• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2020-Oct-02-FRI.png

Oct 25, 2017
I so want that but isn't each PotC movie costs like $350m.
They couldn't go as crazy with it but honestly for young Jack you don't really need to.
Its young Jack, you don't need him doing sword fights on a wheel, fighting a creature like Davy Jones or having ship battles in a Maelstrom just yet.

I think if Disney looked at Black Sails with their Mandalorian production in mind then looked at those books for story ideas you could come up with a few cool seasons for D+.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
I so want that but isn't each PotC movie costs like $350m.
Big part of that is also offc the actors, if they had good but unknowns that would help a lot.
Also being for "tv" people understand that production value does not have to be that high.
And with the new tech like Unreal 5 real time like Mandalorian is doing could be doable.

Also wish this very much because PotC is one of my fav Disney things they ever made.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Pirates is only successful because of Depp. No reason to bring it back without him.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda wish we'd just gotten a follow-up to the previous Potc movie, but I wouldn't mind that prequel idea posted above.

I actually liked the last one a decent bit (went back to the more solid formula of the first movie with a lead man and woman character with Jack as kind of a co-lead). That gives the movie a better balance and doesn't get dragged down by too much Jack (an issue with 2+3, and even worse in 4).

The last one also had that great end teaser that I'd love to see continue. :(

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Pirates is confusing. They seem to intend the spinoff with Robbie, another female lead reboot and the guy from the previous movie is still penning his sequel script.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of October 4:

1.) Emily in Paris (Season 1)
2.) Ratched (Season 1)
3.) Schitt's Creek (Seasons 1-6)
4.) Wentworth (Seasons 1-8)
5.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
6.) The Good Place (Seasons 1-4)
7.) The Great British Baking Show (Collections 1-8)
8.) Evil (Season 1)
9.) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Season 1)
10.) Cobra Kai (Seasons 1-2)

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

2.) Ratched (Season 1)
5.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
8.) Evil (Season 1)

Nice, going to check out Evil eventually.

anyone watch Emily in Paris?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying Emily in Paris pretty decently. It's not amazing but it has a fun bingeable quality to it. Also, after a fairly unengaging first two episodes, I felt like Away improved a ton, especially in the back half of the season. I think Friday Night Lights and/or For All Mankind fans would enjoy it even though it's not as good as either of those. It's got a dash of Parenthood (TV show) too, and a sprinkle of Lost-esque flashbacks.

Oct 25, 2017
Pirates is only successful because of Depp. No reason to bring it back without him.
Thats kinda why a prequel would work for a tv series.
Its isn't just throwing Captain Jack out for someone else or a spinoff.

Jack Sparrow has so many tales and history and a huge world to explore without actually needing Depp Directly unless they want him as a narrative device.
Though if the whole situation clears up with him then he should be back in another movie.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Thats kinda why a prequel would work for a tv series.
Its isn't just throwing Captain Jack out for someone else or a spinoff.

Jack Sparrow has so many tales and history and a huge world to explore without actually needing Depp Directly unless they want him as a narrative device.
Though if the whole situation clears up with him then he should be back in another movie.
Situation has long cleared up though. Enough proof that Heard is an awful person who has been lying.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

2.) Ratched (Season 1)
5.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
8.) Evil (Season 1)

They really need a separate adult and kid top ten.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Netflix making it easier and easier to cancel, if they're just going to cancel the few shows I dare to watch, why even bother?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The reasoning on GLOW feels at odds with their renewal of Cobra Kai, but maybe since the cast of Cobra Kai is less likely to have conflicts in their schedule is the difference.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I was starting to get into Teenage Bounty Hunters but now I won't bother.

Sucks that Netflix is the only competent streaming service here. Well maybe besides HBO Nordic who can't even attain the rights to some of HBO Max's content. Like, where's my Raised by Wolves still.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Every week is officially Netflix Cancelation Week!

I like how they keep blaming COVID-19 for the cancelations hoping less people will question why they keep shit canning everything. Honestly it's a smart move by their PR department.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Just cancelled Netflix. For the first time since 2012. I was currently literally only watching Teenage Bounty Hunters on it, don't really want to finish it now.

Maybe I'll sub once ever three months or so and catch up on a couple of shows and then cancel again, let's see.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer about GLOW, but I can sort of understand Netflix's reasoning. There's only one more season at most and who knows when it would possibly be safe to film.