• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do they still make micro machines?

That would be my Forza Horizon DLC guess. You could do pretty much anything but make it big and wonderful from a smaller perspective.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I need Ninja Theory to hit in my veins, but I feel like it's too soon for them.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Some of these posts are so cringe. Yikes.
You taking execs words as gospel is cringe. Have you been around this gen? I can't count the times MS have made something sound waaay better than it turned out being. Either way, it's a cautious comment about what the man said, I'm happy to be proven wrong and have 14 amazing all new first party titles that make me get a box. Relax man, not everything is filled with warrior sprit.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Curb your enthusiasm on this one if you're expecting surprises people.

Halo Infinite
Gears 5
Gears Tactics
Gears Pop
Ori 2
Battletoads
Age of Empires
Minecraft Dungeons
Forza something

Outside maybe Ninja theory's game being revealed, I'd temper expectations.

Well you're certainly going to be surprised as you only listed 9 games. 5 chances for a surprise!

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's rumored to be a LEGO expansion IIRC, similar to Hot Wheels expansion from FH3 but LEGO.
Oh, interesting. I hope it feels more open than the Hot Wheels expansion for Forza Horizon 3. As cool as it was to drive around on those orange Hot Wheels tracks, I hated how linear it felt at times due to the limited number of available paths. I prefer some areas of Fortune Island to the main area, as the layouts of the roads in Fortune Island lend themselves better to route creation, in my opinion.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You taking execs words as gospel is cringe. Have you been around this gen? I can't count the times MS have made something sound waaay better than it turned out being. Either way, it's a cautious comment about what the man said, I'm happy to be proven wrong and have 14 amazing all new first party titles that make me get a box. Relax man, not everything is filled with warrior sprit.

I've found when people say something similar they mean they want Microsoft to make exact clones of Sony first party games but better. That's the only way they will buy an Xbox. In other words, you aren't buying an Xbox you are just trying to prove you're not a fanboy by saying "if the impossible happens I'll get an Xbox guys see I'm not a fanboy!". It's obvious but it's also ok to be a fanboy :)

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
"The Initiative proudly presents"
"Crimson Skies"

That would be a dream. When Phil announced OG Xbox BC with Crimson Skies, I was hopeful that it meant the franchise may have a future, but that doesn't seem likely.

Then again, I would have said the same of Baldur's Gate a few years ago, so hope springs eternal...

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Awesome. My 14 game (including DLC) prediction -

- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears POP
- Gears Tactics
- Forza Horizon 4 DLC
- Forza Street
- Cuphead DLC
- Bleeding Edge (Ninja Theory)
- The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)
- Wasteland 3 (InXile)
- The Bard's Tale IV (InXile)
- Minecraft DLC
- Battletoads
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Awesome. My 14 game (including DLC) prediction -

- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears POP
- Gears Tactics
- Forza Horizon 4 DLC
- Forza Street
- Cuphead DLC
- Bleeding Edge (Ninja Theory)
- The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)
- Wasteland 3 (InXile)
- The Bard's Tale IV (InXile)
- Minecraft DLC
- Battletoads

Cuphead isn't a XGS game.

Forza Street.. nah ;)

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
It might sound lame but if Gears 5, Ori, and Halo Infinite all have amazing showings I'll be more than satisfied with this conference.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man, after the hype of new studios has passed I really don't care for any of the teams they've brought in besides Ninja Theory. Gears and Halo are dope. But they have nothing AAA that's exciting outside of established franchises. Maybe it's the death stranding effect but they should honestly let the coalition make a new game or a something

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Man, after the hype of new studios has passed I really don't care for any of the teams they've brought in besides Ninja Theory. Gears and Halo are dope. But they have nothing AAA that's exciting outside of established franchises. Maybe it's the death stranding effect but they should honestly let the coalition make a new game or a something

Can't have it all. I think it's a very diverse lineup of studios. Playground working on Fable 4, seeing what Obsidian does next after The Outer Worlds, Rare working on a new game.

But it will take time.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I've found when people say something similar they mean they want Microsoft to make exact clones of Sony first party games but better. That's the only way they will buy an Xbox. In other words, you aren't buying an Xbox you are just trying to prove you're not a fanboy by saying "if the impossible happens I'll get an Xbox guys see I'm not a fanboy!". It's obvious but it's also ok to be a fanboy :)
lol I already know I'm a fanboy...particularly this gen. But I used to be a Nintendo fanboy, and before that a Genesis one (Phantasy Star Online days baby). My point is Phil is master of PR talk and hyping things up, and for me, haven't always lived up to it. I don't want clones of Sony, I just want something must-have.
And genuinely this is the first time practically all gen that I'm looking forward to a MS presser. I think Halo Infinite could be a new starting point for the series and 60fps AAA titles I simply don't see enough of.

But yeah, there was some tongue in cheek, but not ill-willed, I don't think MS should try and do what Sony does and instead make Halo the 10/10 game it used to be, do something cool with Minecraft maybe, make Gears a must-have again, new IP reveals etc...I love Nintendo, but nobody seems to be able to match Mario games quality. So why bother? Just do your own thing. I think Sony acquiring a bunch of good story-tellers has been there DNA since forever now, that's not really what I'm looking for with Xbox.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I have to say, if the 14 game list is identical to the one in the OP I'll be sad because that's a whole lot of stuff we already know about. E3 has always been about things I didn't already know about for me.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Are they showing the new xbox also???
It would be amazing if it launched this year. I think it would be fine to not have exclusives because of the insane backwards compatibility. Probably not gonna happen though. I think if they're not launching this year then we won't see the box. They'll just talk about it a little.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Let's count:
- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- Minecraft: Dungeons
- Minecraft
- Wasteland 3
- The Outer Worlds
- Sea of Thieves
- Forza Horizon 4
- Ninja Theory's next game
- Battletoads
- Master Chief Collection
- Age of Empires 2 or 3?
- Age of Empires 4

15 games. Guess Age of Empires 4 isn't happening.
MCC and Age 2&3 are PC Gaming Show or Inside Xbox. Maybe Gears Tactics as well. I don't think they'll show anything on this stage that doesn't apply to Xbox, just look at how they announced PC Gamepass.

I think only one Minecraft game and Fable will be there (Just my two cents). Halo and Gears were surprised last year, they need a new headline game.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I dont expect more than a teaser, but I do expect to be shown what the Initiative is working on. Everything else is just gravy.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Give me Halo Inf, Age of Empires 4 and Crimson Skies: Skylight ...during E3.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo been gone for so long, feels like its very much needed.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
It's likely for some games to be shown the next day at Inside Xbox - Gears Pop would probably for better here for example

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I want to be excited, but I assume they're counting dlc for games we already have. If it's all new stuff though, badass!

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Let's count:
- Halo Infinite
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- Minecraft: Dungeons
- Minecraft
- Wasteland 3
- The Outer Worlds
- Sea of Thieves
- Forza Horizon 4
- Ninja Theory's next game
- Battletoads
- Master Chief Collection
- Age of Empires 2 or 3?
- Age of Empires 4

15 games. Guess Age of Empires 4 isn't happening.

That's an underwhelming list for me aside from Halo and Gears 5. I need at least one megaton surprise. Come on Phil!

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
really looking forward to this conference.

Fable and hopefully a teaser for the Initiatives next Game