• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
"Hollywood needs to shut up about politics, dumb libs! #SAD"

I do think the awards being virtual made things weird plus NE-SEA was a really good game.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao Quibi won't even survive the year at this rate. Boy did it pick the wrong time to launch (not that it would have successful during non-COVID times).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao Quibi won't even survive the year at this rate. Boy did it pick the wrong time to launch (not that it would have successful during non-COVID times).

Surprise, surprise! Yeah, they can blame it on COVID and other elements all they want, but we all called how bad of an idea and out of touch the model was.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Looks like Quibi only lasted for a Quibi.

giphy.gif

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, who besides literally every person on the planet except those involved, could have possibly predicted Quibi's quick demise?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Australian Man to play Florida Man:
deadline.com

Joel Edgerton To Star In & EP ‘Florida Man’ Limited Series Based On Novel For Anonymous Content

An adaptation of Tom Cooper's novel Florida Man is in the works for the small screen.
It centers on Reed Crowe (Edgerton), the eponymous Florida Man. He is a middle-aged beach bum, beleaguered and disenfranchised, living on ill-gotten gains deep in the jungly heart of Florida. When sinkholes start opening on Emerald Island, not only are Reed Crowe's seedy businesses–a moribund motel and a shabby amusement park–endangered, but so are his secrets. Crowe, amateur spelunker, begins uncovering artifacts that change his understanding of the island's history, as well as his understanding of his family's birthright as pioneering homesteaders.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
This just looks to go down a checklist of modern 'peak tv' visual and tonal musts, and on top of that, they're actively trying to ape some of the greatest matte painting ever in film with those bland, soulless digiscapes. I hate it and whoever thought it was worth pursuing.
have never seen the original movie but yeesh

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
deadline.com

Stephen King’s ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Crime Thriller Drama Series Lands At Peacock

Peacock has acquired crime-thriller drama series Mr. Mercedes, from David E. Kelley based on Stephen King's bestselling Bill Hodges trilogy.
Finally it will be possible to watch this.
Dark Crystal canceled

io9.gizmodo.com

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Has Been Canceled by Netflix

The story of Thra on Netflix is over. io9 has exclusively confirmed the streaming service has chosen not to renew The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, meaning the series has come to an end after only one season.
|OT| The Skeksis have won

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Dark Crystal canceled

io9.gizmodo.com

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Has Been Canceled by Netflix

The story of Thra on Netflix is over. io9 has exclusively confirmed the streaming service has chosen not to renew The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, meaning the series has come to an end after only one season.

I'm super sad about this :( The one place where production deserved all of the money Netflix was handing out, but no one watched the show with the weird looking goat people puppets :/

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
This just looks to go down a checklist of modern 'peak tv' visual and tonal musts, and on top of that, they're actively trying to ape some of the greatest matte painting ever in film with those bland, soulless digiscapes. I hate it and whoever thought it was worth pursuing.

oohhhh okay. I didn't watch the trailer so I was like "what does he mean"

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The one thing I don't understand that the Emmy voters do is pile all their votes on a show after it's final season has aired.

Either they're worth the recognition of awards when they're on air for six seasons, or they're not, but to snub others just so you can hand a "long deserved" award to a show eligible for the last time is just so weird to me.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The one thing I don't understand that the Emmy voters do is pile all their votes on a show after it's final season has aired.

Either they're worth the recognition of awards when they're on air for six seasons, or they're not, but to snub others just so you can hand a "long deserved" award to a show eligible for the last time is just so weird to me.
I really don't care who the ultimate winners are, it really is just about the nominees for me.