• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Well i wouldnt use it for consoles mainly to back up my gog games etc.
So i would be looking 2.5"

Best Buy has a 2.5" 5TB External for $89.99. If you want something bigger, they also have a 3.5" 12TB External for $179.99. Those are probably your best options and both are available right now.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Retailers don't carry Wii U anymore. Second hand is the only way. You'd be better off getting a Switch at this point though. It's a much more convenient solution (not having to continuously charge the gamepad).

How is charging the Gamepad any different than charging the Switch itself? Drop it on the cradle when you're done and it's topped off for your next session.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Do you think there's any chance Switch drops to $250 with a game bundled?

This year going by what ads show? No chance

Bet you they will next year when the PlayStation 5 is out (and will likely be when I buy my Switch unfortunately)

@ot - Since I have decided to opt out of buying a Switch this year due to the weak bundle offers , gonna buy PS4 games. In my list I have...

Devil May Cry 5 for $15
Yakuza Kiwami 2 for $15
Spider-Man GOTY for $15
Dragon Quest Builders 2 for $25

Anyone know if BB will put any of the above on sale tomorrow early?

Thinking about getting a prebuilt moderately good desktop PC maybe ( will build a high end one next year or so) due to the fact that my current gaming desktop is about to turn 10 years in two months 😂

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This year going by what ads show? No chance

Bet you they will next year when the PlayStation 5 is out (and will likely be when I buy my Switch unfortunately)

@ot - Since I have decided to opt out of buying a Switch this year due to the weak bundle offers , gonna buy PS4 games. In my list I have...

Devil May Cry 5 for $15
Yakuza Kiwami 2 for $15
Spider-Man GOTY for $15
Dragon Quest Builders 2 for $25

Anyone know if BB will put any of the above on sale tomorrow early?

Thinking about getting a prebuilt moderately good desktop PC maybe ( will build a high end one next year or so) due to the fact that my current gaming desktop is about to turn 10 years in two months 😂
where are you looking for prebuilt?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Some nutso video game prices at Best Buy. Shenmue 3 already at $35, lmao. Nothing I want, as I usually buy what I want when I want, but still.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
Whats the best bang for your buck 4K monitor on sale right now? Willing to settle for 1440p if it has good HDR. Not really looking to spend over $400 if possible.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best bang for your buck 4K monitor on sale right now? Willing to settle for 1440p if it has good HDR. Not really looking to spend over $400 if possible.

When it comes to monitors, you need to pick one: HDR or cheap. You cannot get cheap HDR on a monitor yet and you're better off getting a TCL 6 Series for $500 if you want 4K and HDR if you're worried about price.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any thoughts on the Logitech G613 Wireless Keyboard? I know it's considered a gaming keyboard, but how is it for typing?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Does anyone think the UHD Blu Ray Players will go on sale? Im happy with my LG up970, but I missed my old Sony x800 . Only reason I got rid of it was the lack of Dolby Vision.

Now I'm seeing the new X800m2 for $250. I'm really tempted to go back to a Sony player :/

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
looking to finally buy Overwatch. I just kind of assumed this game would be cheap i guess. Since its been out for years. Then i check the xbox store the other day and only see it for full price.

also looking to nab Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 finally. Hope its on sale somewhere

May 25, 2019
London
That Best Buy One X deal is pretty good and better than Target, IMO - 3 months of Live instead of a Target gift card and Jedi Fallen Order instead of Gears 5

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Just picked up a switch...

More importantly, there's a bunch of 128GB or 256GB cards on sale at Best Buy for $20-$30...what's the best to pick for the price?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Shenmue, already seeing heavy markdowns. No reason for anybody to buy it at launch now.

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm just going to go for Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair for $20. I want Spyro and Ni no Kuni, but they are going for $25 as of now. I wanted that $20 price point. I know it may seem silly since it's just a $5 difference, but I can't shake it. lol

The new Yooka Lahore is absolutely worth it at 20 bucks. I paid full price at launch, game is excellent. I'm stunned at the quality jump from the first game to this. Still haven't finished it but what I have played was really impressive! I'd like to see another 2D game from Playtonic, not nevessarily YL. But do jump on that deal, I wouldn't pass it up.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I see several games I want to pick up for the Switch, and maybe a couple on PS4.

I already own Starlink, but for $9.99 Switch owners should grab that game and give it a shot.

Nothing1016

Oct 25, 2017
California
When it comes to monitors, you need to pick one: HDR or cheap. You cannot get cheap HDR on a monitor yet and you're better off getting a TCL 6 Series for $500 if you want 4K and HDR if you're worried about price.
All right thanks. What's the best HDR 1440p monitor then in your opinion? I don't mind spending money I just wanted to be cheap. :P

Preferably smaller then 30 inches.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking good so far for Dragon Quest XI S on the Switch

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not yet. Once it's out, I'll add all the details to the OP.
I'd expect it soon enough, along with Wal-Mart. I'm pretty surprised that there are no PS4 Pro sales. They should be trying to dump their inventory before the 5 comes out. At that point it's gonna be completely obsolete

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This might not be the best place to ask, but is there anyway to get some sort of notification, like an email, whenever something specific goes on sale on the iOS store?

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So far I'll probably jump on the $15 for Spider-Man complete. Waiting to see on more Switch sales.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Best Buy has a bunch of their SDXC cards on sale...what's the best price performance option for a Switch? This one for 256GB? Is there an difference in performance on the Sandisk "EXTREME PLUS" vs. "ULTRA PLUS" if only using for a Switch...I think that maxes out at 100mb/s?

Full List:
Load times are negligibly different. Just go by size.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Man, that $200 58'' Insignia at Best Buy is basically perfect for what I'm needing.

Can somebody help me convince my wife to buy it? We have a 50'' that's 5 years old and she thinks that's perfectly acceptable :(

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Was at Target and saw they accidentally have their Switch at their Black Friday price of 299.99!!!

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Was at Target and saw they accidentally have their Switch at their Black Friday price of 299.99!!!
c5f.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Some decent Free Sync and Gsync monitor deals at best buy it seems, still no 1440p 90hz+ freesync for less than $300 tho