• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Just got done with work and about to finally pull the trigger. Can I just cancel when it's set up and keep my 18 months?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Just got done with work and about to finally pull the trigger. Can I just cancel when it's set up and keep my 18 months?

People have said they did and so far everything still works. Personally I'm just going to put a reminder in my calendar to cancel when it gets closer.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Just perused the offerings. Not really much here yet if your not into star trek. The movie selection is not great. They do have some good soccer stuff (CL) The show list isn't great as well. The cool thing is they do have Smithosonian, Which has AIr Disasters, which I love.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
The Good Fight is pretty good, albeit completely looney tunes at times with it's Trump Delusion Syndrome fantasy sequences.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Promocode PLAYOFF didn't work and I'm asking again because I didn't see it answered can I use this, and how easy is it to set up if I already have CBS All Access (with commercials).

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Promocode PLAYOFF didn't work and I'm asking again because I didn't see it answered can I use this, and how easy is it to set up if I already have CBS All Access (with commercials).
If you already have CBS All Access you won't get the deal. I had to use a new email address that had never signed up for CBS. Only reason I can think of that the PLAYOFF code wouldn't work is if you weren't selecting the 99.99 option.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
If you already have CBS All Access you won't get the deal. I had to use a new email address that had never signed up for CBS. Only reason I can think of that the PLAYOFF code wouldn't work is if you weren't selecting the 99.99 option.
Can I cancel my CBS Access now and get this? I dont want to miss this deal. I have commercials so its technically a new plan.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
To anyone wanting to create a new CBS account and use their existing email that is already associated with another CBS account, just change your existing CBS account to some secondary email address you have. And then create a new account with the email address you want. That's what I had to do because apparently I had created a CBS account at some point so it was initially giving me an error. But I followed those steps and it worked.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So what should I watch?

My wife is interested in The Stand but I'm not a King fan. I don't really enjoy Star Trek either.
Whatcha got?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
It worked for me. Is it weird that you can cancel your membership again and it asks if you want to extend it by six more months?

I didn't go through with it, but it says I could extend my membership for free through Jan. 29, 2023.

Seems risky.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It worked for me. Is it weird that you can cancel your membership again and it asks if you want to extend it by six more months?

I didn't go through with it, but it says I could extend my membership for free through Jan. 29, 2023.

Seems risky.

People have said it errors out trying to do it a second time.

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say I appreciate it, my wife recently quit her teaching post to stay home with our son. Finances have obviously dropped and a deal like this provides another option to chill. Thanks!

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Awesome. Subbed until July 29th of 2022.

My dad is currently paying monthly for CBS AA so I told him to go ahead and cancel.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best reason to have CBS AA is having Price is Right on in the background when doing housework. It's basically my Price is Right app.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So as a first time subscriber to CBS All Access, has it always had content for BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon and Smithsonian Channel? Or was that added recently because of the planned transition to Paramount Plus? Or when it transitions are we going to get a lot more content instead of just a name change?
They added Viacom content last summer. It originally launched with just CBS stuff.

Stupid question...what do you get with Amazon Prime in CBS? I noticed they have a category other than the CBS app.
The ability to bypass the crummy cbs app and use the prime video one to watch. Stream quality on prime is also better iirc. Can't beat $10 for 18 months though.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I binge watched ST:Discovery and Lower Decks last week. $9.99 for 16 months is worth it, I wish StarTrek was on regular TV though.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The android tv cbs app is pretty nice. You get 4k and hdr too. Tried it on a roku and it was terrible though. No 4k or hdr.

Oct 25, 2017
I binge watched ST:Discovery and Lower Decks last week. $9.99 for 16 months is worth it, I wish StarTrek was on regular TV though.
I think one of the biggest reasons trek is getting a push right now is to support their streaming platform in certain regions so unfortunately if it werent on cbs all access it probably just wouldnt be happening at all

Last edited:

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I finally get to watch all the Spongebob, Beavis and Butthead episodes I want commercial free for the next 18 months. Thanks, OP

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Worked for me, thanks for sharing OP! Won't use it much but never hurts to have options for that price.

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a crazy loophole with the potential for CBS to fix and revoke. But with CBS AA being $10/month in general, if they do end up fixing it, as long as they do so after March, I'd still be ahead of normal pricing.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could view the catalog somewhere. I'm not a Trek fan and nothing else mentioned in here sounds very appealing to me.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
If you cancel it, will the Sportsline account still be active until July 2022? I don't want to mess with it just in case.
I think he meant why not cancel the second time.

You need to cancel the first time after signing up, because they'll attempt to keep you on after to extend it another 6 months, which is how you get to 18 months eventually with the $9.99. So only do the first cancel to ensure that you get the extra 6 months with the initial $9.99 for the year with the promo code.

To answer his question, I feel that many just have not tried to cancel it the second time so you don't miss the cancel date down the line, but not sure if the membership will stay active like other services that if you cancel early you still get the rest of the sub, which it should, but probably don't want to risk it.