• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IGN held an interview with 1Up about the cabinets and I'll try and find it. HERE is IGN's write-up on the announcement and I've quoted them below.

All the new cabinets can be found on their webpage! Most are set to release later this year with pre-orders not yet available.

I'll update with pictures and info as it comes out. NOTE there are two Marvel vs Capcom cabinets!

Marvel vs Capcom (picture via Wario64 on twitter)
EaL57EfVAAANuNM

Marvel Cabinet: Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom.

X-Men vs Street Fighter
xmenvstreetfighter_shopify_1000w_04_600x.png

X-Men Cabinet: X-men: Children of the Atom, X-Men; Mutant Apocalypse, X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom.

Big Buck Hunter Arcade Cabinet
buckhunter_shopify_1000w_04_600x.png

Finally, Arcade1Up has partnered with Play Mechanix to bring its Big Buck Hunter franchise to a mid-sized machine. The first Arcade1Up cabinet to feature lightguns, it will be modeled after the original Big Buck Hunter Pro cabinet, but will feature content from four different games in the series: Big Buck Hunter Pro, Big Buck Hunter Pro Open Season, Big Buck Safari and Big Buck Safari Outback.

Marvel Pinball (working with Zen Studios)
marvelpinball_shopify_1000w_04_600x.png

Marvel Digital Pinball is a little more left-field, taking Zen Studios' well-known digital pinball game and housing it inside a physical table. The table features an accelerometer to allow for real nudging in the digital game, solenoid-enabled buttons for proper feedback, and a 24" recessed screen. The machine will include 10 pre-loaded Marvel tables from Zen, which can be accessed from user controls where you'd usually find the table's coin slot.

Ms. Pac-Man
mspacman_shopify_1000w_04_600x.png

Ms. Pac-Man is a recreation of the original cabinets, coming in multiple form factors. Ms. Pac-Man has been at the centre of licensing battles over the years, making this a major coup for Arcade1Up, and marks the first time the arcade version has been available in an at-home format. It will be available to pre-order later this year.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Saw MvsC and XMenvsSF in title and got excited only to be disappointed to find out they are cabinets....

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright so there is no license issue and we should demand these Capcom Marvel games get released on modern platforms instead of buying a dumb cabinet

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, they even put XMen: Mutant Apocalypse in the Xmen vs Street Fighter cabinet?!?
I'm going to buy it i think...

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
It's a hell of a deal for an arcade cabinet. Now I just need to find room for one lol.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
That X-Men cabinet has Mutant Apocalypse...the SNES game. So weird.

It's a beautiful cabinet tho. I would never buy one of these things, but having COTA and XvSF together is a dream.

Oct 27, 2017
Very interested in a not $10k pinball machine even if its half length playfield.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this straight. XMen: COTA, XMen vs SF and MvC 1 in one cab? Yes please I'll take it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Would really enjoy playing MSH and X-Men vs Street Fighter on PS4. Both much better than MvC.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This tweet shows a different lineup. No SNES game, no COTA, but both of the Marvel Super Heroes games.

There are two cabinets. One is more marvel game focused while the other has X-Men games.

Marvel Cab; Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom.

X-Men cab; X-men: Children of the Atom, X-Men; Mutant Apocalypse, X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I wish I could buy one in Costa Rica, since importing one of those cabinets must be expensive as hell...

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
i think ppl are missing that there are two Capcom cabs lol.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Would really enjoy playing MSH and X-Men vs Street Fighter on PS4. Both much better than MvC.

Capcom and Marvel could and should do a 25th Anniversary collection for all the vs. arcade games.

Children of the Atom came out in 1995. With this lineup?

COTA
MSH
XvSF
MSHvSF
MvC
MvC2

I'd drop $40 on it.

There are two cabinets. One is more marvel game focused while the other has X-Men games.

Marvel Cab; Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom.

X-Men cab; X-men: Children of the Atom, X-Men; Mutant Apocalypse, X-Men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom.

I see now. Thanks.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Good to see them expand into light gun cabinets. That gives me hope we might finally see racing cabs. But all I need is a release date on that Revenge of Death Adder they announced a while ago.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Or you can just throw away their crappy emulation and put in real arcade boards instead.