• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muse98

May 28, 2020
A resurfaced letter from Joe Biden when he was Vice President addressed to staffers has revealed how he encouraged employees not to miss family commitments for work.

"I would like to take a moment to make something clear to everyone," the memo begins. "I do not expect nor do I want any of you to miss or sacrifice important family obligations for work."

He adds: "This is very important to me. In fact, I will go so far as to say that if I find out that you are working with me while missing important family responsibilities, it will disappoint me greatly,

Source

Defintley says a lot about how much family is important to him and how he doesn't want anyone to miss family time for work.

It's shameful how this kind of behavior is looked down upon across many work places in the US...I'm lucky enough to work for a company that prioritizes family time instead of work but unfortunately many people are stuck working for companies that don't give a shit

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I read the title backwards so I was pleasantly surprised to read the actual statement. Joe seems like a good dude

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the first time I've actually felt connected to him. I tell my employees this all the time.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
"Biden's people take time off of work when they should be working. They run the government for gods sake. Oh PRESIDENT Trump just finished golfing. He deserves a break!"

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Being from Delaware we always knew Joe is a good man but now the nation can finally see it he's exactly what we need right now

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
That threat of disappointing Joe if you prioritize work over family, damn

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Wonder how trumpito stans and fox news is gonna spin this one.

"When you're negotiating with China, they're not gonna go easy on you. When you're negotiating with Iran, they're not gonna go easy on you. I'd want the best possible people in the room when I'm making these calls. Apparently Biden doesn't care about any of that. He'd rather his staff cook meat on a barbeque than get the best trade deals for the country. It's un-patriotic, and it's the reason why this country always loses."

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"God, Country, Family..in that order. Your duty to your country comes before that of your family and we'd be greatly disappointed (i.e well fire you) if we ever find out you missed work for a family obligation."

My wife's parents think this way and it's sad. They put country and god over their children and only grandchild who I know they love dearly.

It should be.. Family >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Country > God

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't surprise me. With the tragedy he's seen in his life, I'm sure he does take important life experiences with family above all else. Of course he would want his staff to think the same because he has empathy

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't surprise me that a man who has dealt with the amount of tragedy he has would want others to cherish their loved ones as much as they could. I wish my boss were as forgiving. -.-

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Is this really a thread to lionize Biden?

Y'all just can't let anyone be happy that we just voted out a fascist monster and replaced him with a decent human capable of feeling compassion.

Always glad to see a healthy family/work life supported from the top down, people in his admin are going to need that steady base as they try to fix this mess.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tucker Carlsons about to say something like "This is who america elected. Someone who tells their employees that going to their nephews 3rd birthday party is more important than national security"