• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Fucking hell

What a bunch of selfish fucks

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The type of person that is taking a vacation to Jamaica during the worst period of a pandemic, is the same type of person that is a lot more likely to have Coronavirus since they sure as fuck aren't taking it seriously.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Were these people infected on the plane or did they just not get tested beforehand? If you're traveling internationally (or really at all) you should have a recent negative test before you leave.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
This is why proving receipt of vaccine before been allowed to board a plane will be crucial going forward.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
pay8wiqsg2e01.jpg

UK to Jamaica: "As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague"

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
don't know what you're on about everything is under control
nothing to see here, move along old chap

OKimkww.jpg

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I bet a bunch of them are going to try to break out of isolation/quarantine too. The selfishness of a lot of people knows no bounds.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
The type of person that is taking a vacation to Jamaica during the worst period of a pandemic, is the same type of person that is a lot more likely to have Coronavirus since they sure as fuck aren't taking it seriously.

This was an internal concern at our last job. There were assistance programs that could pay bills and wages if you lost time due to covid. One of our manager said anyone that willingly put themselves, and by extension coworkers at risk, shouldn't be eligible.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Europe or us have some sort of new or mutated strain of covid 19 right now that the vaccine doesn't work on? Wtf?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I bet a bunch of them are going to try to break out of isolation/quarantine too. The selfishness of a lot of people knows no bounds.
"I got covid? What do you mean I have to quarantine for 10 days? Fine, if I'm gonna quarantine I'll quarantine in Jamaica. Honey pack the suitcase. Vacation time!"

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
And people are still getting together for Christmas as we speak.
Yeah, not to mention we still haven't halted travel to the uk. Which should've happened a week ago. I guess that's what we get when we basically don't have a president.

The amount of people still doing Christmas gatherings is ludicrous. Still pissed at our in-laws who are basically doing the same 20 person gathering (minus my wife, our children and me). They're usually smarter than that.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Doesn't Europe or us have some sort of new or mutated strain of covid 19 right now that the vaccine doesn't work on? Wtf?

Two varation, one UK, one South Africa, both are more contagious, no reason to believe that vaccine will not work on them.

www.resetera.com

UK to widen COVID lockdowns as new strain from South Africa found (More transmissible and new variant from UK variant) News - COVID

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/23/uk-to-widen-covid-lockdowns-as-new-strain-from-south-africa-found

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wtf how are there outgoing flights from uk while all the truck drivers with goods are held hostage on an airfield and the highway ? Wtf. They can't see their families on Christmas while these fucks fly to the beach .

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Wtf how are there outgoing flights from uk while all the truck drivers with goods are held hostage on an airfield and the highway ? Wtf. They can't see their families on Christmas while these fucks fly to the beach .
Indeed. Plus we've already been made well aware that it's quite possible to catch COVID-19 on a flight even if everyone is masked.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
In a global pandemic, I still cannot fathom why on earth out of all things, that international travel is still allowed. Bonkers to me

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Just to fill in the gaps and avoid more people calling these poor people

Jamaica banned UK arrivals on Monday, but there were already 3 flights in operation so the ban actually took effect from Tuesday. These positive cases are from those 3 flights (not all from the same flight) on the Monday and all arrivals from these flights were subject to 2 day minimum quarantine and testing. Their quarantine net worked as it caught all these cases before any of them reached general population.

Last edited:

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory Generalizations
I don't like generalizing because in contexts like this it isn't true, but UK folks suck.

I work in hospitality and there is a UK based family staying in the hotel that I work for that are rude and overly demanding to most of our staff. Have some fucking self awareness. Also why are you traveling to the US right now, fucking reckless.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just to fill in the gaps and avoid more people calling these poor people

Jamaica banned UK arrivals on Monday, but there were already 3 flights in operation so the ban actually took effect from Tuesday. These positive cases are from those 3 flights (not all from the same flight) on the Monday and all arrivals from these flights were subject to 2 day minimum quarantine and testing. Their quarantine net worked as it caught all these cases before any of them reached general population.
Are these ppl coming back or visiting?

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Does vaccine make you NOT spread the virus? Or isn't it just to not get sick yourself.
Ideally both preventing spread and curtailing sickness, but for now there isn't enough evidence to suggest what will occur. We'll start seeing some data soon I should think with the amount of people already vaccinated worldwide.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Experts say the new strain of the coronavirus is transmitted up to 70 times more easily than the regular circulating strain.

This part of the article is just... stunningly wrong. No wonder it's so hard to fight misinformation in this day and age.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Really don't understand why fines at the least aren't being used here...

Slap them with a £5000 fine and lets see if they do it again.