• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sre98p
It takes a tremendous amount of courage to come out, much less to an audience and community of hundreds of thousands.

I wish the best for him. Between this, being born deaf, and being pro at such a young age, Ewok is really inspirational.

Edit: fixed the link

Nov 27, 2019
Wow, good for him.

Even if I knew at 15 what I do today, I don't think I'd have had the guts to come out. Doing so as a streamer/pro player with a following would be completely unthinkable. Super happy on his behalf that he has more courage than I could ever muster.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Super proud and happy for Ewok. He's gone through so much at such a young age, and he's certain to have many more challenges ahead of him being such a public figure. But this is an incredible step and I'm confident his friends, fans, and hopefully family will continue being there to support him.

Last edited:

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Please don't read most of the replies :( to the tweet linking to this. It's really great to see him do this. The gaming community isn't exactly known for being tolerant of trans people so I truly hope with him having the bravery to come out, this helps.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please don't read most of the replies :( to the tweet linking to this. It's really great to see him do this. The gaming community isn't exactly known for being tolerant of trans people so I truly hope with him having the bravery to come out, this helps.

Yeah, I'm really happy for him to come out! I can only imagine how various levels of scary and anxious it can make one feel, but to come out at 15 while being an pro player/streamer takes a lot of guts and courage. I hope nothing but the best for him and I hope that his friends and community continue to stand at his side and support him against the hate.

Sucks that such beautiful moments of clarity are met by a bunch of shitheads :/

NightmareT

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic trolling; account in junior phase.
i didnt know that she/he even exist until today ._.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
whoa for some reason I never expected underage people could become professional streamers

Feb 12, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account
only 15? yikes!

What does your knowledge of the whether the person existed have to do with the topic? I just fail to understand the point of your post.

i would imagine they are surprised they haven't heard of someone so big that this news would warrant a thread. which, it actually doesn't. so they would only be even more confused now!

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
That takes guts especially being so young. Good for him, it will help others.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
15?
May the goddess have mercy of his replies

Lots of "I love jk Rowling" or just the average person with one step o gamergate?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Good for him, FaZe as an organization seems to be very accommodating so that's good to hear.

Had no idea they blew up this big though, they have a crazy amount of pro gamers.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Damn, I was wondering what happened to him after the closure of Mixer! I can't imagine what he's been going through this whole time but it was very brave of him to come out.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
It seems like he's getting a lot of positive energy and good vibes which is amazing to see!

Also, this tweet got me lol

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Good for him. Takes a lot of courage to do it especially with the kind of community that likely follows him. Hopefully he has a lot of people around him to show him support.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
The replies to that tweet are fucking heartbreaking. I hope none of the people that made transphobic responses ever have kids...

Also, good on Ewok for coming out. Couldn't have been easy and I've no doubt he knew the vitriol that would come with that. The kid is definitely much stronger than I am, that's for sure

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
That's brave and I wish him the best.
Btw, I shouldn't read those replies....some people are just insufferable.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow, congrats to him! Maybe it's better for some if you just leave a positive comment and avoid reading the replies which is quite easy to do. Tip the balance of positivity to negativity.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Damn those replies ... lots of "but you are too young to know" and ZERO mentions of puberty blockers ... which means the person just want trans people not to exist =P

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Do people seriously concern troll about people being too young to transition at 15? Wouldn't adolescence be the perfect stage at which to act on transitioning?

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Do people seriously concern troll about people being too young to transition at 15? Wouldn't adolescence be the perfect stage at which to act on transitioning?

I'd think they are the dumbasses still going on with that "it's only a phase, maybe they will change their mind later!" bullshit.
And that's probably the mildest form of bullshit they really believe.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Oh dear, you haven't been following what's been going on in the UK, have you?
Indeed I have not. Hasn't been a great year for keeping up with world news, personally. It's something I do socially usually over lunch and... well, we all know what happened to that. Ironic since I lived in the UK for almost a decade that it'd specifically be something from there but I'll go ahead and educate myself.
-.-'

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
A huge moment for 15 year olds around the world, clearly has a lot of fans and hopefully this will show our younger generation how normal this is.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Hell yeah, good for him!

I wish him nothing but the best, and it's a great way to show other people his age that this can be done and can be normalized.

Tweet comments had the expected clowns saying foul stuff but looked to be overwhelmingly positive which is even better. ❤️

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
I have great respect for his courage. I hope the hate he gets will be minimal and outweighed by the support.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Children are unfortunately one of the largest battlegrounds for transphobia right now. Bigots frequently come up with every excuse in the book to justify why children and teens shouldn't transition. Ranging from false claims of puberty blockers being irreversible, to saying that children't are capable of making such decisions, among other things. Children and teens often have to deal with school systems that are often uncooperative or not supportive of who they are too.

Safe to say, Ewok coming out at his age takes an incredible amount of courage. I couldn't have possibly done that when I was his age.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Children are unfortunately one of the largest battlegrounds for transphobia right now. Bigots frequently come up with every excuse in the book to justify why children and teens shouldn't transition. Ranging from false claims of puberty blockers being irreversible, to saying that children't are capable of making such decisions, among other things. Children and teens often have to deal with school systems that are often uncooperative or not supportive of who they are too.

Safe to say, Ewok coming out at his age takes an incredible amount of courage. I couldn't have possibly done that when I was his age.
Absolutely well said. You were one of the first people I came out to as bi, and I was older then than Ewok is now by a good amount. I can't imagine the guts it takes to come out the way he did on a public platform. Absolutely something to admire.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Good on him for having the courage to come out publicly. And fuck all the people crying about how teens can't make decisions, maybe they should advocate for puberty blockers then. It's always "think about the children" until children speak up for themselves.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If anything that's an argument to put more teens on blockers

Well, yeah.
I just mean, I can't imagine anyone, no matter their age just goes "I wanna be a different gender now!" out of a simple fancy of the moment. Which is basically what many people still believe, especially when it comes to teenagers.
Really, the only decision to make is if one wants to go through with the transition, not what gender one identifies as.
And to make that decision a lot harder for young people by doubting them or even shaming them just seems like trying to convince them to feel less comfortable with themselves, for the sake of just the morons who look down on them.

I really just hate this "just a phase" shit. Like anyone coming out as transgender never ever thought about themselves before.
And as I said, that's probably still the mildest kind of shit people have to deal with every day.

Last edited:

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Incredibly brave to publicly state that, especially at that age and as someone with an audience.
I hope all those factors together don't add up to something that's too hard to handle, but hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Wish him all the best, in any case.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome! I hope his courage brings inspiration and courage to his LGBTQIA+ fans.

Can't imagine doing that at 15 years old as one of the top Fortnite streamers. I'll definitely stay away from reading braindead Twitter replies.