• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
LMAOOOO imagine engaging with someone trying to sell you on " South America isn't very good, Copa America is meh". On a better note Dani a GOAT

Daniel being so classy and also being 36 years old is quite something. We really suffered without him last year WC. Nothing less expected from the player who won most trophies.

Oct 31, 2017
LMAOOOO imagine engaging with someone trying to sell you on " South America isn't very good, Copa America is meh". On a better note Dani a GOAT

South American teams have nothing on European teams, at least not in the past 30 years. That's just a fact man, whether you like it or not. I don't even like European teams, but it is what it is.

I still enjoyed watching the game today for what it was.

That copa americas don't count? That's not a fact. That's your garbage opinion

That Europe has dominated world soccer for the past 30 years or so.

If you agree with that, then you must agree that a tournament without European teams is second tier.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
ESPN fails lol.

2019-07-02-22-36-17.jpg

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck sake, internet connection has been garbage nationwide since the England v US game earlier that I've missed everything. Happy at least it sounds like Alisson and Firmino are still putting in performances.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Not the best showing from Brazil, team still lacks a lot of creativity in the front and movement. Even though we made it to the finals, it's clear we need Neymar.

Oct 25, 2017
Not the best showing from Brazil, team still lacks a lot of creativity in the front and movement. Even though we made it to the finals, it's clear we need Neymar.
I"m feeling our players aren't on their best. Lack of Filipe Luis was hurtful to Everton side. Also the team was shaking on defense. Quite a poor showing. I have to say tough that Coutinho has been a positive surprise this America Cup.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So if Ronaldo doesn't have a convulsion before the game or Higuain doesn't miss that wide open shot against Germany now all of sudden South America is good and Copa America is worth something?

Lmao, you have no idea the fuck you're talking about, so do us a favor and to stop watching since this tournament doesn't mean anything anyway.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I"m feeling our players aren't on their best. Lack of Filipe Luis was hurtful to Everton side. Also the team was shaking on defense. Quite a poor showing. I have to say tough that Coutinho has been a positive surprise this America Cup.

If anything the lack of Filipe Luis helped Everton, since Alex Sandro is much better offensively. What actually happened was Sandro being forced to stay back due to Dani Alves constantly overlapping and rushing ahead. It would be suicidal to have both backs in the attack leaving only Casemiro, T. Silva and Marquinhos to defend.

Everton should have left the the sideline more or took Firmino's position as he normally enjoys to drop back to create.

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling and thread derailment over multiple posts; antagonizing other members with off-topic comparisons
So if Ronaldo doesn't have a convulsion before the game or Higuain doesn't miss that wide open shot against Germany now all of sudden South America is good and Copa America is worth something?

Lmao, you have no idea the fuck you're talking about, so do us a favor and to stop watching since this tournament doesn't mean anything anyway.

Lol using "ifs". Denial is not a river in Africa buddy.

You may not want to accept it, but Europe has been dominating soccer for the past few decades. And if we are just talking about the past 12 years or so, then even more domination. 4/4 champions, 7/8 finalists, and 13/16 semifinalists have been from Europe. Keep fighting the good fight though.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Argentina will ever beat Brazil in a competition again sadly. But congrats Brazil. Hopefully either Brazil or Peru wins it. Sorry Chile, you've won too many times already.

Also it seems Argentina might be the unluckiest country in the world, always on the verge of glory only for everything to collapse on them. What a cruel fate.

Last edited:

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
South American teams have nothing on European teams, at least not in the past 30 years. That's just a fact man, whether you like it or not. I don't even like European teams, but it is what it is.

I still enjoyed watching the game today for what it was.

That Europe has dominated world soccer for the past 30 years or so.

If you agree with that, then you must agree that a tournament without European teams is second tier.
What a load of garbage.

In the last 30 years we had in FIFA official competitions (World Cup and Confederations Cup):

7 titles for CONMEBOL
1 title for CONCACAF
10 titles for UEFA

That's hardly a UEFA domination, considering they have half of the spots (at the World Cup) and the money.

Brazil is winning most of titles in the last 30 years, along with France and Germany to have won 2 World Cups in this period. You have to combine UEFA countries to build a case of European superiority. Just compare each country individually and you'll see that the country who dominates football historically isn't European.

Marcus Fenix

Banned
May 22, 2018
Lol using "ifs". Denial is not a river in Africa buddy.

You may not want to accept it, but Europe has been dominating soccer for the past few decades. And if we are just talking about the past 12 years or so, then even more domination. 4/4 champions, 7/8 finalists, and 13/16 semifinalists have been from Europe. Keep fighting the good fight though.

dude, do you realize that in South America only four teams and a half qualify for the world cup?

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ignore the troll people, for pete's sake. Guy was trolling the Women's World Cup thread, then it got heated and he went to troll somewhere else, a.k.a here.

EDIT: And just like VAR, justice eventually arrived.

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this was Argentinas best game of the tournament, and even tho they lost 2-0, that game could've gone either way.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
And Messi won gold at the olympic games. I guess that counts for something even though it doesn't.

No one counts Olympic gold in the tally of international trophies. It's effectively (or at least was) a U23+3 tournament that many countries didn't even really focus on. It's the same reason no one one really cares if you've won a FIFA U20 WC or the UEFA equivalent.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I thought the Suarez shit was gonna be the peak...
True haha

------

Peru vs Chile. Unsure who'll take this one. Chile in theory is stronger, but so was Uruguay and Peru still managed to hold a tie (lucky for them there's VAR in this Copa) and go through on the penalties.

In either case neither team seems capable enough to beat Brazil in the final. Feels like it's their final to lose at this point in time, though finals are always special matches. Chile was also the underdog in the other two Copa America finals...

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Probably best for Messi to call it a day with the NT for good, this time. He will just have to cherish that gold medal.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
How hard is to simply say that Brasil has been much better than most America countries since 2016? Argentina has no coach, Uruguay is getting old. Colombia, Chile, etc shake when reaching the important matches.

I don't think Brazil have been much better than other countries to be honest. Brazil have certainly improved a lot since 2014's World Cup, but I wouldn't say they are on a much better situation than other Southamerican teams.

In this Cup, Brazil have mostly faced teams that are usually considered "weaker" compared to other teams in Southamerica and still didn't quite look like the Brazil we all grew up watching (Argentina being the exception). Draws against Venezuela and Paraguay and wins over Perú and Argentina.

Last night's match game was interesting because during the first 20 minutes of the match, we saw a great Brazil team, but then it could have gone either way to be honest, because Argentina started to perform much better than Brazil until the second goal happened. The ref was awful for both sides and it showed.

I do agree that football in Southamerica is going through a process of renewal though and Brazil are the ones who started this process. So, from that point of view, I also think that Brazil are doing much better than other teams.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
Brazil imo is straight up the best team in the World since Tite fixed Dunga's disgrace.

I think Tite's run is really being underrated. Moreso when Brazil doesn't have the individual players they had in the past with the exception of Neymar.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Argentina literally crying today? The AFA sent a bunch of critics to conmebol, some of are really bad(others are true critics), and Messi said Brasil control everything. To add more, Basile said Argentina lost to the worst Brasil in 20 years........ Did he not watched Brasil 2007? That team was awful and still won against Argentina in 2007 America Cup.
Brazil imo is straight up the best team in the World since Tite fixed Dunga's disgrace.

I think Tite's run is really being underrated. Moreso when Brazil doesn't have the individual players they had in the past with the exception of Neymar.
We're far from the best team in the world. Brazil 2017/18 was much playing much better than in this year.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina has not had a quality striker since Batistuta. That is their primary issue. They don't have that player outside of Messi but as we have seen now for over a decade, Messi isn't a goal scoring machine with Argentina when he has to rely on people like Tevez and Higuain.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina has not had a quality striker since Batistuta. That is their primary issue. They don't have that player outside of Messi but as we have seen now for over a decade, Messi isn't a goal scoring machine with Argentina when he has to rely on people like Tevez and Higuain.
Tevez-Boca-Juniors-589305.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000415172408-e1536162185103.jpg

kun-aguero-atacante-da-argentina-comemora-gol-sobre-o-qatar-1561329378535_v2_1920x1265.jpg

all been world class or at least very close to it at one point in their careers. Messi might not have had a super team, but he lost to worse squads all the time.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Crespo
Milito
Saviola
Palermo
And now Icardi

Creating prolific strikers isn't Argentina primary problem

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
See people complaining about Argentina's striker situation while Brazil had to get by with Fred, Luis Fabiano, Vagner Love and Jô really strikes a nerve.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Tevez-Boca-Juniors-589305.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000415172408-e1536162185103.jpg

kun-aguero-atacante-da-argentina-comemora-gol-sobre-o-qatar-1561329378535_v2_1920x1265.jpg

all been world class or at least very close to it at one point in their careers. Messi might not have had a super team, but he lost to worse squads all the time.

I don't give two shits about club. I am Italian and Christian Vieri was world class from club play for awhile but it was better to have Pippo or Del Piero up front over Vieri. Argentina has not been able to have success with Messi despite what I think is good play because the people up front have not really been there and been dominant. Look at Aguero, Batistuta has produced way more goals than him on the national level in fewer games and he didn't play with Messi.

Maybe I am too much of a Batistuta fan boy.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Man, all this talk about strikers made me realize how much I miss Adriano. I grew up watching him play for Inter and Brazil and he was amazing.