• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tuta

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got my present from SS today!

Sadly I don't have any pictures at the moment :(. But I really loved the card - lot of care was put into it, and I really liked it. Thank you, tuta ! And the present was really generous as well, made me feel ashamed for what I had got for my TT :x.
I was really afraid it got lost. The tracking link was not working at all and I couldn't follow it, that's why I didn't give you any. But I'm really glad all went well in the end and you got the card ;).

magnificent83

Oct 30, 2017
sersteven thank you so much for the Secret Santa gifts. I'm really grateful. Looking forward to trying out some of the recipes from the cookbook.
YAMjEoU_d.jpg
KBgUXhJ_d.jpg
KmDPMo2_d.jpg

kennah

Nov 11, 2018
Thanks so much fallengorn, you've really hit it out of the park this year.

GfIMyBg.jpg

So much wrapped presents!

BFgDtlI.jpg

Finally, someone sent me programs and ticket stubs, the condition is just fine, and I'm looking forward to reading them all. I work in theatre, so it's a treat to be able to see some other programs.

The minis are awesome, and there are no doubles from ones that I already have. Unfortunately my kids got a little excited and shook the Phase Beast so much that one of the stalks broke, but I should be able to glue it back.

Also pleasant surprise were the artisanal chocolates. My wife works for the award winning chocolatière in our village, so it's a nice treat to experience someone else's work. We're going to share them with her boss.

GkhcqMu.jpg

MFtZFkL.jpg

Thanks again, looking forward to giving everything good use and painting these new figures.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Many thanks to my secret santa (sorry I couldn't post earlier, I was in NYC for the holidays)
Qjfc20V.jpg

That tin of popcorn is incredible.. I can't stand the cheese flavour, but LOVE the caramel. Never heard of the Chicago mix and glad to learn something new :) My friends are American and will gobble up the cheese ones, don't worry :)

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Thanks so much fallengorn, you've really hit it out of the park this year.

GfIMyBg.jpg

So much wrapped presents!

BFgDtlI.jpg

Finally, someone sent me programs and ticket stubs, the condition is just fine, and I'm looking forward to reading them all. I work in theatre, so it's a treat to be able to see some other programs.

The minis are awesome, and there are no doubles from ones that I already have. Unfortunately my kids got a little excited and shook the Phase Beast so much that one of the stalks broke, but I should be able to glue it back.

Also pleasant surprise were the artisanal chocolates. My wife works for the award winning chocolatière in our village, so it's a nice treat to experience someone else's work. We're going to share them with her boss.

GkhcqMu.jpg

MFtZFkL.jpg

Thanks again, looking forward to giving everything good use and painting these new figures.
Awesome. Glad you liked it!

Z3R05UM

Dec 28, 2018
Finally opened my gift, it actually arrived close to a month ago, but I'm a patient person.

5yMoLau.jpg

OLXv8Fu.jpg

0cfrLrf.jpg

Perfect gift! I've been wanting to expand my cooking skills. Sous vide + cast iron skillet is getting quite boring and I need to get in the dutch oven game. Thank you Z3R05UM! Glad your first Resetera Secret Santa is a success!

You're very welcome! Merry Xmas all!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly!

img_20191229_031504czkqf.jpg

This is amazing! Your detective skills knocked it out of the park, SS! Thank you so much, and I hope you're having a wonderful holiday so far!

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
To the people that are still receiving gifts, were you sent tracking information beforehand?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Still no gift received. There has been a rash of package thefts in my neighborhood this season and since the SS didn't send with tracking there's literally no way to know if the gift is still on its way or if it was stolen off my porch because I didn't know I had to be on the lookout for it.

TT has also not posted even though tracking for the outgoing package shows it was delivered before Christmas.

Looking like a big miss for me this year.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for the late update, have been busy around the house! There's one package still in customs, but the other package my Santa sent reached me in time and it's the sequel to The Silver Case!

lICJTF7.jpg

I love it! Thank you so much for the Suda51 goodness, Santa! <3

Nat-Ly

Nov 11, 2018
Seattle
Still no gifts. Haven't heard from my ss or received any tracking information. Still trying to stay hopeful. But it is looking like I might not be receiving anything this year :(

Nov 23, 2017
Still no gifts. Haven't heard from my ss or received any tracking information. Still trying to stay hopeful. But it is looking like I might not be receiving anything this year :(
Have you messaged nic? He will share the master list in a few more weeks, but I'm sure he can pass a message along or ask for tracking information. Not sure if there are any elves this year with a copy of the master.

Stuff happens. I never got a gift last year because it some how got lost in the postal purgatory. I'm just happy that the gift I gave made that person happy.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Add me to the list of no communication from my SS and no gift, nicoga3000

You guys can try the 'send an email' option on elfster as well to try and get in touch with who ever your secret santa is. It will send a message and keep your SS anonymous

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been busy with family so I haven't been able to take pictures of my gifts yet.

I'll try to get pictures taken tomorrow.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Wow a lot of really cool presents (and idea suggestions for the next time!)

Hope the gifts get sorted out for those who didnt receive anything yet

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you fairy empire. Your gift arrived on time, I just wasn't there to open it until today sorry.
I love how thoughtful every gift is. Can't wait to play the board game, I was worried I would need to take a lesson in Italian, but most of it is in English thankfully :P I've heard heaps of good things about it, and will definitely hit you up about other recommendations. The Lara Croft statue is so cool. Looks great lit up on my desk. Haven't come across chocolate covered Oreos before, so looking forward to cracking into those (apparently they taste good frozen!). Spent this afternoon colouring a few pages in the mass effect colouring book while catching up on some giant bomb game of the year podcasts, this is my first colouring book and I think I've found a new hobby, such a relaxing activity!

Thanks again!! :D

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Way late, but picture of the Lucina and Komala plushes in their spots. Also, had to put my dogs on the shelf for the photo, but they stay elsewhere. :p
(Shelves are honestly a mess right now, but they were worse before I cleaned them for this, so... progress!)
(Also also, the tags have just stayed on the dogs because... at this point I think I just like it idk)

KaUCL9V.jpg

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
My SS gifts came fashionably late, just in time for the new year!

Tis actually perfect, as I've been meaning to pick up both an SNES style controller and Vesperia. The snacks look great and I'm looking forward to trying them too! Thanks!

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My SS gifts came fashionably late, just in time for the new year!

Tis actually perfect, as I've been meaning to pick up both an SNES style controller and Vesperia. The snacks look great and I'm looking forward to trying them too! Thanks!

Glad it still arrived. I was really worried it would be lost with me messing up the tracking.

Oct 25, 2017
I participated in both exchanges this year, and was able to get my hands on the package Jo-awn sent, so I opened everything today!

Full International:

Jo-awn you madman, what an amazing bunch of gifts! I am so touched by your thoughtfulness. I can't wait to read the manga/graphic novels you sent (regarding Junji Ito, I've only read The Enigma of Amigara Fault) as well as the Star Wars book! I love the art you made of the critters (Dean decided to pose with your gifts) and the card is beautiful! I love the mugs, too! Also, I have a feeling everyone will love the yo-yo. :) Thank you so, so much!! Happy New Year to you and your family!

US Only:

There was no username in the note, so thank you, anonymous Santa, for the Art of Destiny book! I can't wait to look through it. Thank you!!

Le-mo

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry for the late post. I just wanted to say I love the gifts that my SS got me. Thank you so much Julia!!! Aka. everything shiny. I'll post pictures within the week.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I participated in both exchanges this year, and was able to get my hands on the package Jo-awn sent, so I opened everything today!

Full International:

Jo-awn you madman, what an amazing bunch of gifts! I am so touched by your thoughtfulness. I can't wait to read the manga/graphic novels you sent (regarding Junji Ito, I've only read The Enigma of Amigara Fault) as well as the Star Wars book! I love the art you made of the critters (Dean decided to pose with your gifts) and the card is beautiful! I love the mugs, too! Also, I have a feeling everyone will love the yo-yo. :) Thank you so, so much!! Happy New Year to you and your family!

US Only:

There was no username in the note, so thank you, anonymous Santa, for the Art of Destiny book! I can't wait to look through it. Thank you!!

Hahaha, for some reason, even though I signed up for full international for 2 years in a row, I got someone in the US. 😅 But yeah, it's my pleasure! I'm so glad you enjoyed the gifts. A lot of thought went into getting you two Junji Ito books on opposite sides of thematic coins and doing art of the pets. The Adventures of Yon and Mu was a no-brainer as I'm sure you'd be able to relate to the joys of living with pets.

On the other side of that, you have Frankenstein which is straight up Junji Ito doing what he does best. As for Scales and Scoundrels, I interviewed the creators for an article I wrote about 2 years ago and it was one of my favorite interviews I did. I fell in love with the series from the get-go and I hope you do too which is a shame because the series went on hiatus.

If anything, I'm so glad the mugs made it in one piece since that was my biggest concern. The Nintendo NY mug stood out to me as it was something unique to NYC. As you can see, I had to get creative and use crumpled up Priority Mail envelopes and a box to reinforce it. I work a bunch of conventions/events so the yoyo, lanyard, PAX Unplugged lanyard, Penny Arcade mug, and the Anime NYC 2019 Crew shirt are a small taste of that world (and boy do I have a TON of swag accrued in my bedroom from 9 years of working events).

Then there was the card and art which was time consuming but it's the one thing I take great pleasure in doing every year for my TT. While I was in Philadelphia for PAX Unplugged, I stopped by a Dick Blick to get some watetcolor cards since I knew I wanted to make a card and I paint with watercolors.

It seems like your other SS and I thought alike since I initially thought about getting you the Art of Horizon: Zero Dawn art book before it morphed into comic books. Please feel free to pop into the monthly Comics-Era thread to share your impressions on any of the aforementioned manga/graphic novel or any recommendations. Infidel is a damn good horror comic I can easily recommend and I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre.

Anyway, I'm sure my mom will get a kick out of showing her a picture of the gifts with one of your cats. :) All the best in the new year to you and your boyfriend!

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My gift is still in customs purgatory but I'm sure it'll find its way home :)

It was so close to arriving just before Christmas too lol. I assume it's the weird Christmas break holding it up, I'll keep an eye on it and if it still hasn't arrived in a week I'll see what I can do on my end!!

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Oh my heavens, thank you kennah (and family).
The drawings are particularly wonderful, we certainly indulged in the hot chocolate for New Years (it and a bitta Bailey's is our New Years tradition).

Back to work tomorrow so I will put the coffee and my hand grinder to work 🤘

Had my girlfriend attempt to read some of the tourism docs (I did Spanish, she did French), thank you so much!!!

The Shovel Knight book joins my side table of growing books but it will likely skip forward.

Sorry about the Agents of Shield spoilers! 🙈

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mP4nMwrXdQ6uYNGZ7

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you fairy empire. Your gift arrived on time, I just wasn't there to open it until today sorry.
I love how thoughtful every gift is. Can't wait to play the board game, I was worried I would need to take a lesson in Italian, but most of it is in English thankfully :P I've heard heaps of good things about it, and will definitely hit you up about other recommendations. The Lara Croft statue is so cool. Looks great lit up on my desk. Haven't come across chocolate covered Oreos before, so looking forward to cracking into those (apparently they taste good frozen!). Spent this afternoon colouring a few pages in the mass effect colouring book while catching up on some giant bomb game of the year podcasts, this is my first colouring book and I think I've found a new hobby, such a relaxing activity!

Thanks again!! :D

Happy you're enjoying them all! Carcassonne is such a brilliant game, this version of it is an easy starting point to understand the logic of the puzzle-like expansion of the field. And yeah, colouring is great fun, one would think that once you get past a certain age it holds no fascination but it's still cool. Happy Christmas mate and a Happy New Year :)

Nyrad

Oct 27, 2017
Still looking forward to my Secret Santa gifts, im in contact with my SS and got tracking so no problem. Seems like my TT already got his and likes it :)

Oct 25, 2017
A beautiful gigantic box of goodies arrived for me today!
First off, bravo on the wrapping, mine always look like shit and these were pristine!
And then the unwrapping was even better!

What a great haul this year
3 new books that I haven't heard of before that I'm excited to get into (From Here to Eternity looks particularly interesting)
A cookbook by one of my all time favorites, Fuschia Dunlop, that I don't have.
A new spatula and wok! (someone did some grade A stalking)
And a rice cooker to replace my recently busted one (was going to perform some amateur wiring but now I don't have to endanger myself!) and some cooking oil!
Oh and a beautiful beer that we immediately fridged and are going to enjoy later (custom brew maybe?!) and will return with thoughts

Eye for an Eye you did great and the fiance and I are going enjoy all these alot!

Nov 23, 2017
Glad you enjoyed the box.

The beer is from a local place called The Dust Bowl, and the beer is called Wang Chi. I thought it was very fitting.
The Jeanette Walls book and The Strangers are two books from my personal collection that I wanted to share. The author of From Here to Eternity has a great youtube channel and videos from her book tours that are just so much fun to watch.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed the box.

The beer is from a local place called The Dust Bowl, and the beer is called Wang Chi. I thought it was very fitting.
The Jeanette Walls book and The Strangers are two books from my personal collection that I wanted to share. The author of From Here to Eternity has a great youtube channel and videos from her book tours that are just so much fun to watch.
I'll check them out! Thanks again for everything

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the late post. I just wanted to say I love the gifts that my SS got me. Thank you so much Julia!!! Aka. everything shiny. I'll post pictures within the week.
You're so welcome! I hope the One Punch Man figure made it okay, the box was a little squished when it arrived. :) Happy New Year!

Hahaha, for some reason, even though I signed up for full international for 2 years in a row, I got someone in the US. 😅 But yeah, it's my pleasure! I'm so glad you enjoyed the gifts. A lot of thought went into getting you two Junji Ito books on opposite sides of thematic coins and doing art of the pets. The Adventures of Yon and Mu was a no-brainer as I'm sure you'd be able to relate to the joys of living with pets.

On the other side of that, you have Frankenstein which is straight up Junji Ito doing what he does best. As for Scales and Scoundrels, I interviewed the creators for an article I wrote about 2 years ago and it was one of my favorite interviews I did. I fell in love with the series from the get-go and I hope you do too which is a shame because the series went on hiatus.

If anything, I'm so glad the mugs made it in one piece since that was my biggest concern. The Nintendo NY mug stood out to me as it was something unique to NYC. As you can see, I had to get creative and use crumpled up Priority Mail envelopes and a box to reinforce it. I work a bunch of conventions/events so the yoyo, lanyard, PAX Unplugged lanyard, Penny Arcade mug, and the Anime NYC 2019 Crew shirt are a small taste of that world (and boy do I have a TON of swag accrued in my bedroom from 9 years of working events).

Then there was the card and art which was time consuming but it's the one thing I take great pleasure in doing every year for my TT. While I was in Philadelphia for PAX Unplugged, I stopped by a Dick Blick to get some watetcolor cards since I knew I wanted to make a card and I paint with watercolors.

It seems like your other SS and I thought alike since I initially thought about getting you the Art of Horizon: Zero Dawn art book before it morphed into comic books. Please feel free to pop into the monthly Comics-Era thread to share your impressions on any of the aforementioned manga/graphic novel or any recommendations. Infidel is a damn good horror comic I can easily recommend and I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre.

Anyway, I'm sure my mom will get a kick out of showing her a picture of the gifts with one of your cats. :) All the best in the new year to you and your boyfriend!

Hah, well, for the past two years, I've had to ship internationally but both of my Santas were from the US 😂 Elfster's definitely not perfect but I don't mind!

I can't wait to dig into the books/graphic novels! It may be a little bit since I've got some books I need to read from the library. I'll have to pop into Comic Era as I'd definitely love some horror comic recs! I'll have to pick up Infidel. Thanks again!!

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived today! It's been a journey watching it roam the globe on the tracking, that was a good bit of fun in itself!

Rc9L84Mx_o.jpg

Card had a lovely note enclosed that I really appreciated! I've no idea what the small chocs are but they look a bit like small Reese's so I'm guessing similar!

Thanks SS!

Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived today! It's been a journey watching it roam the globe on the tracking, that was a good bit of fun in itself!

Rc9L84Mx_o.jpg

Card had a lovely note enclosed that I really appreciated! I've no idea what the small chocs are but they look a bit like small Reese's so I'm guessing similar!

Thanks SS!
Trader Joe's peanut butter cups!
I'm glad it finally arrived, so sorry it took so long. I figured it might be a bit late but the post was particularly slow this year.

Enjoy and have a great new year!

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I forget about this, this thread gets bumped again and then I remember I never received a gift lol. FML

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I know my TT received my gift he posted in here before Christmas he received it but hasn't said anything about it since. Hope they liked it.
Of course I did!
My apologies for the incredibly late response, I was out of town for Christmas and forgot to bring my DSLR, then as soon as I got back in town I immediately jumped into a move out of my apartment right at the start of January.
I didn't want to take pictures of the gifts without my good camera, and then everything got put away for a while in the jumble.
Sorry for the terrible lighting and setting on these, I had to take them in my closet in a halfway-packed moving state ahahah

So my Secret Santa was Imthefunmachine!
I didn't open the outer shipping box before Christmas because I was unsure if the contents inside were wrapped or not.
As I said in a previous post, I heard something rattling around inside so I didn't want to spoil any potential surprises.

When I opened the box, everything inside was covered with brown paper. When I moved the paper aside, this is what I saw looking back at me:
d304tn6.png

I almost died right on the spot, ahahahahaha

I pulled the figure out of the box, extremely confused.

Next, I noticed a folded-up piece of cloth, which turned out to be...
eRds3GM.png

A ResetEra shirt!
This is actually the back of the shirt, and it has my name on the front.
M9SAqpa.png

Where the heck did you get this from???? I want to get more ResetEra merchandise, ahaha

Next to that was a Blu-Ray copy of Ugly Dolls
wC0QjB7.png

which had me really confused, until I later read the postcard that was in the box.
Apparently this is a heist move, which is one of my favorite movie genres.
I see someone did some digging and found my post in that other topic! ;)
I'll definitely give it a watch.

Under all of that, I noticed this:
tKIKP6d.png

A complete-in-box copy of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Hooooooooooooly crap!

I don't even know what to say!
This gift is way above and beyond!
You definitely found something that I didn't already have in my collection, ahahah!
I've never played the Lunar series before so I'll have to get a copy of the first game before I can give this a try, but it's definitely on my to-play list.
In the meantime, I've placed it in my display case for all to see.

The figurine now makes sense, given the previous context:
36r4FRl.png

I'll have to find a place to display it as well.

Also included in the box were a postcard, a pack of Oreos, and some candy.

You really went all out!
Thank you, Secret Santa!