• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
In addition, sales of other titles and titles released by other software publishers continued to grow steadily, bringing the total number of million-seller titles during this period to 20, including the titles of other software publishers

Those 20 games sold 1m+ between April and December 2018.

From Nintendo :
Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, Super Mario Party, Mario Kart, Odyssey, BotW, Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Labo Kit 1, Captain Toad.

From 3rd party :
Octopath (confirmed), Minecraft,...

+ Crash Bandicoot, Mario + Rabbids, Diablo ?, FIFA ?

I thought that it was an interesting thing to point out, 3rd party games also thrives on Switch despite the output being softer than on other platforms. Sucks that we don't have the names of the 3rd-party games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From Nintendo :
Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, Super Mario Party, Mario Kart, Odyssey, BotW, Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Labo Kit 1, Captain Toad.

From 3rd party :

I thought that it was an interesting thing to point out, 3rd party games also thrives on Switch despite the output being softer than on other platforms. Sucks that we don't have the names of the 3rd-party games.

Cancel my post

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
From Nintendo :

From 3rd party :

I don't think octopath counts as tp title in this case

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Did any 3rd party title hit 1 million on Wii U?

I don't know how comprehensive it is, but even Wiki's list of 1 million+ sellers on the Wii only has 21 3rd party titles, and we just had 8 in 9 months on Switch? This system is a software monster.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Did any 3rd party title hit 1 million on Wii U?

I don't know how comprehensive it is, but even Wiki's list of 1 million+ sellers on the Wii only has 21 3rd party titles, and we just had 8 in 9 months on Switch? This system is a software monster.
Keep in mind that those are not the LTD number of million-sellers. Only those that sold that much between April 18 and December 18.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo, Crash, maybe DBFZ?
The fact that it is hard to guess speaks volume. Rocket League probably, unlikely for DBFZ imo

I'm interested in how many indies have sold 1 Million . Maybe Celeste?
Could Stardew Valley be a part of this?

Hollow Knight sold 250k in 2 weeks. Stardew already crossed 1m last year, I doubt it sold than much during that time frame. Rocket League is very likely, maybe Overcooked 2 ?

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath Traveler should be considered a first party million seller considering it's a million seller in the West, where Nintendo publishes it.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
The fact that it is hard to guess speaks volume. Rocket League probably, unlikely for DBFZ imo

Hollow Knight sold 250k in 2 weeks. Stardew already crossed 1m last year, I doubt it sold than much during that time frame. Rocket League is very likely, maybe Overcooked 2 ?
It is tough to gauge, especially since indies/digital release do well. FIFA 19 seems like a decent candidate, Overcooked 2, Crash, Diablo 3... not sure. We know VC4 didn't. Doubt VC1 sold 1m on eShop.

Stardew Valley is for sure part of this:

https://www.destructoid.com/stardew...ne-million-copies-sold-on-switch-500532.phtml

Overcooked had sold half a million at that Point (April 28th), maybe it has also reached a million.
This is saying games sold 1m during this 9 month stretch. Not 1m lifetime. So Stardew would need to sell 1m in addition to being near 1m, which it could have done. The multiplayer update + always being in the Best Sellers means a steady flow of sales.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
I think Dead Cells is one of them, depending on the interview from the developpers saying they don't remember which from the PC and Switch version sold more after confirming PC version is over 1 million.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Could Starlink be one of them ? it seemed to have underperformed, but I don't know anymore

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Diablo 3, Minecraft would be likely.. then there's a few possibilites. Crash, comes to mind.

It isn't. It's a Square Enix published/developed and owned game published by Nintendo in the west.

In this case it is though, a chart from the documentations even states it's a Nintendo product. 1.08M sales published by Nintendo.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow, didn't expect that many 3rd party games

my guesses:
fifa 18 (because of world cup)
crash bandicoot
mario rabbids
octopath traveler
minecraft

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would guess ...

Octopath
FIFA 18
Minecraft
Mario & Rabbids
Crash
Over Cooked 2
Diablo ?
Dead Cells ?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Changed the tile as Octopath is classified as a first party title.