• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know about you all but 2019 is already bringing the heat and I haven't felt this way in some time.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes has had 2 DJs composing the soundtrack and it goes places. My favourite track is this Japanese rap beat with some good ass low bass. No More Heroes had nothing to prove in that department, but the studio definitely made the right choice bringing new blood. "Welcome to Hell" feels like Yamaoka with some good ass vocals slapped to it, which is logical considering where this theme plays.

Ace Combat DEFINITELY has nothing to prove, but it still managed to surpass my expectations. The heavy use of leitmotif is very good and really manages to weave the missions together alongside a common theme in a way that never happened so cleanly before in the series. The theme of "Archange", your nemesis' theme in the game, is especially good for this considering it depicts an internal struggle of "old" vs "new", of the revengeful legend vs the young champion. The way it builds upon the music by slowly adding layers and layers everytime Mister X appears is excellent to create an anticipation to the catharsis of the full, unfettered clash that happens between them. Special mention to the drums & synth happening after the climax of the song

Tekken 7 is an old game at this point but the new update releasing yesterday gave us new tracks that are peak Tekken and shows how Namco has multi-talented composers that manages to remain somewhat current. I especially love this track because of its emotional tone while still having some real energy to it that fits the fighting (Tekken always had the best "emotional" tracks imo, especially Tekken 4). Gonna be honest, Bamco low-key has the best band of composers in the industry for more than two decades now and the company is criminally under-appreciated for its contribution to video game music as a whole

I'm sure there are many more. Apex Legends low-key has great music especially in the take-off (which is something that makes it tremendously more exciting than the music-less take-off of Fortnite and PUBG), KH3 must have great tunes but haven't listened to it, Wargroove, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, maybe even the new Onimusha music.

What do you think ? Do you agree ?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
KH3 soundtrack is better than pretty much everything from 2018 for me. Apex Legends dropping track is also stupidly hype. So far so good.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fire emblem and pokemon are 2 franchises with some of my favorite game soundtracks. So, this year will be an absolute blast. Shoutout to Sekiro too, which I can already tell will have a killer soundtrack.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn i should buy no more heroes

edit: Does this soundtrack have an official release I need it

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
The game might be a disappointment, but the soundtrack is phenomenal imo.

By Sarah Schachner, same composer as 2017's AC Origins (also a highly under-appreciated OST).

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
KH3 has some of Yoko Shimomura at her very best, i won't post to much cause of spoilers but man it is an amazing sound track

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Devotion comes back soon so people can experience its short but incredible soundtrack:

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's only going to get better from here with Sekiro and Devil May Cry 5 set to release this month.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Haven't played many 2019 games yet, but the music of Anthem is really good.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
AC7 soundtrack absolutely blew me away.
It may be one of my top OSTs ever.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting nothing less than SOTY material from Japanese Breakfast doing the music for Sable.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I listened to all of them and they're all great soundtrack, can't believe I missed Pikuniku !

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017

Stood as long as I could on the final level to hear this one through, what a track!

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Another year, another Civ 6 expansion, another stellar soundtrack from Geoff Knorr and co.

Last edited: