• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
This is my absolute favorite video game of all time. I ain't joking. As a lifelong Spidey fan, this game is what i dreamed of. And it keeps on giving.
Insomniac, thank you...

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I've already been getting a hankering to boot this game up before I see FFH next week, so this is just icing on the cake!
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nov 14, 2017
Wow, I was hoping that stealth suit would be added back when I was sure Future Foundation wasn't getting in. And now both are in.

Guess I'm gonna have to do another playthrough in the future.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Fantastic! I was planning to start on the season pass content this week after a long break and this is just the icing on the cake.

Love to see this game still getting free content like this!

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Cool! I might dust off my PS4 for this. I love how Insomniac has turned this into a GAAS done right, I wish they'd add more side quests.

Not really. Plenty of games do free content updates.

Yes but high quality costumes are almost never part of "free" content, especially for a single player only game.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is my absolute favorite video game of all time. I ain't joking. As a lifelong Spidey fan, this game is what i dreamed of. And it keeps on giving.
Insomniac, thank you...

The game is special. :) It is the most fun I had playing in 2018, it is the first platinum trophy I ever earned, and it made me a fan of Spider-Man. I didn't care about the comics, movies or games before at all.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
YES

In the middle of a replay and this is exactly what I wanted

I've been using the noir suit for stealth scenes

Oldhand

Oct 28, 2017
thank you . are they related story wise?
YW. It's been a while, so my memory is a little hazy but IIRC it provides more backfill on Captain Yuri and much more on Black Widow. They all tie together, but I don't believe (having not done it myself separately) they would suffer that much from being played in isolation. Best to ask someone that has, and more recently. Anyone?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome they surprise us with so many suits. :D

Exactly what the fans wanted, as it looks exactly as in the movie.

48178735317_ffce51f45f_o.png

48178734817_671c8a4182_o.png

48178734362_fcb76f2c6b_o.png
So good. No other suit feels as good as Raimi, given the entire games pallette fits Raimis films. MCU stuff looks out of place.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Although I really like the suit. It looks dope as hell it kinda hurts to see black instead of blue. But Insomniac, guys. why? Why are you guys so awesome. The movie ain't even here yet and you guys got the skins in the game already. This is what continued support means. F yes for spidey and F yes for Insomniac Games.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
thank you . are they related story wise?

YW. It's been a while, so my memory is a little hazy but IIRC it provides more backfill on Captain Yuri and much more on Black Widow. They all tie together, but I don't believe (having not done it myself separately) they would suffer that much from being played in isolation. Best to ask someone that has, and more recently. Anyone?

All three form a narrative sequel to the main game. The first DLC leads into the second which leads into the third. Characters, including from the main cast, go through new character arcs across the three DLCs.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That's nice but game still has not added the best costume.

b734b2e295bd1895e9b433345c897c25.jpg

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
i really need to start the 3 DLCs. how r they??any good?

Days Gone is great. It's big, it's fun. It's a great game to play and the gameplay loop is addicting if you like that Far Cry/open world/capturing outposts/leveling skills type of stuff. And of course optional stealth, I love stealth, but when it's forced it's not stealth, it's shitty game mechanics. When it's optional (like Metal Gear), it's true stealth and it's fun.

Only negative about Days Gone is it's story/characters. They try to be Naughty Dog and they get there with the graphics, but the story is poorly told and written and the characters are unlikable, with the main character being the top culprit. That said, don't let that negative stop you from playing the game. So far, the most fun I had with a game released in 2019.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Great news! My girlfriend is thinking of playing this game and she loves Tom Holland's Spider-Man, so I'm kinda happy she will have access to this new suit.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Days Gone is great. It's big, it's fun. It's a great game to play and the gameplay loop is addicting if you like that Far Cry/open world/capturing outposts/leveling skills type of stuff. And of course optional stealth, I love stealth, but when it's forced it's not stealth, it's shitty game mechanics. When it's optional (like Metal Gear), it's true stealth and it's fun.

Only negative about Days Gone is it's story/characters. They try to be Naughty Dog and they get there with the graphics, but the story is poorly told and written and the characters are unlikable, with the main character being the top culprit. That said, don't let that negative stop you from playing the game. So far, the most fun I had with a game released in 2019.
good to hear . will give it a try for sure

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Will they have anything left to add to Spidey 2 haha. I guess we shouldnt question Insomniacs creativity.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It looks incredible in gameplay, like photo-realistic, but in cutscenes it doesn't really work :/ the web ribs are just too tall/deep so it looks weird asf, like he's covered in metal
No, he isn't photo-realistic at all, the web pattern is just bad modelled and the shader used is flat as hell, so it makes look cheap and out of this world, since the illumination doesn't affect that shader at all.

Look at this, the model is really really cheap and rushed:

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20190313203726.png

This is how it should look like:

spider-man-3-2007-spiderman-3-alt-poster-spm3-001-39-bkpf72.jpg

And taking the other guy screenshot:

48178735317_ffce51f45f_o.png

Look at those flat yellow reflections, they used a sort of matte shader that doesn't make any sense since it has some prebaked reflection on it that goes all over the place, especially in cutscenes since the reflections are there even in the "side" part of the web pattern (like you can see on top of his head)... it's just a bad looking costume, that's it.

And it's a shame since other costumes are incredibly detailed but on this one they dropped the ball, and it was my most wanted one...

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could easily have sold these and all the previous suits as dlc and they would have sold like crazy but instead they just give them away. It's impressive.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Bought the DLC pass last weekend and haven't launched it yet, the stealth suit will be perfect for Black Cat DLC :)