• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm just gonna do my shopping at Best Buy this year for simplicity's sake. I went over the ad last night and plucked out the titles I was interested in, and I'm gonna knock a few out for various reasons.

This is my starting list:
Rocket League - $20
Killer Queen Black - $20
Enter the Gungeon - $20
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - $25
Diablo 3 - $25
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - $25
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - $20
Mario Tennis Aces - $40
Octopath Traveler - $40
The Witcher 3 - $45
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid - $45

To start with, as much as I hate to do it, I'm gonna have to knock out the Activision/Blizzard titles because of their recent political standings. I waited years to play Diablo 3 and then they have to go and show their ass literal weeks before the best price the game has ever been. Shit sucks. That knocks out Diablo 3, CTR, and Spyro.

Next up is Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, and The Witcher 3. The biggest reason for omitting these is that I'm not crazy about paying over $30 for any videogame if I can avoid it, unless it's a must-have or some sort of "low print run" situation. I don't see any of these three ever getting hard to come by, and may even drop further in the future, namely The Witcher 3. As much as I'd like to play The Witcher 3, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to experience it. I wasn't crazy about Mario Tennis when they did the free preview a few months back, so I'm probably best off renting that at some point to get my fill, and finally Octopath is probably great but I have something like a dozen RPGs left to finish so I'll probably wait for this one to drop a bit more as well.

Rocket League - $20
Killer Queen Black - $20
Enter the Gungeon - $20

I think this is probably gonna be my final lineup. Killer Queen Black, Enter the Gungenon, and Yooka-Laylee all look great and are no-brainers at $20. I've never played Rocket League but I always said if it got down to a decent price I'd give it a whirl. And as for Power Rangers...while I'm not really much of a fighting game fan or even a Power Rangers fan these days there's something about Limited Run Games' releases that are collectible. I figure even if I don't like that one I can easily resell it down the road.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Next up is Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, and The Witcher 3. The biggest reason for omitting these is that I'm not crazy about paying over $30 for any videogame if I can avoid it, unless it's a must-have or some sort of "low print run" situation. I don't see any of these three ever getting hard to come by, and may even drop further in the future, namely The Witcher 3. As much as I'd like to play The Witcher 3, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to experience it. I wasn't crazy about Mario Tennis when they did the free preview a few months back, so I'm probably best off renting that at some point to get my fill, and finally Octopath is probably great but I have something like a dozen RPGs left to finish so I'll probably wait for this one to drop a bit more as well.

If you're fine with going digital, The Witcher 3 Complete is often $20 or less. The last two times it was on sale (July and August) it was $15 on PSN, and that's not even with any PS+ discounts. It's also $32 ($27/5 + $4.5) on Amazon from a third party seller. You shouldn't have a hard time getting it at or below $30. Use PSPrices.com (linked earlier) if you need to look up digital pricing.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
If you're fine with going digital, The Witcher 3 Complete is often $20 or less. The last two times it was on sale (July and August) it was $15 on PSN, and that's not even with any PS+ discounts. It's also $32 ($27/5 + $4.5) on Amazon from a third party seller. You shouldn't have a hard time getting it at or below $30. Use PSPrices.com (linked earlier) if you need to look up digital pricing.

Ah, perhaps I should have clarified, all of the games in my post are Switch releases.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I need a $200 PS4 VR but i really don't want to wait in line at Target.

Edit. Is the Best Buy deals in the OP online?

Just a FYI, although the amount of games you get are great for the $199.99 deal for PSVR, it doesn't include the move controllers which a lot of games support. I don't know how much you care about that, but just letting you know!

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Just a FYI, although the amount of games you get are great for the $199.99 deal for PSVR, it doesn't include the move controllers which a lot of games support. I don't know how much you care about that, but just letting you know!

Yes, I kind of knew there would be a catch for such a great package but I'll get the move controllers later.

I just don't want to go stand in line for the bundle. I hope Target does theirs online

Oct 27, 2017
If they were planning on undercutting everyone else I'd understand, but the sales don't work like that so what the hell

I think given that they are a gaming-focused store, they probably rely on whatever they can make week to week. As in, if they said Sekiro was going to be $25 on Black Friday at the beginning of the month, then a lot less people are going to buy Sekiro from them until then, and that's an issue among that and many other games that would get similar treatment.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I'm just gonna do my shopping at Best Buy this year for simplicity's sake. I went over the ad last night and plucked out the titles I was interested in, and I'm gonna knock a few out for various reasons.

This is my starting list:
Rocket League - $20
Killer Queen Black - $20
Enter the Gungeon - $20
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - $25
Diablo 3 - $25
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - $25
Mario Tennis Aces - $40
Octopath Traveler - $40
The Witcher 3 - $45

To start with, as much as I hate to do it, I'm gonna have to knock out the Activision/Blizzard titles because of their recent political standings. I waited years to play Diablo 3 and then they have to go and show their ass literal weeks before the best price the game has ever been. Shit sucks. That knocks out Diablo 3, CTR, and Spyro.

Rocket League - $20
Killer Queen Black - $20
Enter the Gungeon - $20

I think this is probably gonna be my final lineup. Killer Queen Black, Enter the Gungenon, and Yooka-Laylee all look great and are no-brainers at $20. I've never played Rocket League but I always said if it got down to a decent price I'd give it a whirl. And as for Power Rangers...while I'm not really much of a fighting game fan or even a Power Rangers fan these days there's something about Limited Run Games' releases that are collectible. I figure even if I don't like that one I can easily resell it down the road.

I think rocket league is $9.99 somewhere during these next 2 weeks.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think there isn't any point in waiting for the black friday to buy a switch? I don't even think it'll get a discount during christmas, I'm wondering if I should buy my switch this weekend and avoid the black friday madness lol

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think there isn't any point in waiting for the black friday to buy a switch? I don't even think it'll get a discount during christmas, I'm wondering if I should buy my switch this weekend and avoid the black friday madness lol

There are a couple slight discounts on Switch systems now known. It depends on which model you're looking for too.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

This is a solid deal on the new model(not confirmed yet) that I would definitely wait for.

The case and eshop credit being included are nice, but those Mario Joycons look amazing in person.

Last edited:

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this or not.

A friend of mine is looking to (mostly) build out. New PC. Asked me if Black Friday/cyber Monday had any hardware deals? I honestly don't know. Are higher end parts ever cheaper during the holidays?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

A friend of mine is looking to (mostly) build out. New PC. Asked me if Black Friday/cyber Monday had any hardware deals? I honestly don't know. Are higher end parts ever cheaper during the holidays?

I know there's a few PCs on sale right now on Best Buy but most of the prebuilts there have something low like an i3 making it basically not worth investing into from what people said earlier when I asked around. Along with that, you can check out some of the Alienware sales which is super high end prices. Your friend might be better off custom building one for cheap I think and seeing if they can get parts for cheap during Black Friday?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, both pre-built gaming PCs and individual parts have good discounts at this time of year.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
If you're looking to get a PS4 pro, Walmart has it right now in store for $299 with Call of Duty Modern warfare included.
Source from SD plus I just went in myself and picked one up.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ended up getting SC6 off xbl because it was 20 bucks. I regret it and this game solidified 3D fighting games aren't for me especially after tekken 7. Still hoping for Skullgirls on switch or river city girls on Xbox. 30 isn't too steep but if they could get some money knocked off itd guarantee my purchase.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Been waiting on them sweet Black Friday deals but that US eShop promo is a huge nothingburger lmao.

Nov 14, 2017
Target:
Control - $25
Resident Evil 2 - $15

PSN:
The Outer Worlds - $44.99

I still want Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Call of Duty Modern Warfare but I might leave those behind for now. I missed out on FE for $35.99 a few days ago and I don't think anyone will have it for that cheap and I don't have a Meijer to get it for $40.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Damn it, can't believe there aren't any sales on The Outer Worlds and A Plague Tale.
Looks like I was fine to go ahead and just purchase TOW with Jedi when I went to go pick up my pre-order at Gamestop
Outer Worlds was financially successful according to 2K so it not having a sale isn't surprising to me, plus it came out just a few weeks ago
Same thing with Fallen Order

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opinions from the crowd: are the following games worth their price?

FF XII, Switch, $30
Stein's Gate Elite, Switch, $30
Indivisible, PS4, $20
AI, Switch, $30

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks like I was fine to go ahead and just purchase TOW with Jedi when I went to go pick up my pre-order at Gamestop
Outer Worlds was financially successful according to 2K so it not having a sale isn't surprising to me, plus it came out just a few weeks ago
Same thing with Fallen Order
I mean, Modern Warfare (most successful this year?) came out the same day and it's going for $38-40 in several places.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Can you post the pic. You can't view this outside the US. They redirect you.

Check out bfads.net they put all their ad scans there.

My question with gamestop, do they give you the $25 coupon to use that same day or is it like target where its valid from another date?

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA

FF XII, Switch, $30
Indivisible, PS4, $20
AI, Switch, $30
AI is easily worth that price, just keep in mind that game isn't as crazy as the zero escape series. Still a very solid game.

I played FF12 for the first time this year and really enjoyed it. I think I saw it for $25 a few weeks ago, but can't really remember.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that Gamestop ad is underwhelming. Might just wind up springing for the BOGO on PS3 games to fill out the last few games I want, but other than that I can't see myself grabbing much.

FF XII, Switch, $30
Indivisible, PS4, $20
AI, Switch, $30

If you haven't played / watched Steins;Gate I'd jump on Elite, though buying the older version (PS3 / Vita / PC) is advised (and also cheaper when on sale). It's a really really good story that starts off slowly but pulls you in. If you do opt for Steins;Gate Elite, I'd advise getting it on PS4 instead as it comes with a ~20h set of side stories that would be of interest if you wind up enjoying it.

I haven't tried Ai: The Somnium FIles, but it's been pretty well received and is one game I really want to play. IIRC it's made by the writer of the Zero Escape series.

I can't say if both games are worth their price, but I can say they're both games you should try at some point, and you can get Steins;Gate for cheaper if you're willing to play on a different system.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I think someone asked about gaming monitors earlier. Are all the deals out now that we can make that call.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Would y'all say it's a good idea to buy Shenmue 3 now? I know it's very story heavy so I want to play the first 2 through gamepass but I kinda worry about it becoming rare due to how niche it is. I know digital is a thing but sometimes I just prefer physical.

Oct 27, 2017
Got Control for $25 during GS Pro sale two weeks ago so this year I'm just getting

DQB2 $25
Anthem $5 (why the fuck not I guess? Lol)
MHW Iceborne $29.99 (PSN)

tempted on Man of Medan ($15), Medievil ($20), Wolfenstein YB DX ($20).

The $99 used OG Xbox One is a great deal. I may get it. Cheap way to get an Xbox and Play Halo Infinite next year. Would just get GP and never buy a game.