• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's honestly... Ok? I haven't seen anything particularly mind-blowing and I dislike the UI, but we'll see what the actual finished game is like.

Well, yeah, it's just a videogame.

If you go in expecting to be mindblown you're setting the bar a bit high perhaps.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mark my words, this will be the GOTY 2020. And I'll buy it again (if needed) to play it at 60 fps next-gen.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
What about what you've seen from CP2077 so far has made you feel unimpressed?

šŸ¤˜šŸ»

No, it looks okay. But so far I haven't really seen anything that isn't comparable to other immersive sims like Deus Ex MD or Dishonored, at least gameplay wise. It's entirely possible that the story will be amazing, but that can't really be judged from 20 minutes of gameplay.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Actually, it was the first pen and paper RPG I played. So?
Well if you enjoyed that, then you should be excited to see how the videogame adaptation turns out.

Mike Pondsmith has been courted many times over the years by game developers seeking to turn his IP into a videogame - after decades of this, he chose CD Projekt Red.

That means after all this time, he finally found a studio that he trusts implicitly to do his p&p game justice as a videogame.

That alone got me excited for it.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
No, it looks okay. But so far I haven't really seen anything that isn't comparable to other immersive sims like Deus Ex MD or Dishonored, at least gameplay wise.
Witcher 3 was also comparable to other western RPGs. Neither of those two games have a fully explorable large map without loading screens or combining cut scene, dialogue choices and gameplay seamlessly in one. Every game is comparable to something that came before it. Cyberpunk's execution is what sets it apart and CDPR has proven to maintain high quality in a vast open world like in Witcher 3.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Witcher 3 was also comparable to other western RPGs. Neither of those two games have a fully explorable large map without loading screens or marring cut scene, dialogue choices and gameplay seamlessly. Every game is comparable to something that came before it. Cyberpunk's execution is what sets it apart and CDPR has proven to maintain high quality in a vast open world like in Witcher 3.
Well said.

After playing The Witcher III - coupled with their passion for the Cyberpunk 2020 source material & the exorbitant amount of time they have spent making Cyberpunk 2077 shows me that it is going to be the very definition of epic.

pHseven

Sep 13, 2019
Witcher 3 was also comparable to other western RPGs. Neither of those two games have a fully explorable large map without loading screens or combining cut scene, dialogue choices and gameplay seamlessly in one. Every game is comparable to something that came before it. Cyberpunk's execution is what sets it apart and CDPR has proven to maintain high quality in a vast open world like in Witcher 3.

Well spoken. Hopefully CP2077 will set a new era for the genre as I'm really digging it for years and while there are certain games within that genre they can be counted on one hand.

The video unfortunately is not particulary good, you can't really see too much. Anyways we will see more and more as we get closer to the official release and there are many great upcoming titles to bridge that time :)

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Anyways we will see more and more as we get closer to the official release and there are many great upcoming titles to bridge that time :)
It feels like too many!

I'll be busy with Death Stranding, Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last Of Us: Part II until April 16th, 2020 - but even if I'm not finished with any of those yet by that date - out they will go to make room for Cyberpunk 2077šŸ¤˜šŸ»

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Scientists have found that the shortest measurement of time in the universe is the moment between these videos being rehosted and then taken down.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
While the quality is awful......it still looks really awkward and just not good.

crappy quality video and I'm still on the hype train though. I'll wait for real impressions.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah lookin a little stiff in general there. I'm gonna chalk that up to the person playing. I'm guessing they were playing a little slow/deliberate because it's a gameplay showcase as opposed to an actual gameplay video on YT by a streamer or, me playing at home.

Motorcycle gameplay looks descent, still can't decide what it may feel like to control it but initial assessment is it probably won't be as fun or impressive to ride the bikes in this game as say GTA V. And if that's the case, will probably translate to driving cars too.

Game is Day One for me regardless, but I do hope the vehicle handling physics feel good.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I can't get over the fact that they have designed the game using views diametrically opposed to mine.

I don't like first person combat. At all. But I also hate using 3rd person view in driving games. I always handle so much better in 1st person.

Such an irritating set of design choices and I know I will enjoy the game less as a result.

Hey ho. Back to Witcher 3!

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basing your impression CDPR's game on gameplay alone isn't a good idea, they aren't really good at gameplay and this game in particular looks stiff since we have a lot of shooters with great gunplay this gen. I expect this game to excel in writing, narrative choices and world/lore building.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
People calling pad gameplay slow and stiff. You all never played FPS with pad and then correlate that experience into this being 100% methodological and slow showcase for general audience? Of course it's going to look slow and stiff, plus build doing gunning is strength based Solo so I doubt there is any speed chrome in there.

Well that's something at least. They should have that flexibility on foot too. I refuse to believe they couldn't design the game to use both views. If Rockstar can do it with GTA V...

R* couldn't do that. First person in GTAV feels super off because scale of the world is off thanks to it being designed for third person view and camera. Same in RDR2, first person is just off.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hyped out of my mind for this game, but I still feel like many folks somehow expect it to be a Deus Ex/GTA hybrid instead of sci-fi TW3(.5). Like with the first in-engine reveal, I expect it to be a great game that won't still be what many expected.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Eh, wasn't following the game much, so I just realized it's 1st person. Not very happy about it, but ehi, I guess I liked Deus Ex, will give this a chance.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Basing your impression CDPR's game on gameplay alone isn't a good idea, they aren't really good at gameplay and this game in particular looks stiff since we have a lot of shooters with great gunplay this gen. I expect this game to excel in writing, narrative choices and world/lore building.
Yeah, as a shooter nothing here impress me tbh, but as a roleplaying game with action this good it impress me a ton. What other RPG has action of this caliber?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be like the witcher 3. A good RPG but kind of janky and most likely with bad combat. I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise. That doesn't mean it won't be a good game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the combat gameplay looks pretty good actually, much better than TW3 at least. I like the movement, especially in the first demo, the options you have and while the gunplay isn't FEAR level, I don't think it looks bad. Hopefully they can punch things up a little in the months to come.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It's going to be like the witcher 3. A good RPG but kind of janky and most likely with bad combat. I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise. That doesn't mean it won't be a good game.

CDPR has hired developers just to develop and balance combat mechanics and encounters. Supposedly TW3 had basically no single developer that worked on that exclusively.

Either way this is RPG first so expecting this to be CoD, DOOM 2016 or Destiny is fools errand.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda where I'm at. I adored a lot about The Witcher 3, but the combat was never a part of that adoration. I'll be looking to be absorbed by one of my favorite types of settings and hopefully, get hooked on characters and story beats. The gun combat has always looked rather weak, though.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well said.

After playing The Witcher III - coupled with their passion for the Cyberpunk 2020 source material & the exorbitant amount of time they have spent making Cyberpunk 2077 shows me that it is going to be the very definition of epic.

How long has the game been in development?

I didn't watch much of those videos as they were terrible quality but I loved the "official" gameplay videos. I Can't wait for release but I just fear it will be delayed so it's out around the time of the next gen consoles which tbh would be no bad thing if it was to polish the game and there was a free next gen patch šŸ˜

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

3-4 year active development time with rumored soft reboot few years back.

Edit: Full force of CDPR was moved to 77 after Blood & Wine wrapped. TW3 DLC's became larger projects than they had originally visioned tying up more manhours than expected.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I really don't know what are people expecting from this game - isn't the promise of a open-world Deus Ex like game with (hopefully) better writing and with more choices and consequences and with higher budget enough for people? Man, people here in ERA are living in a bubble or something ?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly since first gameplay video up to these leaked ones CP2077 looks flat visually (at least to me). Lighting and textures are not that impressive (compared to some other games).

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Scientists have found that the shortest measurement of time in the universe is the moment between these videos being rehosted and then taken down.
Lol!

Added to the OPšŸ¤˜šŸ»
4-5 years of full-on development with the first year of that being shared between The Witcher III - but pre-production on this game started somewhere around 2011 and it was worked on by a smaller team until the teaser trailer was released in 2013. From then on it's hard to really tell from the vague answers we've heard, but there may have been a soft-reboot of the concept; keeping most of the assets and then full-on development jumped on top of the smaller team's partial development after The Witcher III was complete.

All in all, in all of it's different development phases - pre-production, concepting, actual coding and full-on studio development; it's been a little over 8 years of total development time.

Status
Not open for further replies.