• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
cool worked for me thanks

nothing much on here i'm interested in but at 55 cents a month i'm sure i'll find something that makes it feel worth it

I notice there's a bunch of smithsonian documentaries on it, those any good?

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
It's not a great service now, but if this subscription truly rolls over to Paramount+ when it launches, it might end up being a better service.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Paramount+ content will be announce towards the end of next month. A new Sponge Bob early years show will be in there at launch but not sure what else yet. They are shooting an iCarly reunion season as well but no idea of any non-kids stuff yet.

Aug 7, 2019
Everybody Hates Chris
Jimmy Neutron
The Troop
Penguins of Madagascar
and I can prepare for the returns of iCarly, Rugrats, and Clone High?

Still upset past seasons of Amazing Race aren't on CBS' site as this would be saving me on Hulu right now but thanks for the deal that will take me to my next next birthday, hopefully Paramount+'s first year isn't devoid

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was a big fan of the Console Wars doc on here (and the book is fantastic, you should all read it)

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Is this now dead? It isn't working for me with different emails, choosing the $99 plan, and so on. Could it be my zip code? Anyone that it worked for can you share your zip and I'll try that?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I got this but I regret it since CBS All Access is proving to be a pain to work with. I can't link it to any of my devices. I have a smart TV and there is no app there. No PS5 app, the account can't sync to my AppleTV account, they just want me to sign up for a new one.

Oct 27, 2017
I got this but I regret it since CBS All Access is proving to be a pain to work with. I can't link it to any of my devices. I have a smart TV and there is no app there. No PS5 app, the account can't sync to my AppleTV account, they just want me to sign up for a new one.

I felt the poverty when I saw it wasn't possible to queue stuff?? At least not that I've found.

Can't say I regret it though. Netflix lapsed and there's already plenty for me to watch on here that I haven't seen yet. For one thing, TNG. Also even has the aeon flux cartoon series with full length eps. One of my favorites of all time and kinda stayed obscure since the movie

Last edited:

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Code ROLLBACK should take it down to $25 still. Not as good a deal but if you really wanted it it's still a good price.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Code ROLLBACK should take it down to $25 still. Not as good a deal but if you really wanted it it's still a good price.

Ya, that's still a fantastic price for 18 months of service. You're talking about 72 cents a month versus 56 cents a month. I would hope most people wouldn't mind the extra 16 cents a month.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I felt the poverty when I saw it wasn't possible to queue stuff?? At least not that I've found.

Can't say I regret it though. Netflix lapsed and there's already plenty for me to watch on here that I haven't seen yet. For one thing, TNG. Also even has the aeon flux cartoon series with full length eps. One of my favorites of all time and kinda stayed obscure since the movie

I got a PS5 and an 55" OLED LG SmartTV but the only way I can watch CBS AllAccess is on my 13" laptop.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody Hates Chris
Jimmy Neutron
The Troop
Penguins of Madagascar
and I can prepare for the returns of iCarly, Rugrats, and Clone High?

Still upset past seasons of Amazing Race aren't on CBS' site as this would be saving me on Hulu right now but thanks for the deal that will take me to my next next birthday, hopefully Paramount+'s first year isn't devoid
For real I been looking for The Troop for ages

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad The Stand didn't turn out great, that would have been a must-watch. I hope they release more of the MTV archives when they go Paramount+. Need more Behind the Music!

Oct 29, 2017

I ended up getting it with the ROLLBACK code. Wish I snagged it yesterday for $10 but I can't complain, $25 for 18 months is still great. Hopefully more shows I'm interested in will get added when it becomes Paramount+.

toneroni

Oct 25, 2017
is this worth it? $25 for 12 or 18 mos isnt much but wanted to hear if you guys like it and think its worth it

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
is this worth it? $25 for 12 or 18 mos isnt much but wanted to hear if you guys like it and think its worth it
Depends. The 3 main categories that people would have interest in is the CBS stuff, but also Comedy Central and Nickelodeon.

In addition they have BET, MTV, and the Smithsonian collections, and in March, Paramount+, which should add a lot more stuff too.

They also have the CBS live channel stuff, but that's basically hit or miss depending on what you're looking for.

The network collections do all seem to be complete though, with MTV you'll get stuff like Daria, Beavis & Butthead, and Clone High. Nickelodeon, all of the 90s shows. And so on.

So it depends on what you're particularly interested in. I mean, even the Smithsonian channel if you're a docu buff, but to be honest, looking through it, it appears mostly war stuff, so wasn't of interest to me.

Hope this is helpful.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I got a PS5 and an 55" OLED LG SmartTV but the only way I can watch CBS AllAccess is on my 13" laptop.

Do you have an older OLED? Or outside the US? Because CBS All Access is on my C9, should be on older sets too I would think..

Best part is you can use air mouse navigation of the Magic Remote!

OP
OP

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the update- should I update the thread title so people know the 9.99 deal is dead?

Also I just re watched clone high again what an awesome show, I never knew will forte was the voice for Abe which blew my mind this was before he was on snl

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Do you have an older OLED? Or outside the US? Because CBS All Access is on my C9, should be on older sets too I would think..

Best part is you can use air mouse navigation of the Magic Remote!
It is OLED with an air mouse. I am in the US, got it through Amazon new. Year is 2017.

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
Wish I'd caught it at $10, but at $25 for 18months worth a shot, especially if the move to Paramount+ brings in additional content.

Thanks for the heads up.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA

Depends on how much you like CBS / Nick / Comedy Central / BET / MTV shows and the back catalog of those networks.

As someone who grew up in the 90's watching NIck there's a lot of classic content on there - All That, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Kenan and Kel, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Double Dare, etc... But no Adventures of Pete and Pete or Salute Your Shorts.

Comedy Central has Chappelle's Show and Key and Peele, the roasts, standup specials etc.

Their current movie selection is mediocre, it's Indiana Jones and The Godfather and then largely a bunch of stuff no one has ever heard of or will ever watch.

Noticed a bunch of shows are incomplete. "Real World" for example is missing like 11 seasons, it goes from 4 to 12 and then skips 13, 14 too... The Challenge is missing the first ten seasons.. Cribs is missing the first 15 seasons. Celebrity Death Match is missing the first four seasons. Jackass series and movies are not on there at all.

There's no watch list / queue and no way to rate anything either. So no personalized recommendations. And no curated lists of content from what I can tell.

Overall kinda meh IMO. Their original content is not that interesting and the missing seasons / lack of watch list makes it annoying to watch their back catalog. But for $10 or $25 for 18 months it's fine I guess.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how much you like CBS / Nick / Comedy Central / BET / MTV shows and the back catalog of those networks.

As someone who grew up in the 90's watching NIck there's a lot of classic content on there - All That, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Kenan and Kel, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Double Dare, etc... But no Adventures of Pete and Pete or Salute Your Shorts.

Comedy Central has Chappelle's Show and Key and Peele, the roasts, standup specials etc.

Their current movie selection is mediocre, it's Indiana Jones and The Godfather and then largely a bunch of stuff no one has ever heard of or will ever watch.

Noticed a bunch of shows are incomplete. "Real World" for example is missing like 11 seasons, it goes from 4 to 12 and then skips 13, 14 too... The Challenge is missing the first ten seasons.. Cribs is missing the first 15 seasons. Celebrity Death Match is missing the first four seasons. Jackass series and movies are not on there at all.

There's no watch list / queue and no way to rate anything either. So no personalized recommendations. And no curated lists of content from what I can tell.

Overall kinda meh IMO. Their original content is not that interesting and the missing seasons / lack of watch list makes it annoying to watch their back catalog. But for $10 or $25 for 18 months it's fine I guess.
Yeah, 10 bucks for a year is about right for the content. They only got one season of Bar Rescue for pete's sake

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I passed this info along to eight different people and not a single one thought it was worth it. Fucking OUCH

fenners

Oct 27, 2017

For soccer fans, it's got Champions League + Europa League games. That's what I'm getting it for.