin on Sunday, Dec. 6, it was announced by Showtime. The dysfunctional family drama resumed production on Season 11 on Sept. 8, following the pandemic-dictated shutdown. The farewell run will mark the show’s second season without leading lady Emmy Rossum as Gallagher...

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Never watched an episode, but I respect the 11 seasons. I assume it's the long-running series that Showtime has had.

tvline.com

Shameless‘ Final Season Premiere Date Is Set: Get Scoop on Family’s Sendoff

Shameless‘ end will begin on Sunday, Dec. 6, it was announced by Showtime. The dysfunctional family drama resumed production on Season 11 on Sept. 8, following the pandemic-dictated shutdown. The farewell run will mark the show’s second season without leading lady Emmy Rossum as Gallagher...
You should watch it, it's great.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
You know what I absolutely love about HBO Max?

No algorithmic bullshit. No hidden content. No smart sorting.

Just, here's a list of stuff, pick a genre, it's sorted alphabetically, watch whatever is on here you think you may enjoy. No stupid AI deciding to hide content from me. No stupid AI to tell me what I'm most likely to watch next. No AI to sort my continue watching or my watchlist so that the movie I added yesterday is somewhere in the middle instead of at the front. Not even an AI that feeds me "new content" that's six months old while hiding the actual new content that released this week.

Man, who knew being dumb could be so much better. I didn't realize this until today, but it's one of the major reasons I just really like using the service.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Oct-13-TUE.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-network-scorecard-10-13-2020.html

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Image broken.

But looks like the Footie won, wonder how things will be next Monday.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Just, here's a list of stuff, pick a genre, it's sorted alphabetically, watch whatever is on here you think you may enjoy. No stupid AI deciding to hide content from me. No stupid AI to tell me what I'm most likely to watch next. No AI to sort my continue watching or my watchlist so that the movie I added yesterday is somewhere in the middle instead of at the front. Not even an AI that feeds me "new content" that's six months old while hiding the actual new content that released this week.

Man, who knew being dumb could be so much better. I didn't realize this until today, but it's one of the major reasons I just really like using the service.

I actually agree. The nice thing to is that their new section (although it doesn't cover EVERYTHING), tells you what is actually "new". The only reason stuff like Netflix "works" for me on occasion, is because their "new" section is junk and not really new at all. So if I don't follow those "what's coming on Netflix?" listings and miss a month, sometimes it'll be a surprise to me to find it pop up in the algorithm, because I sure won't be finding it in the "new" section (of stuff that's like, months old...)

HBO: new means new (although they need to cover more, which is why Just Watch is better with this), actually shows you some big upcoming shows/movies, and lets you know a month ahead of time, which movies will be expiring by the end of the month.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
You should watch it, it's great.
When does it get really bad? I remember people here saying the show gets unrecognizable after a while.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Former ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Staffers Speak Out Over “Predatory” Workplace

A trio of employees go on the record for the first time to detail allegations of racial and sexual misconduct at Vin Di Bona Productions: "They think we’re not going to stand up for ourselves."
If there was one workplace I definitely could not imagine being healthy it is America's Funniest Home Videos.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
From Hulu to BET+

deadline.com

‘Ms. Pat’ Comedy From Brian Grazer & Lee Daniels Gets Series Order At BET+ In Move From Hulu

BET+ has picked up scripted comedy Ms. Pat from the Empire duo of co-creator/executive Lee Daniels and executive producer Brian Grazer with a 10-episode series order

From HBO Max to Paramount+

variety.com

‘Grease’ Spinoff Series Moves From HBO Max to Paramount Plus (EXCLUSIVE)

The "Grease" spinoff series is moving from HBO Max to Paramount Plus and being rebranded as "Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies."

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I watched the second movie with a Brazilian girl and she spoiled the "twist" of it. 😆

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here for it haha. Clyde Phillips is back so I'm optimistic. But even if it is a total trainwreck, I think it'll be one that is enjoyable to watch.
Oh I'm definitely going to be watching it, but fuck... hopefully they scrapped everything they had planned when the show ended.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
From HBO Max to Paramount+

variety.com

‘Grease’ Spinoff Series Moves From HBO Max to Paramount Plus (EXCLUSIVE)

The "Grease" spinoff series is moving from HBO Max to Paramount Plus and being rebranded as "Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies."

Man, Bob Greenblatt probably hasn't even moved his rug out of his old office yet and WarnerMedia have already drop kicked his pet project clean out the door.

Don't blame them at all, this was always an awkward fit for HBO Max and if Paramount think they can actually create a cross platform franchise out of fucking Grease they deserve everything they get.

Bleh.

FUCK NO, LET THIS NIGHTMARE END

There was once a time when people thought that Showtime was actual competition for HBO?

Those days seem so long ago now.

What's their big swing for 2021, HALO?!

Last edited:

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I know the OT is only for cancellations, but "Showtime announces their own Walking Dead show" would work,

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Surprise Motherfucker.

Mock away, but you know we'll all watch this.

Good move by Showtime.

Showtime literally told the showrunner (Scott Buck?) not to kill Dexter off in S8, so they were always planning on bringing the show back at some point. In the age of reboots and revivals, bringing one of their most successful shows back seems like a no brainer.

The question is whether people will have forgiven the show of all its ills after 8 years...

(also, I was just reminded how weird it is that the Weeds revival is set up at Starz and not Showtime)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Showtime literally told the showrunner (Scott Buck?) not to kill Dexter off in S8, so they were always planning on bringing the show back at some point. In the age of reboots and revivals, bringing one of their most successful shows back seems like a no brainer.

The question is whether people will have forgiven the show of all its ills after 8 years...

(also, I was just reminded how weird it is that the Weeds revival is set up at Starz and not Showtime)

I'm 100% sure it will be fine. Especially since it seems this will likely be a reset. Could be great for the series.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

Wait, there is a Weeds revival being planned? That was a show that lasted 4 more years than it should have. Season 1-3 are magnificent though.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another COVID Cancellation:
variety.com

‘The President Is Missing’ Series Not Moving Forward at Showtime Due to COVID-19 (EXCLUSIVE)

Bill Clinton and James Patterson's "The President Is Missing" series is not moving forward at Showtime due to COVID-19.
Bill Clinton and James Patterson's "The President Is Missing" will not be making it to the small screen, at least not at Showtime.

The premium cabler has decided not to move forward with its buzzy pilot which starred David Oyelowo and was based on the book of the same name by Clinton and Patterson, Variety has learned exclusively from Oyelowo's co-star Ann Dowd.

Speaking at a junket for the new Netflix film "Rebecca," Dowd revealed that a combination of COVID-19 and current political events were behind the prospective series' demise. Another source close to the production confirmed that the pandemic played a significant part in the network's decision.

"[Production] stopped midway and then because of the pandemic, the relevance of it, things needed to be changed in the writing because of what happens to the President. It just wouldn't have worked. It would have had to have been re-conceived," Dowd said.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

I just wish they had a section for what's currently playing on their channels. I don't need AI, just inspiration.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Weeds absolutely does not need a sequel. Had I not jumped into the series around season 4 or 5 and had the ability to binge, I would have bailed. Season 8 wasn't bad but I can't forget how awful 4 through 7 was.