• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I liked, but didn't love S1. I do expect S2 to be much better with a more focused story.

E53yLNEVcAEzqhK.jpeg

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to a second season of Cursed but now I hope that Warrior Nun doesn't get cancelled.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
Cursed wasn't great but I liked it and would've watched more of it, guess Netflix isn't interested in moderate viewership shows. Starting to get annoying, I'm going to stop watching those types of shows if they're just going to cancel them after one season.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Was not aware that it was already renewed for a second season. I'll take it!

44caccdaf24480670ffe14f4ca21ce1b7e7cd77c.gifv

Was about to say, Warrior Nun was renewed quite a few months back. Looking forward to a second season.

As for Cursed, I had expected it was going to be canceled, with no word on it this long. Although still a bit disappointing to hear confirmation. Enjoyed the first season.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I was tempted to watched Cursed but I had the feeling Netflix would axe it when it came and went without much fanfare.

Oct 27, 2017
I really disliked Cursed and everything about it ! Story, acting, characters and ....
It was not good at all.

It is better if they focus their resources on much better series like Shadow and Bone which i personally enjoyed so much.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of July 11, 2021:

1.) Sex/Life (Season 1) (United States) (=) (3rd Week)
2.) Virgin River (Seasons 1-3) (United States) (NEW)
3.) Atypical (Seasons 1-4) (United States) (NEW)
4.) Too Hot to Handle (Seasons 1-2) (United States) (↓ 2)
5.) Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness (Season 1) (United States) (NEW)
6.) Elite (Seasons 1-4) (Spain) (↓ 3)
7.) How to Become a Tyrant (Season 1) (United States) (NEW)
8.) The Cook of Castamar (Season 1) (Spain) (NEW)
9.) Lupin (Parts 1-2) (United States) (↓ 5)
10.) Pokémon Journeys: The Series (Parts 1-4) (Japan) (↓ 5)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-07-11/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of July 11, 2021:

1.) Virgin River (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
2.) Manifest (Seasons 1-2) (↓ 1)
3.) Sex/Life (Season 1) (↓ 1)
4.) Atypical (Seasons 1-4) (NEW)
5.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (↓ 1)
6.) Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness (Season 1) (NEW)
7.) Too Hot to Handle (Seasons 1-2) (↓ 4)
8.) How to Become a Tyrant (Season 1) (NEW)
9.) Big Timber (Season 1) (NEW)
10.) The Bureau of Magical Things (Season 1) (↓ 5)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-07-11/

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I don't even know if The White Lotus is about anything, I guess the opening scene hints at something, but I absolutely adore this show. It's fascinating.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know if The White Lotus is about anything, I guess the opening scene hints at something, but I absolutely adore this show. It's fascinating.
I love everything White does and Lotus is no exception. Through the first episode it's shaping up to be one of my favorites but obviously there's a ways to go. Still, what an auspicious start.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, ABC's coverage of the NBA Finals dominated Sunday, though Game 3 — with 6.4 million total viewers with a 1.8 demo rating, per preliminary numbers — looks to be down a bit from Thursday's match-up.

Leading into the hoops contest, Jimmy Kimmel Live did 3.8 mil/0.9, followed by NBA Countdown's 3.5 mil/1.0.

Trailing almost all of the above was this season's first Sunday installment of Big Brother, which did 3.7 mil — up 23 percent from last summer's Sunday opener — and a 0.8. Leading out of that, Love Island (1.33 mil/0.3) was steady in the demo yet posted its smallest audience of the season.

Over on The CW, Legends of Tomorrow (420K/0.1) dropped a handful of eyeballs while steady in the demo. The first two episodes of the UK import Wellington Paranormal did 250K/0.0 and 180K/0.0.

PtDQjmm.png

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I love everything White does and Lotus is no exception. Through the first episode it's shaping up to be one of my favorites but obviously there's a ways to go. Still, what an auspicious start.
Same, I just loved it! Never bet against Mike White~

(dead souls where r u)

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Not even Superman & Lois?
No, I haven't given it a chance yet. I've heard a couple good things so I might give it a try one day.

Okay, so I saw the backdoor pilot for Schooled... and it's like they dropped nearly all the black people involved there:

www.indiewire.com

‘Schooled’ Review: ‘Goldbergs’ Mediocre Spinoff Is Worse for Whitewashing Its Initial Premise

Tim Meadows was supposed to be the star but now plays second fiddle on ABC’s new comedy.

Were they scared that they broke the retro black show threshold with mixed-ish or something?
I don't know what they were going for with that decision. The backdoor pilot seemed kind of interesting to me at least to start. The actual show they came up with was less interesting and I only stayed for a couple episodes. Only bothered to jump back in when it seemed like it was going to be an episode with Barry. Its already gone though so I guess it doesn't matter.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Not familiar with Mike White's work but I did check out episode 1 of the White Lotus due to the discussion on this board. What a bizarre show but I will keep watching, for sure. One of the people I was watching it with said the same thing - she said she hated the show but couldn't stop watching.

The opening scene adds some intrigue, for sure.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Those Emmy nominations provided me with a good laugh today...

Yeah, the Emmys are always a mixed bag. Some of the nominees for guest actor, etc are ridiculous and you can tell popular/critical loved shows are able to snag a bunch of noms. Most likely because voters aren't watching everything or just vote for a big name or someone they recognize.

On the positive tip, it was cool to see The Boys and PEN15 land a nomination for series, although they should have gotten something in acting as well.

I didn't expect it, but would have been nice to see something for Search Party or Superstore (especially since it was the last season).

Jul 4, 2019
I know these are the same people who gave Game of Thrones best drama series wins in each of it's final 4 seasons, but not seeing Small Axe there... is certainly a choice.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, The Republic of Sarah with its fifth episode drew 220,000 total viewers and a 0.0 demo rating, marking series lows.
Opening The CW's night, All American (650K/0.2) was steady.

ABC's The Bachelorette (3.6 mil/0.9) led Monday in both measures, rising from last week to hit and match its second best numbers of the season. Celebrity Dating Game (2.2 mil/0.4) was steady.

Over on Fox, Hell's Kitchen (2.4 mil/0.6) was up a tenth, while Housebroken (940K/0.3) and Duncanville (770K/0.2) were both steady.

NBC's American Ninja Warrior (3.2 mil/0.5) and Small Fortune (1.5 mil/0.3) were steady.

Csm9pFq.png