• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I doubt that something like Ms. Pac-Man or Marvel VS Capcom would last long enough to reach the fabled $50 clearance. lol

I'll be pouncing once they're around $350 or something, personally.

Well, one of the MK ones at my local Wal-Mart hit that, so you never know lol. I kind of wish I would have bought that now.

KnightHero117

Oct 26, 2017
$500!?!? PER CABINET?? Hey Capcom, why don't you release these games digitally already? Or do you not have the license anymore after this lol

Lot of money being left on the table, ah but I remember this is Capcom we're talking about.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
$500!?!? PER CABINET?? Hey Capcom, why don't you release these games digitally already? Or do you not have the license anymore after this lol

Lot of money being left on the table, ah but I remember this is Capcom we're talking about.

Perhaps it's not Capcom paying the license fees for these, but Arcade 1Up (much like Farsight Studios used to do for their pinball reproductions). And perhaps those fees are why the prices are so high on these.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Is there a release date and price for the pinball machines? Always dreams of owning one and I think this is the closest I'll ever get.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I modded a Pacman over the last few months, a lot of fun. But I really really want pinball and I want to add 50 tables to it.

KnightHero117

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps it's not Capcom paying the license fees for these, but Arcade 1Up (much like Farsight Studios used to do for their pinball reproductions). And perhaps those fees are why the prices are so high on these.
Yeah you're probably right, its just frustrating watching a beloved series and its fans get treated like this. Capcom has no problem spending money on a new MVC (looks at MVC Infinite) yet its too much for them to re-release much older games. Some arcade cabinet company has to do it for you but charge insane prices for them.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Some of these have gone up for pre-order on Best Buy!

And uh... most of them are around $500, MvC included.

I'll be waiting for a sale. lol

EDIT: Didn't see that MvC comes with a stool and light-up marquee. I wonder if it'll have Sanwa parts like MSH did.

Oh and they've confirmed that MvC and XvSF will have WIFI online.
Fuuuuuuuuck! I told myself I was "in" for the MvC cab no matter what but I wasn't expecting $500. Now I need to decide if I can wait to see if they get down to the $350-range. I'd never forgive myself if they sold out though.
That stool is pretty lame tho; I'd rather have seen the MvC logo or something rather than just Marvel characters.

Last edited:

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn, I haven't had a cab since the days of being able to go to arcade auctions and grab a decent shape conversion cab for $250-300 or a candy cab for under $500. Clearly this thing is more expensive than cabs used to be, but it seems like the cost of actual cabs in good condition has skyrocketed, and as it's a licensed product, I get it.

I'd love to have a cab again, but between the cost of a unit now, and the fact that a full neo 27 would never fly in my adult living room, one of these might be a bit more reasonable and I could easily throw a MISTER in it. It's not what I really want, but I don't see being able to do what I really want until I own a place with a basement anyway...

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn, I haven't had a cab since the days of being able to go to arcade auctions and grab a decent shape conversion cab for $250-300 or a candy cab for under $500. Clearly this thing is more expensive than cabs used to be, but it seems like the cost of actual cabs in good condition has skyrocketed, and as it's a licensed product, I get it.

I'd love to have a cab again, but between the cost of a unit now, and the fact that a full neo 27 would never fly in my adult living room, one of these might be a bit more reasonable and I could easily throw a MISTER in it. It's not what I really want, but I don't see being able to do what I really want until I own a place with a basement anyway...

I've had a few full size cabs over the years and took the plunge on the Mortal Kombat Arcade 1 Up. I quickly bought Golden Tee and scored a SF2 at Wal Mart for $75. They work out great, I can move them around easily, modded the SF2 with higher quality joysticks, buttons, and a Pi3. No regrets here, I'm aiming for the NBA Jam once they drop in price.

nawghtyhare

Dec 18, 2017
i have no problem with the $500 price for the mvc cabinet
but it seems that's the special edition cabinet
and it includes wifi online play
with leaderboards
with the light up marquee
and the stool
im sure the other version of the mvc one
will be cheaper

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I have the TMNT cabinet + riser and it is fantastic.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Some of these have gone up for pre-order on Best Buy!

And uh... most of them are around $500, MvC included.

I'll be waiting for a sale. lol

EDIT: Didn't see that MvC comes with a stool and light-up marquee. I wonder if it'll have Sanwa parts like MSH did.

Oh and they've confirmed that MvC and XvSF will have WIFI online.

I'm guessing no Ethernet ports on these machines? Either way, probably shouldn't expect incredible online play from these machines.

So I noticed the blue strips around the edges of the cabinet. For the previous Marvel machine strips on the edges being blue was used to denote that the machine DID NOT come with Sanwa parts and Sanwa parts are not mentioned in the product description so keep that in mind. I believe those strips were colored yellow on the Marvel machine that came with Sanwa parts. Also, I believe the variant that came with Sanwa parts could only be purchased through their site (though they may have sold it elsewhere later on).

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
I only ever saw the turbo version in arcades growing up, it wasn't until I started playing the Namco Museum stuff that I found out it was a special mod. It's way more fun on turbo lol

Yes initially that's true, but Midway and Namco eventually caved and officially released arcade cabs with them installed. I don't get the logic of not having it in these, honestly Ms. Pac-Man isn't really worth playing on normal speed.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Alls I wants is the TMNT one but I'd probably be less desperate for it if they'd put the arcade games on consoles or something.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
What is Ms Pac-Man Turbo? Is that like the great Tengen port with the Pac Boost option and the Strange, Big, and Mini mazes?

Last edited:

nawghtyhare

Dec 18, 2017
I'm guessing no Ethernet ports on these machines? Either way, probably shouldn't expect incredible online play from these machines.

So I noticed the blue strips around the edges of the cabinet. For the previous Marvel machine strips on the edges being blue was used to denote that the machine DID NOT come with Sanwa parts and Sanwa parts are not mentioned in the product description so keep that in mind. I believe those strips were colored yellow on the Marvel machine that came with Sanwa parts. Also, I believe the variant that came with Sanwa parts could only be purchased through their site (though they may have sold it elsewhere later on).
havent had issues on my end for online
others have cause their internet isnt good/strong

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Alright so there is no license issue and we should demand these Capcom Marvel games get released on modern platforms instead of buying a dumb cabinet

Yes. A compilation of the Capcom/Marvel games on ALL platforms - Switch, Xbox One, PS4 on a Gamecard/Blu-Ray discs, as well as bringing them onto PC. And make them the following:

Arcade versions of
  • X-Men: Children of the Atom,
  • Marvel Super Heroes,
  • X-Men Vs. Street Fighter,
  • Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, &
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom 1.
Also:
  • Add Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 & use the Xbox 360 version.
  • Add Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems & X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse from SNES.
  • Add online play to each of them using something like GGPO netcode.

Oct 25, 2017

No. These are licensed as toys. Getting the license for games on modern platforms is more of a challenge.

Continuing to sell a licensed Disney game on a digital platform for many years comes with more issues than getting a few thousand physical cabs built and distributed.

It might not seem that way to you, but that's how it is. Please keep your expectations in check.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
No. These are licensed as toys. Getting the license for games on modern platforms is more of a challenge.

Continuing to sell a licensed Disney game on a digital platform for many years comes with more issues than getting a few thousand physical cabs built and distributed.

It might not seem that way to you, but that's how it is. Please keep your expectations in check.

I know it's tough because Disney owns Marvel. And as you can tell throughout this thread, I'm not the only one who wants this to happen.

I'm just thankful I still have MvC 2 on Dreamcast.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
What is Ms Pac-Man Turbo? Is that like the great Tengen port with the Pac Boost option and the Strange, Big, and Mini mazes?
I honestly don't know too much about it either, but I think it's just a mod of Ms. Pac-Man that gained a whole lot of popularity.

m.youtube.com

The Ms. Pac-Man Turbo "Killscreen" @ Game Grid Arcade

http://gamegridarcade.com - Player "JA" came in today and confidently took on Ms. Pac-Man Turbo, reaching a fabled "Killscreen" and setting the new high scor...

I have no idea how old it is, but it's the only Ms. Pac-Man I ever see these days in arcades and barcades. IMO it's a loooot more fun, I was never really a fan of the Pac-Man games until playing the turbo mod.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man i really want that marvel vs capcom cabinet but 500 is too steep especially since i plan on buying the ps5 this year. if there's some black friday deal i might have to go for it though. one of my childhood dreams is owning an arcade and i got the space for it too.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a few full size cabs over the years and took the plunge on the Mortal Kombat Arcade 1 Up. I quickly bought Golden Tee and scored a SF2 at Wal Mart for $75. They work out great, I can move them around easily, modded the SF2 with higher quality joysticks, buttons, and a Pi3. No regrets here, I'm aiming for the NBA Jam once they drop in price.
I have the TMNT cabinet + riser and it is fantastic.

Thanks, I jumped in on the MvC cab. It's gonna be a very expensive season for me, but tweaking this will be a fun project.

-edit- Yikes, the estimated ship date is Nov 2nd instead of Oct 2nd now.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I jumped in on the MvC cab. It's gonna be a very expensive season for me, but tweaking this will be a fun project.

-edit- Yikes, the estimated ship date is Nov 2nd instead of Oct 2nd now.
Their dates are always further out. People that pre ordered NBA Jam got theirs a month before the estimated date.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
No turbo mode on Ms Pac-Man is unforgivable. That's what people are actually nostalgic for. Most people probably never even played without it, because regular speed sucked, so no arcade used it. Total dealbreaker.

I am pretty excited about the pinball, though. I'll pick one up if I see it at Costco.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
My Marvel VS Capcom cab has shipped out from Best Buy and should be here tomorrow!

I'll post pics once I'm done assembling it. :)

Nov 28, 2020
I didn't even know the marvel ones came out yet, damn. Would kill for that Xmen vs SF one. I got a TMNT one on a random sale from Walmart for $199 one night, maybe I can get taht again someday (doubt it)

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I wonder if they are going do additional runs of the previously released machines. I'd really like to get the Mortal Kombat and TMNT cabs, but I didn't buy them as I don't have anywhere to put them. If they re-released them I'd buy both and just keep them in the box in our storage until the day comes where I have space to set them up.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well if you're interested, someone on YouTube got a hold of one!
They're using the Euro version of the rom? Isn't that bad, because it runs at 50hz or something? I swear I read something when I was trying to reduce input lag on Retropie that using the euro version was not as good as the US version.
Other than that, the whole package looks good with the stool and all

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Wanted to get the MvC cab but it's exclusive to US which is really shitty. I would get the XvS but the game lineup isn't as good (and I just prefer the look of the MvC cab)

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Can't believe ms pac man doesn't have turbo mode. Whole thing is a fucking joke without it

No official version of Ms Pac-Man has ever released with turbo mode. It's a hack, a mod. I know people expect it here because it's being housed in an arcade cab exterior but it's still just an officially licensed release of the game so there's no possible way it was ever going to include this mod. Better bet is to hunt down the real thing. That's still one of my dream buys.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
No official version of Ms Pac-Man has ever released with turbo mode. It's a hack, a mod. I know people expect it here because it's being housed in an arcade cab exterior but it's still just an officially licensed release of the game so there's no possible way it was ever going to include this mod. Better bet is to hunt down the real thing. That's still one of my dream buys.

That's not true. Both the 20th and 25th Anniversary cabinets include Turbo mode. I believe the new Pixel Bash one does as well but can't find a confirmed listing (pretty sure I emailed them once and they did confirm).

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, well did not know that. Don't recall the turbo mode when I ran into the anniversary cabinets. Maybe it was an option that wasn't turned on? I recall being disappointed when I played them.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they are going do additional runs of the previously released machines. I'd really like to get the Mortal Kombat and TMNT cabs, but I didn't buy them as I don't have anywhere to put them. If they re-released them I'd buy both and just keep them in the box in our storage until the day comes where I have space to set them up.

There was an interview with John D from A1U where he mentioned they were planning a re-release of the SFII cabinet with online support, as well as variations of Gen 1 cabinets. We're not going to see the Asteroids or Williams cabinets again, but we might see them come back as 12-in-1 cabinets.

IIRC John D confirmed on Twitter that the TMNT cab isn't coming back, presumably due to the licensing. Good news is A1U made a ton of those cabinets, so you can still find them in stock at some Walmarts. If you think you'd want one I'd recommend getting one now, otherwise you'll be stuck hunting for a used one on eBay or Craigslist.

Ah bummer, I was looking forward to your pics and impressions

My pre-order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I can't promise pics but I can give my impressions.

Well if you're interested, someone on YouTube got a hold of one!

Thanks for the heads up. One thing that stood out to me was the light-up deck protector. I've seen other Youtube reviews of the Pac-Man & NBA Jam cabs with the same feature and I didn't care for it, but seeing the control graphic outlines light up it looks sweet as hell. I'm sratching my head at how that effect was pulled off. I assume some sort of photo-reactive ink on the panel or something.

They're using the Euro version of the rom? Isn't that bad, because it runs at 50hz or something? I swear I read something when I was trying to reduce input lag on Retropie that using the euro version was not as good as the US version.
Other than that, the whole package looks good with the stool and all

You're thinking of console games running in regions where TV sets were built for PAL standard broadcasts. I don't have any knowledge of European arcade machines, but I'd assume Capcom's fighting game arcade cabs ran at 60 fps in all regions.

Not sure why they went with the Euro rom. At first I thought maybe there was only a JP/English rom for the game, but there is a USA rom.