• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Of course every time I'm about to go to bed yt recommends the most random ass video that turns out to be impressive as hell. Not gonna say much except you gotta see this:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, this was directed, written, (and edited?) by Stephen Ford aka Kit Taylor from Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. He was also in Teen Wolf.

This parody was great and very well thought out.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
"Another actor got cancelled, and every movie... and Kanye is running for President"

Hahaha, that damn Karen scene.

"I'm not a boomer, I'm barely a millenial"

addik

Oct 28, 2017
All I can say is this guy randomly followed me on Twitter and so I followed him back a year ago or so... I know he was in a few shows but he seemed to have been struggling especially when Covid hit. I think he did this on a whim (just decided one day he had an idea and wanted to shoot it for the heck of it) and seeing it go viral and bring him some success is pretty cool.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm pleasantly surprised on how well done that was. I intended to kinda skip through it, but I ended up watching the whole thing. That fire shot was so good.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh motherfucker! I was just pitching this idea using Tom Newman's score as temp to plan pacing. Whatever, this is good ffs.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
I am really glad I watched all of that. Most youtube video recommendations tend to be mediocre but that really was something else.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
While the dialogue being mainly topical references was pretty corny, I'll praise the technical skills on display.

Although a bit funny that much like 1917, there is just one token Asian with a speaking role for a film made in 2020. Making this with 2 black dudes and going up against a Karen would have been a more intense boss battle.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
This is really well put together. They walked the fine line of making a parody of current events without showing disrespect for suffering people. Pacing and cinematography are top notch too imo. Would love to see more stuff of this caliber

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
This is really well put together. They walked the fine line of making a parody of current events without showing disrespect for suffering people. Pacing and cinematography are top notch too imo. Would love to see more stuff of this caliber
Aye. They did a great job. My only nitpick would be how they made clever use of hidden cuts only to immediately ruin them with camera pans.

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised on how well done that was. I intended to kinda skip through it, but I ended up watching the whole thing. That fire shot was so good.
I was gonna do the same thing, but from the first shot I was hooked since I loved 1917 and I was curious how they were gonna do certain scenes :D

Just a couple buds having a nap together.

Buddy naps are the best naps, nothing creates a stronger bond.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was amazing.

I went back to watch it again and saw that some other dude made a 1917 rap. lol