• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Seriously, where the fuck is Scream season 3.

The silence is pissing me off.

If you're cancelling it just go out and say it.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, where the fuck is Scream season 3.

The silence is pissing me off.

If you're cancelling it just go out and say it.

I found this article from back in November. Short answer, it's filmed, but rights issues held it up until now, and now it just needs a home.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/scream-season-3-finally-way/

Yes I'm gonna bump two threads with this news. I'm just so damn excited.

Awesome!! Can't wait!

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It was really good IMO. Dave's a great interviewer, as expected, his guests are top of class, and they have some really good segments in each episode which go a little beyond just a sit-down interview.

The special episode where Howard Stern interviewed Letterman was also fantastic!

Great to hear it was renewed.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm standing behind someone who is wearing a jacket that indicates he was a crew member on season 2 of Lethal Weapon and I have so many questions I wanna ask him

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
We now have a UK release date for Brexit: the Uncivil War drama, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch. It broadcasts here on Channel 4 on the 7th January and then 19th January on HBO in the US.
Further details here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Damn, I forgot to post Friday night's ratings. Here they are:

Fast-Demo-2018-Dec-14.FRI_.png

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Screen-Shot-2018-12-16-at-12.13.19-PM.png

Freeform Poked Fun At The 'Shadowhunters' Twitter Campaign And Fans Aren't Happy
If there's one fanbase you shouldn't mock, it would be the rabid following of Shadowhunters. Freeform poked the bear while airing a "POPnKnowledge" version of Toy Story. In what started off as a joke turned into an all-out attack of Shadowhunters fans.
(emphasis mine but, like you can't understate the tenacity of them)
During Freeform's "POPnKnowledge" airing of the Pixar classic, fun facts and trivia pop up on the screen while the film plays. In one particular scene, Andy is about to go out and his mom says he is allowed to bring one toy. Woody uses a Magic 8 Ball to ask if he Andy will pick him. While he shakes the all-knowing ball for an answer, the question "Will Freeform save Shadowhunters if I keep tweeting about it?" playfully pops up on the screen. The answer "DON'T COUNT ON IT" appears through the inky water. Funny, right? Well, not if you ask the legion of Shadowunters fans. Twitter blew up with backlash.
Another fan attacked Freeform's parent company Disney and the upcoming release of Mary Poppins Returns. "Was looking forward to seeing this but it won't be happening thanks to the disrespect shown to the #Shadowhunters fans by @FreeformTV during their broadcast of Toy Story."
Ah yes, that will show them
"I can't believe they did that, and during Toy Story of all things," chimed in another fan. "It was so tacky and rude to fans of both Toy Story and #Shadowhunters. I've never even seen Shadowhunters, but I hope someone shows better class and helps them out. #SaveShadowhunters"
"I have never heard of this show, but I will totally use the hashtag created by the fans"
The #SaveShadowhunters Twitter campaign has been alive on the social media platform since it was announced that the series would be ending after three seasons. Diehard fans have has been stopping at nothing to bring the show back for a fourth season with the campaign. Fans went beyond Twitter and organized for a plane with a #SaveShadowhunters banner to circle Netflix's LA headquarters, rented two billboards in Times Square and raised over $20,000 for various charities. They also popped up in Korea with a month-long campaign in the Seoul subway — positioned in the station closest to Netflix's local office and hit London with double-decker bus ads.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

edit:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what fan campaigns mean now in 2018. Since you just have to tweet now and not actually do anything, you'd think they wouldn't be effective. But then again, every streaming service seems more than happy to buy other people's failed content, so I guess there's still a possibility that Jericho season 3 will happen eventually. :p

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
It was really good IMO. Dave's a great interviewer, as expected, his guests are top of class, and they have some really good segments in each episode which go a little beyond just a sit-down interview.

The special episode where Howard Stern interviewed Letterman was also fantastic!

Great to hear it was renewed.
Thanks for your thoughts on it, I'll have to check it out at some point.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I don't even know what fan campaigns mean now in 2018. Since you just have to tweet now and not actually do anything, you'd think they wouldn't be effective. But then again, every streaming service seems more than happy to buy other people's failed content, so I guess there's still a possibility that Jericho season 3 will happen eventually. :p
To be fair, they went way beyond Tweeting.

The #SaveShadowhunters Twitter campaign has been alive on the social media platform since it was announced that the series would be ending after three seasons. Diehard fans have has been stopping at nothing to bring the show back for a fourth season with the campaign. Fans went beyond Twitter and organized for a plane with a #SaveShadowhunters banner to circle Netflix's LA headquarters, rented two billboards in Times Square and raised over $20,000 for various charities. They also popped up in Korea with a month-long campaign in the Seoul subway — positioned in the station closest to Netflix's local office and hit London with double-decker bus ads. The expanded 12-episode final season, dubbed Shadowhunters: The Final Hunt, is set to air in spring 2019.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It happened!

Channing Dungey Joins Netflix As VP Original Content, Will Work With Shonda Rhimes, the Obamas Among Others
Following weeks of speculation, outgoing ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey is officially joining Netflix in a senior leadership role as Vice President of Original Content, reporting to Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content. She is expected to start in February.

In this newly created role, Dungey will partner with Holland in setting strategy for Netflix's original series and will oversee a large and key portion of the slate, including some of the company's overall deals with such top writer-producers as Shonda Rhimes, Jenji Kohan, Kenya Barris, Steven DeKnight, Marti Noxon, as well as Barack and Michelle Obama's Higher Ground Productions which has a deal there.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is with the rabid following of Shadowhunters? The book series it's based on isn't even that good.

Honestly, I thought it would only last one season considering how poorly the movie adaption did.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So the Streaming war is fun:

Justin Lin Inks Overall Deal With Apple
In a competitive situation, Apple has signed award-winning producer and director Justin Lin (Fast & Furious franchise, Star Trek: Beyond) and his Perfect Storm Entertainment to an exclusive, multi-year overall deal. Under the pact, Lin will develop, produce and direct television series with a global perspective. Lin moves to Apple from his long-standing TV overall deal at Sony.
Under Lin's Perfect Storm Entertainment banner, which he founded in 2012, Lin produced the hit series Scorpion, which ran for four seasons on CBS, as well as CBS' S.W.A.T, which is currently in its second season, and freshman Magnum P.I., along with the upcoming Warrior for Cinemax. Perfect Storm Entertainment TV will be run by Andrew Schneider, who most recently oversaw the TV department for Free Association, and previously was at Fox 21 Television Studios.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hulu renews "Letterkenny" for 4, count 'em, 4 seasons.
Hulu has ordered four more seasons of the hit Canadian comedy Letterkenny.

The first two seasons of the CraveTV scripted original created by and starring Jared Kesso debuted stateside on Hulu in the U.S. in July 2018. Hulu is set to put the third and fourth seasons up on its platform from Dec. 27, the producers of Letterkenny announced Monday on the show's Facebook page.

The U.S. run for the fifth and sixth seasons are still to be announced. Letterkenny revolves around Wayne (Keeso) and his friends living in the small town of Letterkenny, Ontario, a fictional community based on the actor-writer-exec producer's hometown of Listowel.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frankie Shaw is being investigated for misconduct on the set of SMILF.
Toward the end of production on SMILF's season two in August, sources say O'Donnell contacted Showtime executive Amy Israel as well as executive producer Scott King to express concern about a chaotic and troubled set. Insiders say O'Donnell herself did not clash with Shaw, but the veteran performer became concerned about a number of issues, particularly Shaw's treatment of fellow actress Samara Weaving.

Weaving played the love interest of Rafi (Miguel Gomez), who is the father of Shaw's character's young child. Sources say Weaving is exiting the show after she claimed her contract was breached during the filming of a sex scene in the second season. She is said to have complained to both Disney and SAG-AFTRA after Shaw instructed video monitors to be turned on even though the set was supposed to be closed, with only limited crew present and with outside monitors off. Weaving declined to comment.
THR has learned that multiple staffers have made complaints to the WGA about both credit issues and alleged race-based separation, though no formal grievances have been filed. (The guild is said to be encouraging writers to file complaints and possibly to pursue litigation.) Several sources say writers of color were put in different rooms from caucasian writers and felt that their ideas were exploited without pay or credit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But will Julie Chen continue to use his last name as a sign of support?
The bigger question is whether Julie Chen will use his last name at all, considering good ole Moonvest had an employee dedicated to giving him oral sex as recently as a couple years ago.

Either way, Big Brother's premiere is going to draw some numbers.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The bigger question is whether Julie Chen will use his last name at all, considering good ole Moonvest had an employee dedicated to giving him oral sex as recently as a couple years ago.

Either way, Big Brother's premiere is going to draw some numbers.
She has two choices and neither really looks good for her.

1. She continues to use his name on air like she did for the first time ever at the end of last season and people think less of her for it.
2. She goes back to not using his name at all and everyone assumes she no longer supports him and wonder why she's staying with him if that's true.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She has two choices and neither really looks good for her.

1. She continues to use his name on air like she did for the first time ever at the end of last season and people think less of her for it.
2. She goes back to not using his name at all and everyone assumes she no longer supports him and wonder why she's staying with him if that's true.
Has she made it clear a divorce is out of the cards? Or was that just bluster during the initial stages of the story breaking?

The best case scenario for her is divorcing Moonves and walking away with a sizeable sum. She has her job at Big Brother, she'll have her job on The View, and she's charismatic enough to lie low for a couple years and come back with a new high-profile hosting gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.