• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
|OT| Good(bye) Girls

|OT| Bad Girls, Bad Girls, What You Gonna Do

|OT| Girls Not Good Enough to be Renewed

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Didn't watch Good Girls or Manifest, but with NBC canceling Debris, WOD, Zoey along with Superstore ending and B99 ending soon they have shed a lot of shows that somewhat had critical buzz for network TV.

Network has definitely fallen down my power rankings.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Didn't watch Good Girls or Manifest, but with NBC canceling Debris, WOD, Zoey along with Superstore ending and B99 ending soon they have shed a lot of shows that somewhat had critical buzz for network TV.

Network has definitely fallen down my power rankings.
Seriously! What is going on there? It's like every few years or so, NBC has some good shows but then cancels them in one season and resets everything.

After Brooklyn Nine-Nine is done in August (out of season), what do they have left that's interesting? Mr. Mayor?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Seriously! What is going on there? It's like every few years or so, NBC has some good shows but then cancels them in one season and resets everything.

After Brooklyn Nine-Nine is done in August (out of season), what do they have left that's interesting? Mr. Mayor?

I personally wasn't feeling Mr. Mayor and think the better Tina Fey adjacent comedy (Girls5eva) went to Peacock. I guess they have one more season of This Is Us for viewers.

La Brea is the kind of genre show I gravitate towards, but not sure the chance of it really succeeding are.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

It's all about L&O and Chicago

Oct 27, 2017
did good girls have somewhat of an ending, or was it a cliff hanger? i've been meaning to watch (lauren lapkus is in the last season, eee!) but i haven't gotten around to it.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

|OT| All the Good Girls Go to Hell

It was a solid run for a pretty repetitive show. I loved the actresses, but look forward to seeing them in new stuff now too. :P

Whelp
K2KOk0I.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we all already knew it was going to be terrible, didn't we?

Reading the original Variety piece, it seems like it's maybe not so scandalous - the second and main showrunner left for personal reasons after living in Budapest for 2 years doing the show and it seems like Killen was just overwhelmed by the scale of it.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I never really understood Killen on that project. I hope he's off making the next Awake or Mind Games. I'd still like to see the remaining produced episodes of Lone Star, too. You never know.

Last edited:

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Why is Showtime hellbent on making HALO?
Funny how the game and tv show suffer the same trouble behind the scene and long delay.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Mr. Mayor got renewed!? Holy shit that show screamed one-season wonder.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yay for the thread title!

Also did not realize Mr. Mayor was renewed. Could have sworn it was cancelled

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Why is Showtime hellbent on making HALO?
Funny how the game and tv show suffer the same trouble behind the scene and long delay.

Yup, the new game should be out before the show, but who knows. I understand the appeal as Showtime didn't have a big genre show that could attract lots of viewers, but now I'm guessing the hope is it will be a big show for Paramount +.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Awake was really unique and excellent. I thought Mind Games was really well written, too, though not high concept like Awake.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Samantha Who? has an interesting list of guest stars. I've seen Todd Grinnell before he became a star in One Day at a Time, the Dean of Community as an amateur artist and even Anthony Anderson pre-black-ish. Just gotta swallow another example of 'Africa as a country' (though they did show Chad).

Edit: Damn, her assistant played Tigress in Stargirl? It's like a complete 180 (though she did show signs of that in one episode).

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Samantha Who? has an interesting list of guest stars. I've seen Todd Grinnell before he became a star in One Day at a Time, the Dean of Community as an amateur artist and even Anthony Anderson pre-black-ish. Just gotta swallow another example of 'Africa as a country' (though they did show Chad).

Edit: Damn, her assistant played Tigress in Stargirl? It's like a complete 180 (though she did show signs of that in one episode).

I don't know if anyone from One Day At a Time can be considered a star, unfortunately.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 27, 2021:

1.) Sex/Life (Season 1) (United States) (NEW)
2.) Elite (Seasons 1-4) (Spain) (↓ 1)
3.) Too Hot to Handle (Seasons 1-2) (United States) (NEW)
4.) Lupin (Parts 1-2) (United States) (↓ 2)
5.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (United States) (↓ 2)
6.) Lucifer (Seasons 1-5) (United States) (=)
7.) Record of Ragnarok (Season 1) (Japan) (↓ 3)
8.) Katla (Season 1) (Iceland) (↓ 3)
9.) Nuevo Rico Nuevo Pobre (Season 1) (Colombia) ( 1)
10.) Rick and Morty (Seasons 1-5) (United States) (NEW)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-06-27/

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of June 27, 2021:

1.) Manifest (Seasons 1-2) (=) (3rd Week)
2.) Sex/Life (Season 1) (NEW)
3.) Too Hot to Handle (Seasons 1-2) (NEW)
4.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-3) (↑ 1)
5.) The World's Most Amazing Vacation Rentals (Season 1) (↑ 4)
6.) Sweet Tooth (Season 1) (↓ 4)
7.) Black Summer (Seasons 1-2) (↓ 4)
8.) This is Pop (Season 1) (NEW)
9.) Workin' Moms (Seasons 1-5) (↓ 3)
10.) Elite (Seasons 1-4) (↓ 6)

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-06-27/

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
My sister is going to be bummed about this news :(

deadline.com

‘Manifest’ Canceled By NBC After 3 Seasons

NBC has opted not to renew missing plane drama series Manifest for a fourth season.

My wife started binging this recently on Netflix and I've checked it out with her…started out interesting with a great premise and then just goes completely and utterly off the rails.

The most ridiculous plot armor I've ever seen, unlikable characters everywhere, and a story that goes all over the place and has no idea what it wants to be.

I was bummed….

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Sweet Tooth is great, but they could've MAYBE closed some plot points by season's end? The Netflix model is not good for cliffhanger season finales.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings from TV Line and TV Series Finale:

TV Line said:
In the latest TV show ratings, NBC's coverage of the latest U.S. Olympics trials averaged a 1.0 rating on Sunday night — peaking with a 1.3 in the 9 o'clock hour, and leading all Sunday fare in the demo.

Over on CBS, 60 Minutes delivered the night's biggest audience, with 6.4 million viewers.

ABC's Celebrity Family Feud (4.2 mil/0.5), The Chase (3.2 mil/0.4) and To Tell the Truth (2.7 mil/0.3) each slipped two tenths in the demo opposite family-friendly Olympics fare.

The CW's Legends of Tomorrow (460K/0.1) added a few eyeballs, while Batwoman's Season 2 finale (400K/0.1) matched its second smallest audience to date.

bXHbYHt.png

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was previously posted that Clarice was going to be 14 eps? After watching ep 13 I was like "well, it looks like things wrapped up here" and looks like that was the season/series finale. Was there an extra episode originally planned, or was it based on previous incorrect information?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
If the reviews turn out to be good, might activate a free trial of AppleTV+ in September when this drops and catch up on some things.

Aug 7, 2019
Aug 7, 2019
disneydejavu.com

[EXCLUSIVE] Sky Katz, Navia Robinson, Jason Maybaum, & Anneliese van der Pol Leaving Raven’s Home (2017) – Not in Season 5

I've received exclusive intel from someone with knowledge of the production of major changes coming. I was really hoping we'd get a Raven's Home renewal but now I understand the phrase "be careful what you wish for."

I feel bad for all those people Disney likely just didn't want to pay what they were owed....

It better be considered a new series cause I might just quit here