• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fedex box under my tree is tempting me..........................is this how tom hanks felt?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My gift probably won't make it in time for Christmas since it was delayed reaching me due to snowstorms in my area, but it will be shipped by Friday.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Shout out to SlasherMcGirk for the wicked present!

Mimic.jpg

I love this thing, especially the hot-glue puddles that form the drool. Here he is tucked among my other desk flair at the office.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but both this and the card you sent kind of got lost in the shuffle of the torrent of packages that are always arriving at my house and I didn't even know it was there. I appreciate the code in the card, but it doesn't seem to want to work at Hero Forge 😦

I don't suppose you still have it handy to compare against what's in the card?

Glad you like it, i thought it was really cool too. Kinda jealous. That sucks about the code. I'll post you my confirmation email when i get home. I have never heard of hero forge and as a fellow dnd player i am very interested in it. Also big thanks as one of your wish list items The Mysterious Package company was the perfect gift for my out of state brother. I never heard of it but i know he will be super excited. So thank you and happy holiday dude.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard of hero forge and as a fellow dnd player i am very interested in it.

I have a 3d printer, and I've been printing out Heroforge models for myself and for my players, and they've all turned out really well! Everyone has usually been able to make a pretty good approximation of their characters no matter how unique.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
162, just for shipping? Holy balls.
Europe -> Canada last year was like 25€

does your TT live on the moon?! 😅

Canada post fucking sucks man :(

Last year it cost 80 dollars just to ship to New York. This year my TT is off continent so I knew it was gonna be bad but didn't realize it would be that bad. They actually originally quoted me 80 dollars if my package was under 2kg but because it was 200 grams over shipping suddenly doubled. I had the option of sending it by ship for 100 bucks but I would get no tracking info and it would take several months to get there. Wasnt about to do that to my TT so had to go with the 162.

It's a real bummer because if shipping here continues to be this brutal I don't know if I'll be able to participate next year. Either that or send everything through amazon I guess but I always like to send local things as well :/

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Santa, I've opened the first part of my gift - thank you so much for the book and Australian food! There's so much! I've never been to Australia so most of this is new to me. All I've tried so far is the vegemite, which is absolutely lovely!

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is one of my favourite plays, but I've never actually read the book so I'm looking forward to that as well!

reseteragift-australi3sk7g.jpg

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Guy - you're the MVP.
I'm sure whoever might end up your TT next year won't mind you opting for digital gifts or ones that are shipped to their place directly.
you paid more in shipping this year than some will have paid for their actual gifts over the last 3 years

kennah

Nov 11, 2018
Canada post fucking sucks man :(

Last year it cost 80 dollars just to ship to New York. This year my TT is off continent so I knew it was gonna be bad but didn't realize it would be that bad. They actually originally quoted me 80 dollars if my package was under 2kg but because it was 200 grams over shipping suddenly doubled. I had the option of sending it by ship for 100 bucks but I would get no tracking info and it would take several months to get there. Wasnt about to do that to my TT so had to go with the 162.

It's a real bummer because if shipping here continues to be this brutal I don't know if I'll be able to participate next year. Either that or send everything through amazon I guess but I always like to send local things as well :/
Canada terrible shipping costs fam. This might be my last year too :(

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Wow. Yeah 160 is crazy man. I opted for full international so I knew it could get quite high. Ended up shipping within EU so it was relatively Cheap.
But I can imagine having to pay that much kinda takes the fun out if it....

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive said it before, but I think a screenshot of a receipt should be enough for the international pool. Tracking is double the price. If people aren't willing to take the risk maybe make two international pools, one for tracking and a cheaper one without it. I don't mind paying the tracking, but I'd hate to know how much it cost my Secret Santa to post to me

Still haven't heard from my TT yet, but hopefully they got it as it said it was delivered... Also my fault for forgetting to PM our esteemed organize though I did use Elfster for the tracking info.

Hope to hear from my TT soon though...

magnificent83

Oct 30, 2017
Since I'm always international, I have to come up with creative ways to make sure I minimize shipping costs without losing tracking. Last year, I lucked out and got a great deal on shipping via Fedex. Got my stuff to my Tiny Tim before Christmas for under $100.
I'm finalizing my shipping plans and hopefully my Tiny TIm will get his gifts by Tuesday just in time for Christmas.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that adding tracking is such an upcharge for many of y'all. Crazy how the various postal services work.

Nice to see package arriving at people's places already. Pics Pics Pics! 📷

My Secret Santa is kinda ghost (of christmas past!) ing me ...
Hmmmm, i wonder if it's because i kinda dunked on Anime in my 'wish list'.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Ok. So I had a quick peek at the box, and found a wonderful Card and more.

Will 'unwrap' it at a later time but For now at least this!
xJDl4jm.jpg

Oapxvdc.jpg

Have to prep stuff for kids' school xmas dinner first :)

Last edited:

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
My TT's gifts are in the mail!

I haven't had any word as far as tracking from my SS but I kept mine intentionally hidden from my TT so I can't complain.
The surprise makes it fun!

Oct 27, 2017
Just got shipping info and it's coming tomorrow. Either my guy splurged on shipping or he lives very close to me.

I will find you.

Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Got my amazing gift from secret Santa. Thank you so much it was perfect. And the perlas that were homemade touched me really much. I cant wait till my gift gets delivered.

gets delivered.
79478512_10158489286586988_9089058019982966784_o.jpg

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my amazing gift from secret Santa. Thank you so much it was perfect. And the perlas that were homemade touched me really much. I cant wait till my gift gets delivered.

gets delivered.
79478512_10158489286586988_9089058019982966784_o.jpg
Good to see everything arrived safely. The box scared me with the glass/ceramic being in it and bulging it a smidge, and I feared the cornbread box (I really should have looked harder for a better box rofl) would collapse in onto the beads. Basically, I overthink how things can go wrong lol.

Hope you get to enjoy a great game with the cards, and glad you liked the gifts! I have to ask though, have you tried the jelly? I know it's an "off" gift, so don't feel bad if you haven't/don't want to/don't like the taste. :p

Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Good to see everything arrived safely. The box scared me with the glass/ceramic being in it and bulging it a smidge, and I feared the cornbread box (I really should have looked harder for a better box rofl) would collapse in onto the beads. Basically, I overthink how things can go wrong lol.

Hope you get to enjoy a great game with the cards, and glad you liked the gifts! I have to ask though, have you tried the jelly? I know it's an "off" gift, so don't feel bad if you haven't/don't want to/don't like the taste. :p

The Jelly was perfect I love flavors like that. I was convinced you had some how talked to my wife and she told you what to get me. That was how perfect the gifts you got me were. I was even happy when I pulled the box out and saw the cornbread stuffing mix I love that stuff.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Phew. My gifts for my TT have just been ordered and shipped. Hope you like them, TT.

I haven't received any notice or package from my SS either, but I get it, it's hectic this time of year. I may not have provided a ton of info on my lists. If you haven't sent them yet or are still hung up, just PM me, or have someone PM me.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Its madness, im shocked that only 4 of us signed up for EU only. Maybe next year it will be a bigger pool.

Hmmm, i always sign up for full international and have been matched with Canada, US, UK, and NL and shipping prices were never that bad.
If i know i have to ship transatlantic, i make sure to purchase stuff way ahead of time so i don't need to pay for expedited shipping.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I'm reading these shipping costs and I feel for y'all. I went to deliver my TT's gifts at FedEx since USPS was already closed by that time and I was quoted $100+ and that's for 7 day+. Waited til next day and sent it out USPS for $23 and some change the kicker was that it's getting there much faster with signature!
How does this work for tracking info? Do I just pm my TT?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading these shipping costs and I feel for y'all. I went to deliver my TT's gifts at FedEx since USPS was already closed by that time and I was quoted $100+ and that's for 7 day+. Waited til next day and sent it out USPS for $23 and some change the kicker was that it's getting there much faster with signature!
How does this work for tracking info? Do I just pm my TT?

I also spent 63 Euros on shipping myself. I expected about as much, still a bummer that in order to send a relatively small package I need to spend almost as much as the gift itself costs sometimes. You'd think that in this day and age the costs wouldn't be so high.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
My shipping costs weren't too big ($30-ish for 500g) but, out mail system is the absolute -worst- for tracking and it's basically useless. I'm so eager for the parcel to arrive to the TT because I put a lot of work into them but heaven forbid they actually do tracking good so I actually know where it is.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Jelly was perfect I love flavors like that. I was convinced you had some how talked to my wife and she told you what to get me. That was how perfect the gifts you got me were. I was even happy when I pulled the box out and saw the cornbread stuffing mix I love that stuff.
Awesome — That was the biggest iffy part. I dug through all of your posts one evening, and saw nothing that spoke against it, but aside from a Taco Bell mention, nothing that spoke for spicy foods.

Maybe next time I partake in a SS I'll just leave the actual product in the "trick wrap" along with the gifts haha.

Merry Christmas to you and your wife/family, and I hope y'all have a great New Year!

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Got confirmation from my SS that stuff is coming, but no tracking :x. Hopefully it will arrive sooner or later!