• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Nice, I've always been interested in it but never pulled the trigger.

Might want to add this to the OP:
Good news! Well, not about your posture. We'll be running a series of blogs for hungry news-eaters like yourself in the next few days, right here on TwoPointStudios.com. We'll be updating the below list with links as they are published.

Wednesday July 24th: Why Two Point Hospital on console is our best version yet – Lauren Woodroffe, Senior UI/UX Designer
Thursday July 25th: What's included in the console version, and why? – Harry Puttock, Writer / Designer
Friday July 26th: Why we can't wait for more people to play Two Point Hospital – Craig Laycock, Brand Director

From: https://www.twopointstudios.com/blog-two-point-hospital-is-coming-to-console/

Last edited:

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Huh. Wasn't expecting that.

Veeeeeeeery curious to see how this would run handheld on a Switch with the small screen size.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Cool.

Been meaning to check this out on PC for a while. For folk who have played: How free form is this? Maybe I just don't remember the tycoon games well enough, but I tried to get in to Prison Architect last year and got frustrated by the game having very clearly defined build orders that tended to encourage fairly standard prison layouts. The first run or two was fun, but it felt like I was being punished (sometimes severely) for diverging from one of the correct paths.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Might want to add this to the OP:

Good news! Well, not about your posture. We'll be running a series of blogs for hungry news-eaters like yourself in the next few days, right here on TwoPointStudios.com. We'll be updating the below list with links as they are published.

Wednesday July 24th: Why Two Point Hospital on console is our best version yet – Lauren Woodroffe, Senior UI/UX Designer
Thursday July 25th: What's included in the console version, and why? – Harry Puttock, Writer / Designer
Friday July 26th: Why we can't wait for more people to play Two Point Hospital – Craig Laycock, Brand Director

From: https://www.twopointstudios.com/blog-two-point-hospital-is-coming-to-console/

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
That's cool. I was close to buying it on my PC due to the Steam Summer Sale, but then I looked at my backlog and didn't bother.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Very happy to hear this. I don't play on PC so I was hoping this would come to consoles. Day 1 purchase for me.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to pre-order the Switch version. I've been waiting for a good tycoon/management type of game. I feel like Prison Architect is the only one out there, but it never went on sale on the eShop (at least for NA).

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
There's a PlayStation Access video about this release. Haven't watched it, but there it is:

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Yeah, I'll be down for the Switch version. I played this obsessively on PC when it first came out, but the chance to play it portably is just too strong a draw.

Has Bean

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, can't wait!! Theme Hospital is one of favorite games ever, hoping this will scratch that itch.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I picked it up during the Steam Summer Sale and have really enjoyed it. Might double dip on the Switch (especially if they have cross save like they do with Civ) but also not sure how well it will work on there.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
In for the Switch version. Playing it with my friend who works in a real hospital is going to be fun.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Cool.

Been meaning to check this out on PC for a while. For folk who have played: How free form is this? Maybe I just don't remember the tycoon games well enough, but I tried to get in to Prison Architect last year and got frustrated by the game having very clearly defined build orders that tended to encourage fairly standard prison layouts. The first run or two was fun, but it felt like I was being punished (sometimes severely) for diverging from one of the correct paths.

The game is easy enough that you can build whatever you want to build, generally. If you create narrow corridors or have patients travel too far though then you will get punished, though.

With all these types of games though there are optimum setups and if you want to get the highest level hospital then you'll need to follow a loose set of guidelines and micromanage your staff. Generally the idea is that you'll need diagnosis rooms to be in the same general, central location with treatment rooms spread around the periphery. Pair with with specialized staff. Room size at a minimum but with items to raise the aesthetics. So yeah, there are standards. But you can ignore most of them early on and if you aren't going for 3 stars in every hospital then it doesn't matter that much.

The game is fantastic though. It's the best "wacky hospital" sim out there. Project Hospital is good too, but for different reasons.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Curious to see handheld performance on Switch, hoping for the best

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Don't sleep on this game people, especially if you loved Theme Hospital back in the day. This is made by the same devs and even uses the same "announcements lady" ingame.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Noice!
giphy.gif

Kamikazekoala

Oct 29, 2017
Funny, played it last week at a friend's home and said to him I would love play this on my PS4. I kinda hoped it would release to consoles, but never expected it would be announced this week xD

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Cool.

There is a sandbox mode however I think it requires that you go through the campaign to unlock the diseases in the sandbox mode. Don't quote me on this as the game had had a lot of updates and it might have changed.

Unless prison architect on console is different the PC version doesn't encourage any build with the exception off:
  • need to have kitchen
  • Without work, your money income is slow.
  • without meeting prisoners needs it requires heavy police force to supress the prisoners

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. The PC version actually had very rudimentary controller support from the beginning, so I always assumed a console port was coming. The Switch version could be amazing if they include touch controls. The game runs on Unity though, so I'm worried about performance.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
As long as performance is decent I will be getting it on Switch...

...man, most of my favourite indie and low/mid-budget PC games are/will be on this portable console (I've already got Slay The Spire, Halcyon 6 and Wargroove, still need to get Transistor, Chroma Squad, Project Highrise and potentially this), I might actually stop lugging my laptop around to play these gems on the move!

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So siked for Console Nation.

2 Point was one of my absolute favorite games last year and has proven to have the legs to keep me coming back.

What a charming, polished & deep title.

Hope it does well for the devs!

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get around to playing this. I used to love Theme Hospital back in the day and I actually work in a hospital, so the interest is even higher. The price point of the PC version just didn't agree with me personally.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get around to playing this. I used to love Theme Hospital back in the day and I actually work in a hospital, so the interest is even higher. The price point of the PC version just didn't agree with me personally.

Be sure to keep an eye on Project Hospital if you're an medical industry vet. Two COMPLETELY different experiences. 2 Point being quirky & funny, Project being hyper-authentic & serious.

Both titles are home runs in their respective lanes.