• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, the Emmys are always a mixed bag. Some of the nominees for guest actor, etc are ridiculous and you can tell popular/critical loved shows are able to snag a bunch of noms. Most likely because voters aren't watching everything or just vote for a big name or someone they recognize.

On the positive tip, it was cool to see The Boys and PEN15 land a nomination for series, although they should have gotten something in acting as well.

I didn't expect it, but would have been nice to see something for Search Party or Superstore (especially since it was the last season).

I mean, The Boys absolutely did not deserve a nomination for Season 2. It deserved one for Season 1, perhaps. But Season 2 was only mediocre compared to the first and definitely to some of the shows that weren't nominated at all.

That said, it deserves a nomination in that category way more than The Mandalorian lmao.

At least Ted Lasso got a bunch of nominations, so that's Emmy's redeemed.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
No, I haven't given it a chance yet. I've heard a couple good things so I might give it a try one day.
You should, I still don't believe it's part of the Arrowverse, the other shows look so cheap compared to it and it's much better written. It helps that there are no crossovers, so it feels like its own thing.

This is the Superman the DCEU should have had.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's so much category silliness that I'm not even going to get into conversations about whether or not The Flight Attendant and Cobra Kai are actually "comedies" in any recognizable way (I've already expressed my feeling that Emily in Paris isn't really even a TV show).
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Critic’s Notebook: 2021 Emmy Nominations Offer Pleasant Surprises (and ‘Emily in Paris’ Nominations)

Emmy voters loved 'Lovecraft Country' and 'WandaVision,' found surprising and varied ways to recognize Bo Burnham and, as always, made a complete mess of the guest acting categories on a typically mixed nomination morning.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
You should, I still don't believe it's part of the Arrowverse, the other shows look so cheap compared to it and it's much better written. It helps that there are no crossovers, so it feels like its own thing.

It being not connected actually does make it more appealing. Thanks, I'll DVR an episode or two and check it out

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not sure about that...
An acquisition by Apple really could have positive as well as negative impacts on A24. And since I really like this studio, I'm conflicted.

www.macrumors.com

Apple May Be Interested in Acquiring A24 Film Studio

A24, a film and TV studio that works with Apple, recently explored a possible sale and Apple was one of the interested parties, according to a new...
That sounds like it'd be awful for film fans.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really not sure about that...
An acquisition by Apple really could have positive as well as negative impacts on A24. And since I really like this studio, I'm conflicted.

www.macrumors.com

Apple May Be Interested in Acquiring A24 Film Studio

A24, a film and TV studio that works with Apple, recently explored a possible sale and Apple was one of the interested parties, according to a new...

It'd be bad as there would be one less independent media company but it'd be hard to turn down the financial freedom that being owned by Apple would provide. I imagine A24 would still be free to release films at the theater as well.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One Tiger King is slain:
tvline.com

Nicolas Cage-Led Joe Exotic Series Not Moving Forward at Amazon

The Tiger King phenomenon may be cooling. TVLine has confirmed that Amazon is not moving forward with a scripted series starring Nicolas Cage as the infamous bleach blonde zoo owner. “I think Amazon ultimately felt that it was material that had become past tense because it took so long for it...
TVLine has confirmed that Amazon is not moving forward with a scripted series starring Nicolas Cage as the infamous bleach blonde zoo owner.

"I think Amazon ultimately felt that it was material that had become past tense because it took so long for it come together," Cage told our sister pub Variety. "They felt at one point that it was lightning in a bottle, but that point has since faded into the distance and it's no longer relevant."

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
One Tiger King is slain:
tvline.com

Nicolas Cage-Led Joe Exotic Series Not Moving Forward at Amazon

The Tiger King phenomenon may be cooling. TVLine has confirmed that Amazon is not moving forward with a scripted series starring Nicolas Cage as the infamous bleach blonde zoo owner. “I think Amazon ultimately felt that it was material that had become past tense because it took so long for it...
Thank God. Hopefully the other one gets canned too.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, Fox's coverage of the MLB All-Star Game averaged 6.76 million total viewers (per fast affiliates), down just a tick from the prelim numbers for the 2019 contest (7.1 mil), which went on to report an all-time low audience of 8.1 million in Nielsen finals.

NBC's America's Got Talent (6.77 mil/0.9 demo rating) was steady week-to-week, as was College Bowl (2.4 mil/0.4).

Over on The CW, The Flash (750K/0.2) dropped a handful of eyeballs, while Superman & Lois (850K/0.2) returned rock steady after a three-week break.

CBS' Love Island (1.7 mil/0.3) equaled its second-best audience of the season while steady in the demo.
G3MZtUp.png

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
tvline.com

All in the Family, 227, Maude and More Norman Lear Classics to Stream Exclusively on Amazon Prime, IMDb TV

TV classics like 'All in the Family,' '227' and 'Maude' will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime and IMDb TV — get details.

227 and Diff'rent Strokes will begin streaming on Amazon Prime this Thursday, July 15, with The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son and its short-lived revival Sanford also joining the service later this year. (227 and Diff'rent Strokes were produced by Tandem Productions/Embassy Television, which Lear co-founded.)

All in the Family, Maude, Good Times and the original One Day at a Time, meanwhile, will begin streaming on IMDb TV, Amazon's free ad-supported service, this Thursday as well

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
tvline.com

All in the Family, 227, Maude and More Norman Lear Classics to Stream Exclusively on Amazon Prime, IMDb TV

TV classics like 'All in the Family,' '227' and 'Maude' will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime and IMDb TV — get details.
Dammit, was hoping Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman would finally be streaming somewhere. It is criminal that it and a ton of other great shows are basically locked away for no reason.

The first season finale of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman is one of the best episodes of television ever produced.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
No, I haven't given it a chance yet. I've heard a couple good things so I might give it a try one day.

I don't know what they were going for with that decision. The backdoor pilot seemed kind of interesting to me at least to start. The actual show they came up with was less interesting and I only stayed for a couple episodes. Only bothered to jump back in when it seemed like it was going to be an episode with Barry. Its already gone though so I guess it doesn't matter.
I just assumed they wanted to give that actress a spinoff and repurposed Schooled to do it. Although they had already lost the actress for the sister by the time they did pick it up, so maybe they also had no choice but to reconsider what the show should be.

Oct 25, 2017
Great ending for Mr. Inbetween. As much as I would have loved for the show to continue on, I'm glad to see it end on a high note and at the creator's wishes. I'll really miss the show and will continue to recommend it as often as I can.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

We knew it was coming because it was announced but it's funny you made this post before last night's episode.

Nov 1, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I just assumed they wanted to give that actress a spinoff and repurposed Schooled to do it. Although they had already lost the actress for the sister by the time they did pick it up, so maybe they also had no choice but to reconsider what the show should be.
Oh I didn't know they lost her. Did she move to another project? Yeah that theory does make sense if they wanted to do a spin off with the other character and needed to do a repurpose

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so I saw the backdoor pilot for Schooled... and it's like they dropped nearly all the black people involved there:

www.indiewire.com

‘Schooled’ Review: ‘Goldbergs’ Mediocre Spinoff Is Worse for Whitewashing Its Initial Premise

Tim Meadows was supposed to be the star but now plays second fiddle on ABC’s new comedy.

Were they scared that they broke the retro black show threshold with mixed-ish or something?
IIRC, the show was NOT picked up after the backdoor pilot (Adam Goldberg tweeted this after the pilot aired) and ABC most likely demanded changes for it to be picked up later. Rumor was they wanted a showcase for Lainey, Erica's friend on The Goldbergs.

Oddly, the show itself picked up steam after a few eps and ended up being really good. I miss it, but there was no chance it was getting picked up after the allegations against Bryan Callen came out.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't know they lost her. Did she move to another project? Yeah that theory does make sense if they wanted to do a spin off with the other character and needed to do a repurpose
She got some of that sweet NCIS money afterwards as a recurring character. lol

IIRC, the show was NOT picked up after the backdoor pilot (Adam Goldberg tweeted this after the pilot aired) and ABC most likely demanded changes for it to be picked up later. Rumor was they wanted a showcase for Lainey, Erica's friend on The Goldbergs.

Oddly, the show itself picked up steam after a few eps and ended up being really good. I miss it, but there was no chance it was getting picked up after the allegations against Bryan Callen came out.
The show itself wasn't all that different, except that the 90s references are more in my wheelhouse than 80s references. They did write themselves into a corner with the Barry stuff and trying to juggle that plot point on both shows, but I suppose at least they got to address that before the show ended.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV ratings, ABC's Wednesday-night coverage of the NBA Finals Game 4 easily hit an audience high for this year's championship series, drawing 7.4 million total viewers (per fast affiliate numbers).

CBS' Big Brother (3.5 mil/0.8) took a hit week-to-week opposite ABC's pre-game programming and was down a tick from Sunday, while Love Island (1.7 mil/0.3) was steady for a fourth straight outing.

Over on The CW, Kung Fu (780K/0.1) and In the Dark (410K/0.1) each dropped a handful of eyeballs while steady in the demo.

Fox's MasterChef (2.5 mil/0.6) and Crime Scene Kitchen (1.8 mil/0.4) were both steady.

NmdvwKY.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Law & Order: For The Defense’ Not Moving Forward; New ‘L&O’ Spinoff In Works At NBC

'Law & Order: For the Defense,' which had been slated for a fall 2021 launch with a straight-to-series order, has been scrapped by NBC.

Dick Wolf had partnered with Carol Mendelsohn on Law & Order: For the Defense, which received a straight-to-series order in early May. The project, which took an inside look at a criminal defense firm, had progressed to the casting stage, with offers made to name actors over the past two months.

I hear a decision ultimately was made to not proceed with the show, though NBC, Wolf and Universal Television — the studio behind the Law & Order franchise — are already developing a new series under the Law & Orderbanner. Details still are scarce, but the network and the producers are believed to be moving in another creative direction with an offshoot that is not a legal drama.

NBC similarly gave a straight-to-series order to and then shelved Law & Order: Hate Crimes several years ago. The prospective spinoff had remained in development on the back burner; it is not believed to be the new L&Oseries that is being fast-tracked right now.