• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Well played by Dimitrov. Karma is a beautiful thing though... Fed fans were already projecting a Fedal final after cheering for Djokovic's retirement.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Roger Federer is the only one of the big three who sometimes plays like someone cursed his racket.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Dimitrov to beat Medvedev and Berrettini to beat Monfils.

Nadal wins US Open 2019 without facing a single player ranked higher than 20.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Dimitrov to beat Medvedev and Berrettini to beat Monfils.

Nadal wins US Open 2019 without facing a single player ranked higher than 20.
I wouldn't rule out Medvedev if he is at 75% it will beenought to beat Dimitrov. Also if Nadal reaches the final it is not his fault others got knocked out

Day 10 Discussion Starts

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
gTUPI4q.gif

Apr 24, 2018
Just flew back from New York last night after flying in to catch the Third and Fourth rounds with one of my two best friends. Wonder if I ever crossed paths with Ron Paul, haha. Some of my personal highlights from the trip:

-Saw most of 4th set of Medvedev-Lopez near courtside at Louis Armstrong after a couple left early and randomly just asked/gave my friend and I their tickets for lower level seating, which was awesome. We got pretty close to Medvedev after the match. We might've had a shot at his signature but we both let all of the children who were trying for an autograph pass us. Apparently, we were on ESPN for a second (a friend of ours saw us).

-My friend and I both got Grigor Dimitrov's autograph after his 3R win on Court 17.

-My friend and I yelled words of encouragement at Alex de Minaur as he left Grandstand after losing to Dimitrov in 4R. He looked pretty despondent and didn't stop walking but nodded in our direction acknowledging us and raised his hand in a quick thumbs up. Completely unexpected.

-My friend and I being seemingly the only two people cheering for Marin Cilic at the Cilic vs Isner match. A lot of people around us told us that they were actually pretty big fans of Cilic even though they'd be rooting for Isner on that day. Had some fun conversations and everyone was respectful of us (as we were of them). We both got signatures from Cilic last year after he spent forever after his match signing for seemingly everyone, despite the fact that the whole stadium was cheering against him. It looked like the exact same thing happened this year.

-Got a botched selfie with Andrey Rublev following his practice. I'm an idiot with taking pictures and had only tried taking a selfie on one or two other occasions. He kindly told me to "flip camera"...end result is a great picture of him with the only visible part of me being an eyeball. He was awesome and stuck around for a long time autographing/taking pictures with fans. My friend managed to get his autograph, but I wasn't prepared (I thought there was no shot he'd stick around as long as he did).

-Got to catch a glimpse of Alexander Zverev and Novak Djokovic following their practices. Also got to see Boris Becker and John McEnroe from very close.

-Getting to see Rafa play Cilic on Ashe in 4R. The penultimate point of the match was unreal and the crowd lost its collective mind. First time getting to see Rafa play in person, even if it was from nosebleed seats.

Last edited:

PoeticProse22

Oct 25, 2017
That was such a great match, even though I would have preferred a different outcome. It's great to see so many younger players proving themselves in this tournament.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
incredible match, but the winner should've won much earlier. Great game tho

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Do they cancel the tournament if there isn't one of the big three in the finals?

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

He was awesome to watch play.

Also weird story from an interview with him long ago...he was asked if he has sex before a match (as in days before a match or during tournaments was the implied question), he took it literally and answered with yes in the locker room but I don't finish because that drains my energy for the match. If I don't finish then I have heaps of adrenaline for the match I'm about to play.

/end of story time with Yannick.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serena is one of the all time greatest American atheletes imo, just incredible to watch her play.

Oct 27, 2017
The best tennis Serena Williams has played in 5 years. She has been completely and utterly dominant this US Open.

The movement, the ROS, the shotmaking off both wings, the serve... my god, it is such a treat to watch the GOAT play tennis in this form.