• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Negative Feedback for chronic_archaic.

PM'ed him this morning about his eshop code. He said it was available. I sent payment and he sent me the code after receiving payment. I told him that I would redeem the code after I got home from work.

A few hours later, I get a PM saying he refunded me because he gave the code to someone who inquired before me, but never responded/paid for the item until later. The other buyer redeemed the code, so that's why I received a refund.

I don't know how he thinks it's remotely OK to give the code out to two buyers, especially since I had paid for it already.
I sent a PM about the same code soon after he posted but never received a reply about it. I hate when people don't bother to PM back.

Oct 25, 2017
Positive seller feedback for zetsubou - understood the situation, all was well

neutral feedback for battousai - because this barely counts as a transaction since nothing was lost or gained, however I admit to my poor judgment call.

I sent a PM about the same code soon after he posted but never received a reply about it. I hate when people don't bother to PM back.
It was a symptom of my OCD, I apologize.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
I refunded him very quickly... it was $7. If he deserves nothing at all, than so believe I do too. As I said above, essentially nothing happened when it came down to it.

I don't think you understand what you did.

Our transaction was done the moment you sent me the code at 5:03AM EST. It doesn't matter that I didn't redeem the code immediately; In fact, I send you a PM after receiving the code that I wouldn't be able to redeem the code until after work.

Once our transaction was done, the other person PM'ed you back, and then paid you. You then sent them the exact same code that you sent me, which they redeemed soon thereafter.

After the other user redeemed the code, you sent me a PM at 1:04PM EST

Hey -

I refunded the payment - I had a guy fall through, should have waited longer but he redeemed it - you're not mad right? :/

EIGHT HOURS after I had the code in my possession.

Just because I hadn't redeemed it, it doesn't mean that you can sell it again. We had agreed on the terms of the sale, exchanged goods and the sale was completed. That code, for all intents and purposes, was mine. Whether I redeemed it when I got it or a year from then, it shouldn't have made a difference.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you understand what you did.

Our transaction was done the moment you sent me the code at 5:03AM EST. It doesn't matter that I didn't redeem the code immediately; In fact, I send you a PM after receiving the code that I wouldn't be able to redeem the code until after work.

Once our transaction was done, the other person PM'ed you back, and then paid you. You then sent them the exact same code that you sent me, which they redeemed soon thereafter.

After the other user redeemed the code, you sent me a PM at 1:04PM EST

EIGHT HOURS after I had the code in my possession.

Just because I hadn't redeemed it, it doesn't mean that you can sell it again. We had agreed on the terms of the sale, exchanged goods and the sale was completed. That code, for all intents and purposes, was mine. Whether I redeemed it when I got it or a year from then, it shouldn't have made a difference.
Problem being, he had it in his possession first - I just hadn't received payment and gotten cold feet, for all I knew it was still available and I was trying to pass it to next person - should I have made the pretenses clearer? Yes, I should have, but the fact nobody lost anything here I'm standing by my neutral feedback. Got afraid, tried to help, I just wish I didn't sell the fucking thing at all.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Problem being, he had it in his possession first - I just hadn't received payment and gotten cold feet, for all I knew it was still available and I was trying to pass it to next person - should I have made the pretenses clearer? Yes, I should have, but the fact nobody lost anything here I'm standing by my neutral feedback. Got afraid, tried to help, I just wish I didn't sell the fucking thing at all.

That's not what you told me via PM.

battousai said:
If he paid you then you shouldn't have sold it to me. If he hadn't paid you and you sent me the code, then you shouldn't have sent them the code.

There shouldn't have been any point in time where both of us had the code.

chronic_archaic said:
It was the latter - and I shouldn't have. Basically, I messed up, and screwed someone in the process more or less. Felt it was better than lying, even though it's not excusable.

Get your stories straight. You're telling me now that the other user had the code first, but then on PM you told me I had the code first.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what you told me via PM.

Get your stories straight. You're telling me now that the other user had the code first, but then on PM you told me I had the code first.
No, I didn't. Read again. I might have given that impression, but I literally said "I had a guy fall through" inferring you were second.

OD5xDr6.jpg

And just to be completely transparent - the rest of the conversation. There's really no reason to go on any longer. I'm repeating what I said multiple times.

948ce388ac.png

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
No, I didn't. Read again. I might have given that impression, but I literally said "I had a guy fall through" inferring you were second.

OD5xDr6.jpg

And just to be completely transparent - the rest of the conversation. There's really no reason to go on any longer. I'm repeating what I said multiple times.

948ce388ac.png
By fell through, I took that to mean that the transaction didn't occur, which is why you completed the transaction with me. Once our transaction was completed, you decided to go back and revisit the first transaction, which is where the problem is. You received my money first, but you gave the code out to two people.

Cloggerdude , pete_clarf can you weigh in on this? Also, zetsubou , wanna tell your side of the story?

Oct 25, 2017
By fell through, I took that to mean that the transaction didn't occur, which is why you completed the transaction with me. Once our transaction was completed, you decided to go back and revisit the first transaction, which is where the problem is. You received my money first, but you gave the code out to two people.

Cloggerdude , pete_clarf can you weigh in on this? Also, zetsubou , wanna tell your side of the story?
It was a miscommunication at that point - we can keep talking but I don't see the point. I said, multiple times, I made a mistake. What do you want me to do now?

OP
OP
Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was a miscommunication at that point - we can keep talking but I don't see the point. I said, multiple times, I made a mistake. What do you want me to do now?

From what you have both posted, it looks like battousai did absolutely nothing wrong during the transaction. I don't think you were trying to be malicious in any way, but the mistake of sending out the code to two people was completely on you. As such, I fail to see why battousai deserves Neutral feedback in this situation. Unless it's simply as a reaction to them leaving you Negative, in which case that's completely inappropriate. I know you have tried to explain yourself, but I'm really not seeing it.

That being said, I'm also not entirely sure that you deserve a full Negative, as you did at least immediately provide a refund. You made an incredibly dumb mistake, but it really doesn't appear to have been malicious. That's just my thoughts on it though.

Oct 25, 2017
From what you have both posted, it looks like battousai did absolutely nothing wrong during the transaction. I don't think you were trying to be malicious in any way, but the mistake of sending out the code to two people was completely on you. As such, I fail to see why battousai deserves Neutral feedback in this situation. Unless it's simply as a reaction to them leaving you Negative, in which case that's completely inappropriate. I know you have tried to explain yourself, but I'm really not seeing it.

That being said, I'm also not entirely sure that you deserve a full Negative, as you did at least immediately provide a refund. You made an incredibly dumb mistake, but it really doesn't appear to have been malicious. That's just my thoughts on it though.
I mean, it can be neutral feedback or no feedback. Positive or negative doesn't make sense on my end, really. It wasn't positive, even though that was my own fault no goods were even traded at the end. And it wasn't negative, because it was my fault. If I wanted to be malicious, I would have just said I have codes for the 10 people who PM'd me and ran. Just a bad decision on my part. Last thing I want to do is throw away the feedback I have because of a $10 code.

OP
OP
Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it can be neutral feedback or no feedback. Positive or negative doesn't make sense on my end, really. It wasn't positive, even though that was my own fault no goods were even traded at the end. And it wasn't negative, because it was my fault. If I wanted to be malicious, I would have just said I have codes for the 10 people who PM'd me and ran. Just a bad decision on my part. Last thing I want to do is throw away the feedback I have because of a $10 code.

I completely understand not wanting to give Positive feedback here. Unfortunately, Neutral feedback has a fairly negative connotation, due to the small amount of individuals that have actually received that type of feedback. I kind of see how the naming is a bit...unfortunate now, but Neutral feedback is definitely not truly nuetral at the end of the day.

The best option here, at least in my opinion, would be to simply not leave any feedback at all.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
The issue with this approach is that the feedback isn't for you.

The feedback is a way for the other party to give others their impression of working with you. While you receive the feedback, it doesn't mean you get to control it. There are many things you can do as a buyer or a seller to help ensure that the feedback you receive is positive, but there's no guarantee that it will end up that way. You made a mistake, and this is the result of that mistake.

The other party did not have a good experience, and as many have understood, didn't do anything wrong. Why isn't he allowed to leave feedback now because you backed out of the transaction, whether or not it was malicious? It was still a mistake on your part, and should just accept it as so.

Although, similar to the other feedback situation ongoing, if people decide to change it to neutral, I wouldn't be opposed to it neither, but I don't think it should just be complete forgotten with no feedback.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States

From the time I originally messaged him1246am to the time I paid (according to my PayPal email) was just under 2hour time span. He sent me the code at 116a, I used it before paying to make sure it was good, fucked around on the eshop then paid. My paypal email has a 230a timestamp. All times pst.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been a bit of time, but it's been bothering me that Noren left me with what I feel to be inappropriate negative feedback on a transaction that went awry (https://www.resetera.com/posts/5777946/).

I just want to circle back around to this with the ResetEra B/S/T community.

I checked the feedback thread guidelines and read this:

So with that said, I'd like for our community to chime in on this negative feedback to decide whether or not it was warranted. If our community decides it's fair feedback, I won't argue otherwise. I've already checked with Cloggerdude on this and he gave the go ahead to share this here.

So I'm just going to give a quick recap of what happened. You can feel free to cross reference this with Noren if you'd like. I've still never received a response from him in my many PM attempts.

On Saturday 3/17 I made a purchase from Noren of a $10 XBL code for $8.

I messaged him that I'd take his item for his asking price. He responded back with

This is where I made a mistake. I didn't read the e-mail closely enough, and I sent payment via PayPal rather than Amazon GC. 1 minute later I got a response back with:

I responded back with:

This back-and-forth took all of about 15 minutes. Didn't hear anything back for the rest of Saturday. I followed up with a "Hello?" on Sunday morning. Got nothing back. I checked his profile and saw that he made several posts Sunday during the day, so I followed up with a message Sunday night saying:

Still no response from him.

On Monday March 19th, I made a post on the BST thread looking for input, as many here are aware of. (https://www.resetera.com/threads/bu...-new-rules-in-the-op.454/page-69#post-5746031)

After receiving some input from the community, I messaged him again saying:

I waited the rest of the day, saw that he was online on these forums and even made a few posts, but never got a response back. The next day I shared what happened on the BST thread and posted negative feedback in the feedback thread.

Here's where Noren finally chimed in, not via PM, but publicly on the BST thread, with this:

After reading this, I went and checked my PayPal, and indeed he did refund me. I originally checked my PayPal for a refund shortly after my first PM on Saturday 3/17, and didn't see anything. I never thought to check it again since he didn't take the 5 seconds to respond back that he refunded me, so I assumed that the refund was never sent. That was my mistake, for sure. I should've checked my PayPal again on Sunday and/or Monday just to confirm that he didn't refund me, but I honestly just didn't think of it. I've never had a person I'm trading with just offer absolutely zero communication of a refund, or shipping notification, or confirmation of payment received, etc.. etc.. so I assumed that the refund hadn't come in since my initial check.

Finally, after I found that he did indeed refund me, I requested that my negative feedback for him be rescinded, and sent him this final PM:

Again, never heard anything back from him, and he of course chose not to rescind his negative feedback.

So that's the whole story. Thoughts/opinions?

I'm certainly not free of blame, and I would never argue otherwise. It was my fault that I sent PayPal instead of Amazon GC and it was ultimately my fault that I didn't continue to monitor my PayPal to see if a refund had come in. I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus here, I just feel like this was an undeserved piece of negative feedback. I already tried reaching out to Noren privately but didn't hear anything back.

Thanks for your time.
I haven't been too big on here lately (like past couple years), but would think this would be Neutral feedback for you. Nobody lost anything but time.

I would hope in the future though you double check to see if you got a refund before posting feedback.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Leaving battousai any feedback considering you are the cause of all the grief is bullshit. If you want to challenge his negative feedback then so be it. But retract this petty feedback.

coopolon

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been a bit of time, but it's been bothering me that Noren left me with what I feel to be inappropriate negative feedback on a transaction that went awry (https://www.resetera.com/posts/5777946/).

I just want to circle back around to this with the ResetEra B/S/T community.

I checked the feedback thread guidelines and read this:

So with that said, I'd like for our community to chime in on this negative feedback to decide whether or not it was warranted. If our community decides it's fair feedback, I won't argue otherwise. I've already checked with Cloggerdude on this and he gave the go ahead to share this here.

So I'm just going to give a quick recap of what happened. You can feel free to cross reference this with Noren if you'd like. I've still never received a response from him in my many PM attempts.

On Saturday 3/17 I made a purchase from Noren of a $10 XBL code for $8.

I messaged him that I'd take his item for his asking price. He responded back with

This is where I made a mistake. I didn't read the e-mail closely enough, and I sent payment via PayPal rather than Amazon GC. 1 minute later I got a response back with:

I responded back with:

This back-and-forth took all of about 15 minutes. Didn't hear anything back for the rest of Saturday. I followed up with a "Hello?" on Sunday morning. Got nothing back. I checked his profile and saw that he made several posts Sunday during the day, so I followed up with a message Sunday night saying:

Still no response from him.

On Monday March 19th, I made a post on the BST thread looking for input, as many here are aware of. (https://www.resetera.com/threads/bu...-new-rules-in-the-op.454/page-69#post-5746031)

After receiving some input from the community, I messaged him again saying:

I waited the rest of the day, saw that he was online on these forums and even made a few posts, but never got a response back. The next day I shared what happened on the BST thread and posted negative feedback in the feedback thread.

Here's where Noren finally chimed in, not via PM, but publicly on the BST thread, with this:

After reading this, I went and checked my PayPal, and indeed he did refund me. I originally checked my PayPal for a refund shortly after my first PM on Saturday 3/17, and didn't see anything. I never thought to check it again since he didn't take the 5 seconds to respond back that he refunded me, so I assumed that the refund was never sent. That was my mistake, for sure. I should've checked my PayPal again on Sunday and/or Monday just to confirm that he didn't refund me, but I honestly just didn't think of it. I've never had a person I'm trading with just offer absolutely zero communication of a refund, or shipping notification, or confirmation of payment received, etc.. etc.. so I assumed that the refund hadn't come in since my initial check.

Finally, after I found that he did indeed refund me, I requested that my negative feedback for him be rescinded, and sent him this final PM:

Again, never heard anything back from him, and he of course chose not to rescind his negative feedback.

So that's the whole story. Thoughts/opinions?

I'm certainly not free of blame, and I would never argue otherwise. It was my fault that I sent PayPal instead of Amazon GC and it was ultimately my fault that I didn't continue to monitor my PayPal to see if a refund had come in. I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus here, I just feel like this was an undeserved piece of negative feedback. I already tried reaching out to Noren privately but didn't hear anything back.

Thanks for your time.

By the recent standards of the community this should be neutral or no feeack.