• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I turn 30 in march. I'm kind of nervous on what it'll bring. Hopefully my 30s go well.. not looking forward to my body hurting all the time.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
30s are pretty cool.

My life markedly improved from like 26, 27, 28 and on. 22 - 26 were fun at times, but super fucking volatile... a Constant mix of moving, being broke, being desperate, settling, things being calm, then being uprooted again, etc... Like age 27 or 28 is when things started to become stable, andd then by 30 things were stable, consistent, no major peaks and valleys.

Then we had a kid at 34 or everythings a fucking roller-coast again because of baby, but hey, that was 4 or 5 solid years of no peaks and valleys. Enjoy it youths.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
30s are better than 20s.

I would never want to be a person whose "glory days" were high school or college.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's your average looking dude in his thirties

surprised-fat-man-isolated-on-260nw-104928239.jpg

You're doomed.

DOOMED.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
3 months till I'm 30. Well, at least I hope my 30s are more interesting than 20s.

OP
OP
Canuckreefer

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
30 isn't old, if you feel old at 30 and look 60 or some shit well that's on you for not taking care of yourself.
Oh I look like In my early 20s and work out regularly
Just that back in the day I used to make fun of older people in their 30s. Now I'm going to be joining that crowd šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
June 1990
Aww shit
Im not going to lie though my later 20s where better and its only going on up(besides me pulling my hamstring playing basketball and having no idea wtf was happening to me and forcing myself to play like an idiot)

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Already 32, in the best shape of my life, doing things I wish I was doing in my teens/twenties.
It's fine.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
30's are awesome. You finally have some money and enough life experience to not be an ignorant 20-something.

40's though...

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm feeling old since 25 so I will probably feel relieved of finally reaching those 30.
Also, during my twenties I had a stable job and lived with a girlfriend, now I'm back with my parents and unemployed but I finally feel like I know what I want from my life. A stable job THAT I LIKE and a girlfriend that LOVES ME.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
29 in January, a girl asked when my birthday was and how old I was, felt so bad when I had to say I'm 28 turning 29.

she's 25 and I'm a old manšŸ‘“

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Safe until the second half of 2020, that said my twenties were a mess so actually roll on thirties.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I never got this, 30s seem like a better version of your 20s if you don't have kids. If you do you were already old anyways

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
30 felt like year 10 of my 20s, it wasn't until 31 when I had that "... shit, wait, no, I'm in my 30s now :(" feeling.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
30+ isn't old anymore. 30-40 will be your best decade because you'll finally have your act together. Look forward to it, my good dude.

I'm looking forward to it, myself.
I'm sorry Finale Fireworker, but you triggered me. This is a statement that really gets under my skin.

I'm so tired of this advice. There's no monolithic truth about what age is best but this trope gets banded about constantly. Your 30s simply bring new problems while other problems tend to fade away. This idea of "having your shit together" is code for "you have a good job, but now you have lots of financial stress". Many people have a kid in their 30s that they didn't have in their 20s, that brings ALL SORTS of new issues (good and bad). Did you buy a house in your 30s? Welcome to hell. Your health probably won't be as good as it was in your 20s, but at least now you're more likely to have health insurance. Are your parents still living? While you're in your 30s you're likely to see their health decline considerably- have fun with that. I know for myself, my 30s have brought with it a greater sense of mortality for both myself and those that I love- and that's something that I couldn't grasp in my 20s. Also, this idea that in your 30s you are magically more comfortable with yourself is highly misleading. You don't wake up at 30 and think "Hey, I know who I am, I am fully confident in myself! All my past insecurities are gone and seem so unimportant." Personal growth is a constant, and guess what; your 30s bring all new questions and challenges that will force you to reevaluate who you think you are. Things like your job/career, personal relationships, what you value, will absolutely be upheaval in your 30s. Your circle of friends is going to change dramatically, and that isn't a bad thing- but it isn't stress free either.

My 30s have been fine, but I think it is absolutely a coping mechanism by many people to say their 30s were better than their 20s. Either they really fucked up their 20s, or they need to tell themselves that they're significantly better off in their 30s because the alternative is too depressing. By all means, enjoy your 30s because they aren't bad, but platitudes like the above need to go away.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
30s are pretty cool.

My life markedly improved from like 26, 27, 28 and on. 22 - 26 were fun at times, but super fucking volatile... a Constant mix of moving, being broke, being desperate, settling, things being calm, then being uprooted again, etc... Like age 27 or 28 is when things started to become stable, andd then by 30 things were stable, consistent, no major peaks and valleys.

Then we had a kid at 34 or everythings a fucking roller-coast again because of baby, but hey, that was 4 or 5 solid years of no peaks and valleys. Enjoy it youths.

I'll echo this. Personally from 25-28 were absolutely the best years I had for all the reasons you gave.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
30s aren't too bad. Stay healthy and have some fun.

I mean sure all your dreams are likely dead but that's alright they were probably dead before your 20s anyway you just didn't know it.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Best wishes to you guys in your 30s. For many this is peak. It was for me. I salute you. I'm 43 and it sucks.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
I've got until October. I'm ready for my dirty thirties. A lot of people don't believe I'm 29 though, black don't crack and all that.