• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, will it just keep adding six months every time you try to cancel?

EDIT: Nope!

cRNghbN.jpg

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Do you really need to email to cancel or is there a way to do that on the website?

At checkout it's telling me you need to email to cancel.

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing deal thank you! My daughter has been binge watching Survivor on Amazon prime and now we can watch the newer season! Plus i get to check out the Stand!

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just worked for me. I was subscribed through Amazon with commercials so this will save me a ton of money and time saved from sitting through commercials. Thanks OP.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Can you add CBS AA to the Prime app after or can you only access CBS AA with a subscription through Prime?

Argos7

Nov 20, 2020
I think he meant why not cancel the second time.

You need to cancel the first time after signing up, because they'll attempt to keep you on after to extend it another 6 months, which is how you get to 18 months eventually with the $9.99. So only do the first cancel to ensure that you get the extra 6 months with the initial $9.99 for the year with the promo code.

To answer his question, I feel that many just have not tried to cancel it the second time so you don't miss the cancel date down the line, but not sure if the membership will stay active like other services that if you cancel early you still get the rest of the sub, which it should, but probably don't want to risk it.
I cancelled the sportsline account and CBS All Access still works.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it worked. Brought up the most recent episode of Star Trek Discovery.

I did go ahead and immediately cancel the sportsline subscrtiption.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just signed up and cancelled got the extension and still have access. Now if only there was a ridiculous deal for Showtime since I only want it to for Desus and Mero lol.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This was in my email box right after I did my real cancellation on sportsline. Says I'm good until end of July of next year.

gA2kYsz.png

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
When it asks me to select a subscription plan, I select the 9.99 one and enter the PLAYOFF promo code beneath it and it says "couldn't find coupon".

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to connect this to my Amazon Prime account, so that I can just use the Prime Video app? The CBS app seems to be awful on my Shield TV (Tube). It's slow and even crashed

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
No, you select the $99, one year subscription. The PLAYOFF code takes the one year subscription from $99 to $9.

Oh geez, I saw 9.99 and assumed. Thanks!

Edit: It worked, thanks OP! I can finally watch some new disappointing Star Trek shows lol (hopefully season 3 of Discovery is much better).

Last edited:

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Is there a way to connect this to my Amazon Prime account, so that I can just use the Prime Video app? The CBS app seems to be awful on my Shield TV (Tube). It's slow and even crashed
I don't believe so. I was checking Amazon's FAQs, and they seem to indicate that you should just access those through those other apps, even on Fire TV.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
9.99 for a year+ of Smithsonain Channels and classic Trek movies is a deal for me. Thanks OP!

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Wow just did it. Thanks so much OP! Will be enjoying all the extra Champions League games at my disposal now!

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
So if i got the extra 6 months (up to July 2022) from doing the first cancel and backing out, if i cancel for real now, will i still keep access to everything?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So to be clear, if I already have a CBS account that's been inactive for a couple months, this won't work with it?