• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It makes no sense to view all this evidence coming forward about her harassment complaint as somehow supporting her sexual assault claim. This is yet another situation in which she strangely complained to someone about being the victim of a minor crime instead of a major one. Maybe there are reasons for that (she wouldn't want to share that with her husband, perhaps) but that doesn't make it evidence of the more serious charge.
No words...should have sent a poet

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It makes no sense to view all this evidence coming forward about her harassment complaint as somehow supporting her sexual assault claim. This is yet another situation in which she strangely complained to someone about being the victim of a minor crime instead of a major one. Maybe there are reasons for that (she wouldn't want to share that with her husband, perhaps) but that doesn't make it evidence of the more serious charge.

It probably wasn't "minor" if her husband's statement says that it traumatically affected her.

Nov 13, 2017
The democrats have slammed the GOP, and rightly so, for its sexism and bigotry. The party should be applauded for that. However they should also apply this philosophy to Biden. Otherwise, ignoring this would mean the Democrat's criticsm against GOP's sexism is called into dispute.imo

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't really move the needle as this just speaks to her 2019 accusation, which Biden never really denied. Unless there is some evidence that speaks specifically to her 2020 accusation of assault, we aren't going to move out of this area of limbo.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It's the party's process for vetting a candidate, they don't have to proceed this way.
I mean the party did vet him and found nothing. Journalists vetted him and found nothing. People followed up with reade multiple times and she never mentioned the sexual assault until after it was just Biden and Bernie. So this certainly isn't the fault of the DNC.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has any one doubted the original allegation of harassment in the office? This seems to be further in line with the Vox article about the original claim from last year, but not the new claim that journalists have been unable to confirm. These don't appear to be referring to the same events.

People appear to be conflating events.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly and it sucks! I completely agree. But guess what? I'm voting for Biden because the other option is essentially the end of America. Afterwards, we can vote purely on our ideologies, but in the meantime, make your fucking choice.
I'm not American so I don't really have a vote/say in the matter. I'd just rather he step down out of the race and give his position to anyone else. Staying in is a slap in the face to the #MeToo movement.

But I won't derail any further with primary talk.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The democrats have slammed the GOP, and rightly so, for its sexism and bigotry. The party should be applauded for that. However they should also apply this philosophy to Biden. Otherwise, ignoring this would mean the Democrat's criticsm against GOP's sexism is called into dispute.imo

It makes the democrats' criticism seem like politics.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Has any one doubted the original allegation of harassment in the office? This seems to be further in line with the Vox article about the original claim from last year, but not the new claim that journalists have been unable to confirm. These don't appear to be referring to the same events.

Tons of people think she's making it all up yes.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are two Separate Allegations at the moment. The 1993-2019 Allegation that she Endured Harassment at the hand of Staffers etc. in Joe Biden's Office. This divorce document backs up the 1993-2019 Allegations of Harassments in the office.

Her recent Escalation to outright Sexual Assault is an entirely different matter.

Zamorro

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
You can watch the entire video here:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?323601-1/senate-ceremonial-swearing-vice-president-biden

He hugs with everybody. Boys, girls, men, women, not just girls.

Of course it looks bad if you take little one second clips only with girls and put them on repeat all next to each other.

It makes it look like he is singling them out which is not the case if you see it in context.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

The campaign's official stance is "nothing happened." I look forward to the sequel, "Okay something happened but it wasn't what she said it was." Then the trilogy's climactic final chapter "Ok yeah, he did it but—."

Exactly and it sucks! I completely agree. But guess what? I'm voting for Biden because the other option is essentially the end of America. Afterwards, we can vote purely on our ideologies, but in the meantime, make your fucking choice.

Oh my god shut up. I am so fucking sick of you people jumping into every one of these threads about the veracity of a sexual assault allegation to assert that absolutely everyone is under strict moral obligation to vote for a possible rapist. "Don't you go and start having doubts about electing Biden just because of the increasing likelihood that he is actually a monster, now!"

I intend to vote for Biden should he be on the ballot in November. This is not about that.

www.delawareonline.com

Coons addresses infamous photo of Biden, daughter during swearing-in ceremony

“She did not think of it as anything,” Sen. Chris Coons told The Washington Post. “All three of my kids have known Joe their whole lives.”

"Well her dad said it was cool."

Oct 25, 2017

Ummm...Biden and his cronies doubt it, and very loudly.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
literally nobody doubts this part of the story. There is mountains of evidence that she told people she felt mistreated at work. It's not the claim that has her in the spotlight as she has never even claimed Biden was aware of this

this part of the claim was:
Biden made her uncomfortable by touching her
Someone (not Biden) told her Biden liked her legs and wanted her to serve cocktails
She complained and was later sidelined and quit
Biden probably doesn't know why she left (her words) because he didn't bother to know anyone

Biden has admitted violating people's personal space and making them uncomfortable

Right, this all syncs together with her original allegations from last year, not the rape allegations from this year.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
why is it relevant what the victim's politician father says about this? shouldn't they ask the victim herself instead?

I'm not posting links because she's a private citizen and she doesn't have to say anything if she doesn't want to—but 30 seconds of internet searching showed me that she's currently working for the Biden campaign.

People should stop posting that gif.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

https://www.c-span.org/video/?323601-1/senate-ceremonial-swearing-vice-president-biden

Of course it looks bad if you take little one second clips only with girls and put them on repeat all next to each other.

It makes it look like he is singling them out which is not the case if you see it in context.

So what you are saying is he gropes and improperly touches everyone? How does that make it any better?

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
It doesn't matter. What women go through doesn't matter. What happens to the men whose lives they affect is all that matters. Such is the judgment of human civilization from time immemorial.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ummm...Biden and his cronies doubt it, and very loudly.

That's the assault/rape claim and the claim about filing a complaint about it.

This is about the harassment at the work place either from staffers/Biden, which isn't what has been contested. This would line up perfectly with the original complaint in 2019 which lined up with the complaints from many women about Biden's handsy nature making them uncomfortable.

Vox writer put up a good article on this whole thing and 2019 vs. 2020 claims: https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

OP
OP

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Oh I see, he's a creep to everyone, that makes it so much better.
I'm not posting links because she's a private citizen and she doesn't have to say anything if she doesn't want to—but 30 seconds of internet searching showed me that she's currently working for the Biden campaign.

People should stop posting that gif.
Ah yes because nobody has ever worked for a creepy family friend who made them uncomfortable before. Nope never happened.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

She flinches and pulls away from what is visibly inappropriate contact. In response, he pushes his face even closer and tries to kiss her.

Fuck that and fuck your attempts to paint this shit as anything but unacceptable and disgusting.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

Many of these people are pulling away and are uncomfortable. There is no chance in hell he doesn't realize this. He just doesn't care because he knows who he is and he has the power in the interaction. The fact that he is doing it to everyone literally means nothing. A perv is bound to do that just so that he can use that as justification for doing it to women and children. "I'm like that with everyone!" It's bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017

I din't watch the whole 2 hours, but skipping through, I noticed a trend where guys and older women who were shaking his hand and even patting him on the shoulder got at most, a pat back, and often, he was gazing past them at the next person. Every now and then you'd see a more attractive lady shake his hand, and he would move with her, holding her other arm with his left hand. Watching enough interactions, you can definitely tell when someone grabs his focus.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So what you are saying is he gropes and improperly touches everyone? How does that make it any better?

I dunno

Do you draw a distinction between inappropriate behavior and criminal sexual assault?

Im sure people here consider either of these a disqualifier but I at least care about the distinction

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I see, he's a creep to everyone, that makes it so much better.

Ah yes because nobody has ever worked for a creepy family friend who made them uncomfortable before. Nope never happened.

You think you are being self-righteous but crafting narratives about people being victims based off of random out of context moments is not right.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the assault/rape claim and the claim about filing a complaint about it.

This is about the harassment at the work place either from staffers/Biden, which isn't what has been contested. This would line up perfectly with the original complaint in 2019 which lined up with the complaints from many women about Biden's handsy nature making them uncomfortable.

Vox writer put up a good article on this whole thing and 2019 vs. 2020 claims: https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

Don't move the goalposts. He says "I don't remember any complaint ever having been made." It is absolutely about the harassment. And her being fired for complaining to his staff. And for refusing to be eye candy at the dinner.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't move the goalposts. He says "I don't remember any complaint ever having been made." It is absolutely about the harassment. And her being fired for complaining to his staff. And for refusing to be eye candy at the dinner.

This isn't a complaint made to them? This is in a court document from her ex-husband based on what she told him. Not a complaint filed with Biden's Office, which is what is refuted.

Both can be true. I didn't move any goalposts.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The campaign's official stance is "nothing happened." I look forward to the sequel, "Okay something happened but it wasn't what she said it was." Then the trilogy's climactic final chapter "Ok yeah, he did it but—."

Oh my god shut up. I am so fucking sick of you people jumping into every one of these threads about the veracity of a sexual assault allegation to assert that absolutely everyone is under strict moral obligation to vote for a possible rapist. "Don't you go and start having doubts about electing Biden just because of the increasing likelihood that he is actually a monster, now!"

I intend to vote for Biden should he be on the ballot in November. This is not about that.

"Well her dad said it was cool."
I think some people are trying to have it both ways when they keep posting gifs like these.

If the intent is to establish that Biden has a pattern of touching people inappropriately, and is thus liable to also have a pattern of raping people, then doesn't that undercut the argument that the reason that Tara Reade is the only woman to have alleged rape out of all the woman who have already come forward to complain about Joe Biden's inappripriate touching may very well be that it was a 'one-off' rape? (As gross as that term is... )

OP
OP

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
You think you are being self-righteous but crafting narratives about people being victims based off of random out of context moments is not right.
She was visibly uncomfortable, you'd have to be blind to not see it, I'm not claiming he scarred her for life but it was inappropriate and your attempt to pretend she wasn't uncomfortable in the moment because as an adult she's making use of family connections is just silly

Zamorro

Oct 25, 2017
Many of these people are pulling away and are uncomfortable. There is no chance in hell he doesn't realize this. He just doesn't care because he knows who he is and he has the power in the interaction. The fact that he is doing it to everyone literally means nothing. A perv is bound to do that just so that he can use that as justification for doing it to women and children. "I'm like that with everyone!" It's bullshit.
Most of the people in the video looked uncomfortable the whole time they were there in the room. Probably because of the unfamiliar formal occasion. He is trying to make them feel less uncomfortable. Some of them start smiling after a while.

It may sound weird, but people can sometimes touch each other without a sexual motive. Even in America.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a complaint made to them? This is in a court document from her ex-husband based on what she told him. Not a complaint filed with Biden's Office, which is what is refuted.

Both can be true. I didn't move any goalposts.

This is circular. You wanted to know if anyone doubted the claim of harassment. Yes, plenty of people include Biden doubt it. It's the base for anyone who doubts her credibility.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The only other option is that Biden himself steps down and the convention sorts it out who becomes the Nominee

Unfortunately even in that case it's not like America's going to get a candidate everyone's happy with. The DNC picking a nominee for us is a great way to encourage a huge chunk of the voting bloc to stay home. We're kinda screwed either way at this point.

Really, the only ideal timeline would be one where he never ran at all.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
This is circular. You wanted to know if anyone doubted the claim of harassment. Yes, plenty of people include Biden doubt it. It's the base for anyone who doubts her credibility.
It was obviously a rhetorical question. Sure, there are some people that believe neither, but at least on era, I think most of us at least believe the harassment allegations are largely credible.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the thought of getting wonkish about exactly how much of a rapist is joe biden is... woof. bleak content today.