• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have high hopes for it. Which would suck given the ending. Seemed like it didn't have any buzz and dropped off the weekend after it released.

I didn't think the show was amazing but felt it found itself towards the last few episodes.

Hopefully it does get renewed though.

I really wasn't sure what to make of it in the first episode or two but the leads were so charismatic that I kept on. And, yeah, eventually it felt like the show really found itself (and I started to understand tonally what they were going for) and I was fully invested by the back half of the season.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Teenage Bounty Hunters currently and enjoying it quite a bit. I figured it was a gamble to start it, but it didn't seem like a show that I'd be torn up about if I don't get a proper conclusion in the end. Fingers crossed it gets renewed.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Teenage Bounty Hunters currently and enjoying it quite a bit. I figured it was a gamble to start it, but it didn't seem like a show that I'd be torn up about if I don't get a proper conclusion in the end. Fingers crossed it gets renewed.

One thing I hope works in it's favor is that it certainly doesn't look to be an expensive show to produce.

Also I didn't realize it until I saw here name pop up on screenplay toward the end but Jenji Kohan is an executive producer. Hopefully that helps renewal since she has an overall deal at Netflix.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hope works in it's favor is that it certainly doesn't look to be an expensive show to produce.

Also I didn't realize it until I saw here name pop up on screenplay toward the end but Jenji Kohan is an executive producer. Hopefully that helps renewal since she has an overall deal at Netflix.
Seems like networks have been pretty quick to cancel things lately and even yank renewals, so I'm not going to hold my breath. Who knows though!

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like networks have been pretty quick to cancel things lately and even yank renewals, so I'm not going to hold my breath. Who knows though!

Recently aired shows are probably in better shape. A lot of those other issues happened because production delays played havoc with shows that should already be filming (and in some cases already airing). Shows that premiered in the last couple of months still have a bit more of a grace period before I would be concerned.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

The Hunt For The Next ‘Schitt’s Creek’: Canadian Scheme Identifies TV Series To Help Find Success In U.S.

Schitt’s Creek has become the show to emulate when it comes to Canadian producers looking to find success outside of the Great White North.

Schitt's Creek has become the show to emulate when it comes to Canadian producers looking to find success outside of the Great White North.

Starting as a small comedy on Canadian public broadcaster, it has become a huge hit in the U.S. and around the world after launching on Pop TV and subsequently Netflix and stands a good chance at this weekend's Emmys. It is one of a handful of Canadian shows, along with the likes of Nickelodeon's Paw Patrol, to become as successful as any comedy south of the border.

Now, a government-backed scheme has identified six Canadian producers with projects that they hope to replicate this success.

The Canadian Creative Accelerator, which is backed by the Trade Commissioner Service of the Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles and the Government of Quebec, has highlighted six shows that will receive help and money to break out in the States.

I doubt the material can match her talents, but fingers crossed!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
deadline.com

The Hunt For The Next ‘Schitt’s Creek’: Canadian Scheme Identifies TV Series To Help Find Success In U.S.

Schitt’s Creek has become the show to emulate when it comes to Canadian producers looking to find success outside of the Great White North.

I doubt the material can match her talents, but fingers crossed!

DNhLffC_PxVWcs8ltJI5BMq2F_aFonldI5DnAJM2y9DbJfxNzQ0aYrIzGnpjPqZwjR-VUZzKf2JKaXUUxn-CsL08DjmhGVAJK2Z49Q0hq9NS6M7zQF_lrZC9sw

Oct 27, 2017
Most curious about network ratings for fall and if Roku/Amazon end the beef with Peacock/HBO Max by the end of the year.

Honestly, I think it's just as likely that other streamers jump into the fray than it is we get a quick solution. If they join up they can probably get Roku to cave (Amazon doesn't really count as you can get everything on there, it just isn't in the app store).

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Stranger Things’ Sets Tentative Season 4 Production Restart Date

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix‘s flagship series, Stranger Things, is preparing to go back to production. I hear that the hugely popular drama is targeting Sept. 28 to resume shooting its upcoming fourth season in Georgia. As is the case with any production during the pandemic, the date is tentative and...
EXCLUSIVE: Netflix's flagship series, Stranger Things, is preparing to go back to production. I hear that the hugely popular drama is targeting Sept. 28 to resume shooting its upcoming fourth season in Georgia. As is the case with any production during the pandemic, the date is tentative and subject to change. Netflix declined comment.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
deadline.com

‘Stranger Things’ Sets Tentative Season 4 Production Restart Date

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix‘s flagship series, Stranger Things, is preparing to go back to production. I hear that the hugely popular drama is targeting Sept. 28 to resume shooting its upcoming fourth season in Georgia. As is the case with any production during the pandemic, the date is tentative and...

How is Georgia with COVID? Last I heard things... weren't so good.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Almost forgot this was coming back for a Season 2. Definitely one of my most anticipated shows next month. The 1st season would have made my top 10 list of shows for last year.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Here's the first weekly list of the US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, week of September 20:

10.) The American Barbecue Showdown (Season 1)
9.) Cold Case Files Classic (Season 1)
8.) Get Organized with the Home Edit (Season 1)
7.) The Blacklist (Seasons 1-7)
6.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
5.) Challenger: The Final Flight (Limited Series)
4.) Cobra Kai (Seasons 1-2)
3.) Away (Season 1)
2.) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Season 1)
1.) Ratched (Season 1)

Source: My Netflix Account

Let me know if there's anything I should add, remove, or change for the future.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
When you realize the Emmys are tonight, but Rhea Seehorn didn't get nominated again despite giving one of the best performances on TV.

Kim_Wexler_.gif

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Here's the first weekly list of the US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, week of September 20:

10.) The American Barbecue Showdown (Season 1)
9.) Cold Case Files Classic (Season 1)
8.) Get Organized with the Home Edit (Season 1)
7.) The Blacklist (Seasons 1-7)
6.) Cocomelon (Season 1)
5.) Challenger: The Final Flight (Limited Series)
4.) Cobra Kai (Seasons 1-2)
3.) Away (Season 1)
2.) Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (Season 1)
1.) Ratched (Season 1)

Source: My Netflix Account

Let me know if there's anything I should add, remove, or change for the future.

The first two episodes of Away put me to sleep but I'll keep watching. I'm wondering how long it will stay in the top ten.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable did not get nearly enough noms either. I've not seen a lot of the leading shows this year though so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Man the Emmys... with everything going on in 2020 this just feels so.. out of place? Like.. oh this is still happening?

makes more sense than the oscars tbh, we still had a ton of shows and new shows because of the streaming platforms.

in other random thoughts, I wonder if the dude that plays 5 in Umbrella Academy is really short or theres some sort of camera angles shenanigans going on. Because I checked his age and he's 17 so it's not like he'll grow much more I guess. I was thinking this because of future seasons if he kept growing, before I knew his age lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Black Narcissus" will premiere on FX November 23rd. The network will air all three parts on the same night, and Hulu will have them the next day.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings. The 72nd Emmy Awards aired on ABC with an average rating of 1.0 in the 18-49 demographic, and 5.11 million viewers overall, hitting a really new low from last year's Emmy awards when it aired on Fox (1.6 in the 18-49 demo, 6.9 million viewers):

Fast-Demo-2020-Sep-20-SUN.png