• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
deadline.com

‘Dad Stop Embarrassing Me!’ Jamie Foxx Comedy Series Won’t Return For Season 2 On Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has opted not to proceed with a second season of Dad Stop Embarrassing Me!, a father-daughter comedy starring and executive produced by Oscar winner Jamie Foxx. The series, inspired by Foxx’s relationship with his daughter, Corinne Foxx, who produced alongside Alex Avant...

'Netflix stop canceling me!'

Just watched the trailer, but seemed like a waste of Jamie Foxx's talents.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Handmaid's Tale coming up big for Hulu. Have to imagine it is the biggest original series by a decent amount. Still kinda surprising Hulu was the 1st streamer to score an Emmy for Best Drama. The Underground Railroad is the only other non-Netflix show to crack the top 10.

www.indiewire.com

‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Shoots to the Top of Nielsen’s Streaming Ratings

"The Handmaid's Tale," which premiered its fourth season on Hulu earlier in the year, continues to be a major ratings driver for Hulu.

1. The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) – 516 million minutes

2. Who Killed Sara (Netflix) – 500 million minutes

3. Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) – 405 million minutes

4. Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous (Netflix) – 379 million minutes

5. The Upshaws (Netflix) – 357 million minutes

6. Lucifer (Netflix) – 321 million minutes

7. The Underground Railroad (Amazon Prime Video) – 289 million minutes

8. Halston (Netflix) – 211 million minutes

9. Shadow and Bone (Netflix) – 199 million minutes

10. Castlevania (Netflix) – 188 million minutes

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Wait...is manifest actually good?
More of a guilty pleasure. The show always does something unexpected and never follow specific rules, I love it. 2nd half of 3rd season is especially crazy.
Yeah, that is the one Netflix cancelation that actually hit for me :(
Every show cancelled due to covid is just unfair really. I'm more gutted for I'm Not Okay With This though as the show ended on a huge cliffhanger and got an early renewal.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
deadline.com

‘Dad Stop Embarrassing Me!’ Jamie Foxx Comedy Series Won’t Return For Season 2 On Netflix

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has opted not to proceed with a second season of Dad Stop Embarrassing Me!, a father-daughter comedy starring and executive produced by Oscar winner Jamie Foxx. The series, inspired by Foxx’s relationship with his daughter, Corinne Foxx, who produced alongside Alex Avant...
watched ten minutes of this. Wish I hadn't.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix made the right move with Lucifer so I could see them saving Manifest in the hopes that works out as well for them.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Handmaid's Tale coming up big for Hulu. Have to imagine it is the biggest original series by a decent amount. Still kinda surprising Hulu was the 1st streamer to score an Emmy for Best Drama. The Underground Railroad is the only other non-Netflix show to crack the top 10.

www.indiewire.com

‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Shoots to the Top of Nielsen’s Streaming Ratings

"The Handmaid's Tale," which premiered its fourth season on Hulu earlier in the year, continues to be a major ratings driver for Hulu.

Really glad to see Castlevania on the list. Excellent series.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh Netflix in my region added all 5 seasons of Kim's Convinience, I take it that is well worth watching even if it was cancelled?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 20, 2021:

1.) Elite (Seasons 1-4) (Spain) (NEW)
2.) Lupin (Parts 1-2) (United States) (↓ 1)
3.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (United States) (↓ 1)
4.) Record of Ragnarok (Season 1) (Japan) (NEW)
5.) Katla (Season 1) (Iceland) (NEW)
6.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (United States) (↓ 3)
7.) Elite Short Stories: Carla/Samuel (Season 1) (Spain) (NEW)
8.) Workin' Moms (Seasons 1-5) (Canada) (NEW)
9.) Black Summer (Seasons 1-2) (United States) (NEW)
10.) Nuevo Rico Nuevo Pobre (Season 1) (Colombia) (↓ 2)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-06-20/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 20, 2021:

1.) Manifest (Seasons 1-2) (=)
2.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (=)
3.) Black Summer (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
4.) Elite (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
5.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (↓ 1)
6.) Workin' Moms (Seasons 1-5) (NEW)
7.) Record of Ragnarok (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) Lupin (Parts 1-2) (↓ 5)
9.) The World's Most Amazing Vacation Rentals (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) Katla (Season 1) (NEW)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-06-20/

NOTE: Flix Patrol listed "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" at number 9 for the US list, but that's completely incorrect since it's a movie.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, Fox's Bless the Harts ended its two-and-done run with 380,000 total viewers and a 0.1 demo rating, hitting and tying series lows.

Elsewhere on Fox, the recently cancelled The Moodys (560K/0.2) ticked up with its own series finale.

NBC | U.S. Open golf championship coverage led primetime with 7.4 million viewers and a 1.3 demo rating in the 7 o'clock hour. Leading out of that, the latest U.S. Olympic trials did 4.9 mil/1.0 (at 8 pm) and then 3 mil/0.6 (in the 9 pm hour).

ABC | Celebrity Family Feud (5.1 mil/0.7) was steady, The Chase (4 mil/0.6) ticked up and To Tell the Truth (3.1 mil/0.4) dipped.

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (470K/0.1) and Batwoman (450K/0.1) each added a few eyeballs.

2QNZtot.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

NCIS Shocker: Mark Harmon Eyes Very Limited Presence in Season 19

In the wake of Gibbs' 'death' in NCIS' Season 18 finale, sources confirm that Mark Harmon is eying a low profile in Season 19
Multiple sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Harmon is slated to appear in a relatively small number of episodes next season. One insider close to the CBS procedural reveals of Harmon's Season 19 episode count: "It's going to be in the low single digits." Another source says the actor will make only "a few" appearances throughout the season.

A CBS rep declined to comment for this story.

To fill the Harmon-sized hole, CBS is in talks with TV vet Gary Cole to join the cast in a major Season 19 role. (Our sister pub Variety first reported Cole's possible casting.)

SenshiManny

Oct 25, 2017
Mark Harmon leaving is probably the only thing that could cause NCIS to be canceled

That pretty much is the case assuming Hollywood Reporter's sources are correct. Back in April they ran this article which had the following:

Hollywood Reporter "Sources" said:
In February, sources told The Hollywood Reporter that Harmon was ready to move on from the role he originated on the CBS drama JAG back in 2003. Then, the actor and executive producer was informed that CBS would likely end NCIS if he retired from the show. The ultimatum prompted Harmon to enter negotiations to return.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘NCIS’ Renewed for Season 19 With Mark Harmon to Return (Exclusive)

After months of uncertainty, Harmon and CBS have struck a deal to keep the procedural alive — yet key questions remain.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At that point its basically gonna be nearly impossible to keep an actor around. They're gonna be too expensive , too old or too bored. Just end it on good terms rather than let it wither away.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
My sister is going to be bummed about this news :(

deadline.com

‘Manifest’ Canceled By NBC After 3 Seasons

NBC has opted not to renew missing plane drama series Manifest for a fourth season.

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I just started watching season 3…..Me and my sister loved this show! Fuck man…..this is the life of a sci-if/Supernatural fan…..I guess I'll watch then get my canceled blue-balls…hopefully the ending isn't toobad…

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix passed on Manifest and it will not be continuing anywhere

deadline.com

‘Manifest’: Efforts To Find New Home End After Netflix Passes On Canceled NBC Drama

Netflix has opted not to order a fourth season of 'Manifest' following the series' cancellation by NBC after three seasons.

So disappointing. Ending it on a cliffhanger and was really hoping to see the full story.

tvline.com

NCIS Shocker: Mark Harmon Eyes Very Limited Presence in Season 19

In the wake of Gibbs' 'death' in NCIS' Season 18 finale, sources confirm that Mark Harmon is eying a low profile in Season 19

Disappointing, but understandable. He's been doing it a long time and he's old. Although I just thought he would have would have been there until the very end as a series regular. He just made a comment, right before the COVID shortened season, that he hoped the show would go back to a more normal length season next year (this upcoming season). It made it sound like he was eager to get back to his normal workload.

Yes, of course he could have just been hoping for more normal amount of TV episodes in general, but it just seemed like he was speaking for himself, as well.

I certainly hope CBS ends the show this season.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, ABC's The Bachelorette drew 3.3 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating, ticking up in the demo week-to-week and dominating Monday in that measure.

A far better, second installment of The Celebrity Dating Game (2.2 mil/0.5) rose a tenth in the demo.

Over on NBC, the latest coverage of the U.S. Olympic trials delivered Monday's biggest audience (3.8 mil) along with a 0.6 rating. Airing an hour later, American Ninja Warrior (2.8 mil/0.5) was steady.

THE CW | All American (680K/0.2) and Episode 2 of The Republic of Sarah (380K/0.1) each dropped some eyeballs, with the former also dipping in the demo.

FOX | Hell's Kitchen 2.5 mil/0.6) dipped in the demo, while Housebroken (1.1 mil/0.3) and Duncanville (760K/0.2) were steady.

belzWSA.png

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It's been out internationally for a while, but will be coming to the U.S. next month. If you liked WWDITS, you might like this.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
FX on Hulu is one of the dumbest branding decisions I've ever seen. It's literally just for the sake of John Landgraf's vanity

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I JUST watched the movie this weekend, had no idea they were doing a show about it... I wonder if it's a straight remake or if they will make it its own thing? Curious though...

EDIT: ...TIL I learned the movie was a remake of an old show, well, 2 old shows :x https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Island

Yeah, the TV show was before my time as well. I suspect this new version will do its own thing with some possible nods to the original series.