• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, people, signup ends tomorrow! - we're gonna bump this thread a bit throughout the day, if that's alright.

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
Current Occupation: Telecommunications
What is your favorite color? Dark green/olive.
What size shirt do you wear? Women's small
What gaming consoles do you have? Xbox One and PS4
Do you have any hobbies or collect things? I've been trying to get woodworking, but it's a slow process, especially now that it's so cold out.
Sports Team: N/A I'm not a sports person
Food allergies? No allergies, but I am vegan
Are you OK with digital goods? Yeah
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers? Sure
Are you OK with NSFW goods? Sure
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: I'm super picky about anime, but I love FLCL, Attack on Titan, and Cowboy Bebop
Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? Nothing I can think of!
Favorite Games/Genre/Series: I love horror games (Outlast, Resident Evil, Blair Witch, etc.) and simulation games (Sims 4, My Time At Portia, etc.).
Favorite Music: Punk/Emo/Grunge holds a special place in my heart.

Extra Info: I'm so bad at wishlists. I'd be over the moon for anything, and I'm mostly just excited for giving gifts. My husband and I did buy a house this year, and after 11 months, our walls are still bare with no decorations, so farmhouse-y/rustic stuff would be cool as well. We also have three cats, a senior pup, and a sheep. I know I don't post a whole lot, so if you have any questions, message me on Elfster.

I'm so excited! Let's get giving!

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Might as well do one of these too:

Current Occupation: Manufacturing Assistant at a Pharmaceutical Company

Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods? Send me a PM if you want

Do you have a Steam profile? https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012096027

What is your favorite color? Orange

What size shirt do you wear? Medium to Large

What gaming consoles do you have? PC is my main platform but I also have a PS4, a 3DS, a Wii U and various other retro consoles (SNES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, GBA, Wii). I'm hoping to pick up a Switch soon as well.

Do you have any hobbies or collect things? I collect games and make the occasional Let's Play on youtube. I'm also a huge Spiderman fan and collect the comics when I can. Also a bit of a history buff so any book or documentary on a certain event or period of time is a good choice too. I've also recently debated getting back into Warhammer (painting and collecting) so if you wanna be a truly evil person and tempt me even further by getting me some stuff that would be ok too haha.

Sports Teams: My teams are the Toronto Raptors, the Green Bay Packers and the Colorado Avalanche.

Food allergies? None.

Are you OK with digital goods? Always prefer physical but digital is fine as well.

Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers?
Yes.

Are you OK with NSFW goods? If it's tasteful sure. Keep in mind though I'm probably gonna be opening your gift up in front of family so if it's something that would cause a lot of eyebrows to raise you may want to rethink it haha.

Favourite Anime/Manga Series: Not a huge anime fan although I do like Pokemon and Attack on Titan

Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? Nope. Have at it :)

Favourite Games/Genre/Series: I'm a big fighting game fan (specifically Street Fighter) but like pretty much everything else as well. I've included both my Steam and Amazon wishlists with lots of games on them to help you out.

Favorite Music: Favorite would probably be classic rock but I'm also a fan of metal, classical, synth-wave and occasionally listen to pretty much everything else except for country. Big fan of game soundtracks as well.

Extra Info: I'll be excited with anything I get really so don't worry too much. I'm in the international pool as well so I would love something from your local area too!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Finally made my Elfster wishlist... which is just a link to an Amazon wishlist. It's a selection of random stuff, any of which I would be thrilled to receive. In the event that I get a billionaire as my SS, I also threw in one absurdly expensive item. Don't be cheap now, Elon!

Of course, if you're like me and like to figure out what to get yourself, here's some help:

I'm into video games and useless memorabilia! Some of my favorite series are Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic (and Sega games in general), Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and PaRappa the Rapper. I also like Lupin III, which is not a video game but I thought I would put it here anyway.

Plushes are my favorite type of merch, especially obscure or older ones, so if you really wanna go all out your best bet is probably digging through eBay or random import sites for something cool. I have exactly zero plushes from anything Sega related, so there's a starting point for you.

That said, it's totally fine if you have no clue about any of this stuff and just wanna pick from the list. I made it for a reason!

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Current Occupation: System Administrator
Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods? PM me on Elfster or here and I will send it.
Do you have a Steam profile? I do, but my PC is way out of date to use it.
Sports Team: Seattle Seahawks, Denver Nuggets, Seattle Supersonics, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, Seattle Mariners
What is your favorite color? Red
What size shirt do you wear? XL
What gaming consoles do you have? PS4, Switch, Vita, 360
Do you have any hobbies or collect things? I'm big into horror and geek memorabilia, and yes I have a wall full of Funko Pop figures. I would like to start collecting vinyl records again.
Food allergies? Peanuts, cherries, and watermelon
Are you OK with digital goods? Yes.
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers? Yes.
Are you OK with NSFW goods? No.
Favourite Anime/Manga Series: Cowboy Bebop
Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? No alcohol please as I don't drink.
Favourite Games/Genre/Series: Games: Persona 4 Golden, Saints Row 4, GTA Vice City, Super Metroid, NBA 2K11, Silent Hill 1, 2, & 3, Alien Isolation, Bayonetta 1 & 2. Genre: Survival horror and action-adventure. Series: I am a big fan of Persona, Nier, Saints Row, and Silent Hill.
Favorite Music: I really like Synthwave, movie soundtracks, game soundtracks (Silent Hill, Nier, Hotline Miami, and Persona are among my favorites), R&B/Neo-Soul, and my mainstream musical tastes pretty much include anything from the 70s to the mid 2000s.
Extra Info: My other interests include graphic novels and comic books, cooking, exercise, geek/gaming apparel, and home improvement.

If you need anymore details or ideas, please send me a PM.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
oof already seeing people banned here :E don´t kill your accounts before SSanta!
giphy.gif

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in participating :-). How does it work logistically for european to attend? Never tried these.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in participating :-). How does it work logistically for european to attend? Never tried these.
Fairly straightforward, there's an EU only pool where you only have to ship to fellow EU'ers or a full international pool if you're willing to ship abroad, but this does not guarantee you a SS that is international.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada

There's 3 pools this year, one for US only, one for EU only and one that's full international. You sign up for the one you want. So if you only want to deal with sending gifts withing Europe you would sign up for the EU only group. If you wanna send and receive gifts from outside europe though sign up for full international.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go full international.

But where do I able tracking and write the wish list? I have never used Elfster before, and I'm kinda lost.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could join, but with my country's shitty customs rules, I'd probably pay a fortune in taxes.

Hopefully next year I will be in a better financial situation and I can participate regardless. Have fun!

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's why we have Elfster, so people can still ostensibly update that.
I don't think we've dealt with a situation in my years doing it where the ban was for something super duper egregious.
Well I'm going to use it as motivation to people in this thread. If you end up banned here, you were obviously doing something you shouldn't be.

This is my warning to anybody who might be my TT. If you get banned, I am sending you coal. All $25 worth of it. Santa says be good.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Current Occupation: Writer
Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods? PM me if needed.
Do you have a Steam profile? Yes but I'm not really playing on PC these days.
What is your favorite color? Teal blue AND orangish red. Have fun with that combo!
What size shirt do you wear? Men's medium or large, large for height but medium for fit.
What gaming consoles do you have? Xbox One, PS4, PSVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, Nintendo Switch and 3DS.
Do you have any hobbies or collect things? I collect blu-rays and video games.
Food allergies? None.
Are you OK with digital goods? Digital goods are fine but physical stuff is preferred if possible. Love unwrapping stuff!
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers? Yes.
Are you OK with NSFW goods? Uh, welp, uh, sure?
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: Not really into anime, Pokèmon aside.
Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? Funko Pops or lewd anime stuff, lol.
Favorite Games/Genre/Series: Resident Evil, Halo, Silent Hill, Call of Duty, Devil May Cry, Wolfenstein, DOOM and Mortal Kombat are the big ones!
Favorite Music: Alternative pop-rock (Walk The Moon, Smallpools, etc) and Pop (Carly Rae Jepsen, Lady Gaga, Poppy, etc.)
Extra Info: I'm really big into horror as evidenced by my wishlist consisting of a lot of horror films and books. Thanks Santa!

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to participate this year, but I'm in.

Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods? Preferably not.
Do you have a Steam profile? I do. If you need it, feel free to ask.
What is your favorite color? Indigo, blue, charcoal grey.
What size shirt do you wear? Unisex large as things tend to shrink a bit after a few washes.
What gaming consoles do you have? All current gens & PC.
Do you have any hobbies or collect things? Movies, art, games, mugs, cool display pieces...etc.
Food allergies? None.
Are you OK with digital goods? Physical stuff is preferred if possible, but whatever works best for you.
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers? Yep!
Are you OK with NSFW goods? Preferably not.
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: FLCL, Evangelion, anything by Makoto Shinkai.
Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? Ideally not funkos. I'm also trying to cut down on sweets, so I'd prefer not any candy.
Favorite Games/Genre/Series: Big on RPGs first and foremost. Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Halo, Guild Wars, Persona, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid and Nier are some of my favorite franchises. I am a *huge* Final Fantasy nerd.
Favorite Music: I like most things besides country music.
Extra Info: Feel free to contact me on elfster (I think you can do that?) if you have any questions... Thank you!! :D

Last edited:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I've got my sign up in, I'll update with a wishlist later today, day's a little busy!

Until then I'll post this!

Hidden content

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm going to use it as motivation to people in this thread. If you end up banned here, you were obviously doing something you shouldn't be.

This is my warning to anybody who might be my TT. If you get banned, I am sending you coal. All $25 worth of it. Santa says be good.
Joke's on you: coal was on their wish list

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Current Occupation: Game Dev student/Software Developer intern
Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods? Yeah, I can give it through PM
What is your favorite color? Red
What size shirt do you wear? Medium
What gaming consoles do you have? PS4 and PC
Do you have any hobbies or collect things? I've been getting into cycling over the past few years, and I've just started a small anime and games figure collection. I'm also starting to get back into doing gave dev work and learning how to do some light composing.
Sports Team: Tennessee Titans and LSU football
Food allergies? No
Are you OK with digital goods? I prefer physical goods, but I can take digital ones too
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers? Yeah
Are you OK with NSFW goods? Sure
Favorite Anime/Manga Series: My favorite anime include Utena, Psycho-Pass, Code Geass, Ping Pong, but I already own them on bluray. I'm trying to collect a bunch of Ghibli films since I still have not seen that many. For manga, One Piece and Berserk are the two series I'm actively collecting. For One Piece, I have up to volume 75, and 4 for Berserk. Also, here's my MyAnimeList page for reference on everything I've watched: MAL Page
Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? I'm not too big on joke gifts. Also DVDs if a bluray option exists.
Favorite Games/Genre/Series: I'm super big on Ace Combat (already played 7), Castlevania, Persona, Sonic, Metal Gear, Mega Man, Nier, various horror series like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, and of course many of the Nintendo franchises. Want to get into Halo through the Master Chief Collection. You can also take a look at my steam account for reference: Steam Profile
Favorite Music: Power Metal, Eurobeat, Progressive rock, 80s pop/hi-NRG/Italo Disco. My tastes definitely lean a lot older (pre 2000), also anime and game OSTs. My favorite band would probably be Nightwish.

Extra Info: I plan on also making an Amazon wishlist and posting it somewhere at some point. I also recommend taking advantage of Black friday weekend sales at Rightstuf and Sentai Filmworks' respective sites for anime blurays and merch.

Last edited:

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
Here's mine as a starter, I will update it a bit more at some point!

Current Occupation: IT Service Management
Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods? PM me!
Do you have a Steam profile? https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970580162
What is your favorite color? Light blue, like in my avatar
What size shirt do you wear? Medium
What gaming consoles do you have? PC, Index, PS4
Do you have any hobbies or collect things? I play a lot of board games (I recently got the game Dixit, which has a lot of expansions and one of those would be cool) and tabletop roleplaying campaigns, and collect Magic: The Gathering & vinyl. I also play guitar, and I like writing.
Food allergies? None
Are you OK with digital goods? I'd rather have physical as that's more fun
Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers? Yes
Are you OK with NSFW goods? Yes.
Favourite Anime/Manga Series: I'm not a fan. Does The House in Fata Morgana count?
Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive? Nothing comes to mind!
Favourite Games/Genre/Series: Favourite games: Skyrim VR, World of Warcraft, Planescape: Torment. Love a good RPG.
Favorite Music: Iron Maiden are my favourite band, I love rock, blues, and game soundtracks.
Extra Info: I like esoteric trinkets and ornaments, I enjoy whisky. If I get someone from another country, it would be nice to have a gift that was particular to that place, but I understand that can be tough!

nny

Oct 25, 2017
This is always so much fun! Signing up!

This will be my 13th year in a row :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Info for my SS
Current Occupation: Data Analytics and Pricing

Do you have an email address that you'd like to provide your Secret Santa with for digital goods?
PM me if needed

Do you have a Steam profile?
No

What is your favorite color?
Black, blue, green, pink and all the shades in between

What size shirt do you wear?
If it's slim fit, Large. Regular fit, medium

What gaming consoles do you have?
PS4 and Switch

Do you have any hobbies or collect things?
I read comics, books, play a lot of tennis. I follow the NBA pretty closely, favorite team is the mavs but I love collecting random knick-nacs and T shirts from all teams. For example I found some old Dream Team action figures and I love them.
Also love fancy posters from like Mondo or Gallery1988 and pop-art prints. Stuff from guys like James Jean and Olly Moss as well.
Love to travel and read travel books as well, just went to the Netherlands last year and fell in love with the place.

Food allergies?
None

Are you OK with digital goods?
Yes

Are you OK receiving items from Amazon, eBay, or other online retailers?
Yes

Are you OK with NSFW goods?

Yes

Favourite Anime/Manga Series:
Don't really do anime/manga but am into comics, if you check my Amazon wish list you can see what I'm into.

Is there anything you absolutely do NOT want to receive?
Can't think of anything

Favourite Games/Genre/Series:
This year, I probably played God of War, Dead Cells, and Stardew Valley the most. With RDR2 and Mario Odyssey coming in right behind those. Historically my favorite series are the older Final Fantasies, Persona's 3-5, Mass Effect (RIP) and Metal Gear Solid

Favorite Music:
Grew up in the 00's alt rock / pop punk scene. Right now love CHVRCHES, Charly Bliss, Illenium, Panic at the Disco, Walk the Moon, AJR, Bastille, K. Flay, Logic. Kinda all over the board. Probably my favorite all time band is U2 though.

Extra Info:
Some of the best stuff I ever got was local things from my SS's country. Whether it be candies or snacks, or little knick nacs like a snow-globe one year, Kentucky bourbon and chips to even some museum brochures. It's fun for me to experience different cultures through little daily life things like this. Handmade stuff is also great

Amazon Wishlist

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I like to make it interesting for my SS, and I hope they do too. I don't like the idea of wishlists for things like this, because you might as well just buy your own shit and not bother with any kind of secret santa. I'm from England and I live in Minnesota, I wear a medium/large T shirt and I love all sorts of americana shit. I don't really want any video games, because I buy what I want. Last year a guy from Nebraska sent me a load of Nebraskan stuff and i LOVED it, it felt so personal..stuff I would never buy for myself, so that's what I'm all about.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Here's some info for my Santa:

Hidden content