• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I don't think Turn10 is ready to unveil the next Forza game yet. My guess is Playgrounds with the Horizon Expansion.

14 titles sounds deceiving, but that's still a ton of games.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
"Session" is an Xbox Studios game? It said exclusive last year so I assumed first party

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ori 2 is exciting enough for me. Hoping for at least one unannounced game to be equally as exciting.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
They can't really use the Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive trademark anymore, so I guess they move on to Xbox Game Studios trademark now.

Hope they back up their 14 games statement this time with actual quality and not show middleware like previous years.

(Warning: Not saying their previous conferences were bad or that no good quality games were shown)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Outer Worlds isn't an Xbox Game Studios is it? Unless Microsoft purchased the rights from Take Two and assumed publishing responsibilities.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Look here... A guy spending 99 % of his time on MS threads console warring inspite of Death Stranding not confirmed for PC. Woah what a surprise!

Forum would be better without fanboys like this.

On topic - excited to see playground, infinite and gears!
I really don't care where DS launch, to be honest found the date trailer so terrible that couldn't even finish it.

But it's annoying having every single Ms thread get shit for unrelated stuff, I do agree it's best to have the forum without it, but I though that perhaps a jab reply would get the discussion back on track.

Either way, better to stick on topic indeed

This thread is about the upcoming 14 XGS games. Do not derail the thread with talk about exclusivity status from other systems or other needless comparisons and generalizations.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready for E3.

Jez mentions in his podcast that they are also creating a new studio. Could they reveal the new studio at the show?

Whoa, and he wasn't talking about The Initiative? That's really interesting. I could see them mentioning it, they announced The Initiative despite being incredibly early in the studio's life.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
giphy.gif

Arghhh shouldn't have done that Phil, you shouldn't have done that, now everyone's gonna go into this thinking we're getting a bunch of new IP's when we'll probably get like one, two tops.

It's gonna be like E3 2017 where Phil said 22 console exclusives or something and it turned out to be a bunch of timed indies, some of which haven't materialized (Ooblets, Artful Escape, The Last Night etc).

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
They can't really use the Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive trademark anymore, so I guess they move on to Xbox Game Studios trademark now.

Hope they back up their 14 games statement this time with actual quality and not show middleware like previous years.

(Warning: Not saying their previous conferences were bad or that no good quality games were shown)

What's the definition of shovelware? :P

A couple of these titles will be smaller games, made by smaller teams. Games like Battletoads, Ori and Gears Tactics. You never know what the quality will be like.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe they're changing it to "Xbox & Windows exclusive".

They teased it awhile ago - 2D platformer from Twisted Pixel, 90s cartoon-style art. Probably not a huge game, but gameplay with a 2019 release date seems reasonable.
Twisted Pixel isn't the developer.

It's developed by a British studio named Dlala. And Rare is overseeing it.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
giphy.gif

Arghhh shouldn't have done that Phil, you shouldn't have done that, now everyone's gonna go into this thinking we're getting a bunch of new IP's when we'll probably get like one, two tops.

It's gonna be like E3 2017 where Phil said 22 console exclusives or something and it turned out to be a bunch of timed indies, some of which haven't materialized (Ooblets, Artful Escape, The Last Night etc).
They are specifically saying Xbox Game Studios first party games so no it won't be like that, that ONLY includes studios Microsoft owns. However that 14 probably includes expansions and updates to already existing games.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
They are specifically saying Xbox Game Studios first party games so no it won't be like that, that ONLY includes studios Microsoft owns. However that 14 probably includes expansions and updates to already existing games.
It could also include 1st party games made by external developers. Like Ori 2, Battletoads and Gears Tactics.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves
Forza Horizon 4
Minecraft
Halo: MCC
Halo: Infinite
Gears 5
Battletoads
Age of Empires 4
Ori 2
The outer worlds
Wastelands
Ninja Theory new game (bleeding edge)
Fable 4
One mysterious game (maybe Obsidian new project is ready to be revealed?)
I expect it to go like that.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Hahaha. That's gold.

Actually, what about the trailer did you find terrible?
I'm really not a fan of Kojima's work, or how his directing and writing. It's so amateurish but in the same time pretentious as if it were the most amazing thing ever. You end up with super long sequences that only way I can describe as him jerking off to the audience and they calling him a genius XD For reference it took me 3 times to get past the hospital scene in MgsV because I couldn't get myself to endure that.

As for the trailer I'll just say that the graphics are very nice and Mikkelsen killed it, which was really no surprise for me. But the stuff above was really noticeable and the gameplay shown looked incredibly simplistic and not in a good way, not to mention how little of it they show even thought the game had many trailers already (which for me is not ever a good sign)

It's something that Kojima fans are probably going to love. But it looks like everything I dislike about his games condensed in a single trailer. So IMO, pretty terrible.

But to be honest my feelings about the game had nothing to do with I just said. It was merely a jab because Sony right after that referenced Ms conference made a joke about the exclusive term being loosely applied and said that the games they would show as exclusive would be de facto exclusives for PlayStation, which isn't the case for Detroit and likely DS as well.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
I think they will save AoE for PC's show and GOW Tactics for Gamescom so let's dream! Rare IPs please.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of Kojima's work, or how his directing and writing. It's so amateurish but in the same time pretentious as if it were the most amazing thing ever. You end up with super long sequences that only way I can describe as him jerking off to the audience and they calling him a genius XD For reference it took me 3 times to get past the hospital scene in MgsV because I couldn't get myself to endure that.

As for the trailer I'll just say that the graphics are very nice and Mikkelsen killed it, which was really no surprise for me. But the stuff above was really noticeable and the gameplay shown looked incredibly simplistic and not in a good way, not to mention how little of it they show even thought the game had many trailers already (which for me is not ever a good sign)

It's something that Kojima fans are probably going to love. But it looks like everything I dislike about his games condensed in a single trailer. So IMO, pretty terrible.

But to be honest my feelings about the game had nothing to do with I just said. It was merely a jab because Sony right after that referenced Ms conference made a joke about the exclusive term being loosely applied and said that the games they would show as exclusive would be de facto exclusives for PlayStation, which isn't the case for Detroit and likely DS as well.

How is it "amateurish"? If there is something about Kojima games, then it is that the directing and writing is completely opposite of amateurish, everything has depth to it. Amateurish directing means that the characters doesn't behave in the way the script and their personality says they should behave. So unless you know the script and know how the world of Death Stranding should behave, you cannot say it's amateurish directing. A directors job is to visualize the script to get it on the screen. How can you say the directing was amateurish if you haven't read the script, know the story or know the characters?

Also, Death Stranding has not been announced for PC, it was complete guesswork from the Italian journo.

Last edited:

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
MS has got to earn my hype. I've been let down too much. Heading into the conference Im only hyped for Gears 5. Everything else has to show and prove.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why they feel the need to showcase these games so quickly! Can't see any of the games coming from the studios they bought last year releasing any time soon. Assuming a 3 year dev time minimum, I wouldn't expect them to release until 2022, possibly later from The Initiative (presumably working on a larger scale project) and Obsidian (who haven't finished Outer Worlds yet).
I saw they want to convince us that Microsoft's 1st party is now ready to compete with Sony's and Nintendo's, delivering a lot of top quality content for the new console launching soon. And they better put on a show, cause a lot of people feel burned from the Xbox One's offerings this gen compared to the competition.

I want a peek at that game some MS exec wanted to take a little inspiration from Horizon Zero Dawn.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The Ninja Theory game was in dev before the acquisition, right?

Yes.

I saw they want to convince us that Microsoft's 1st party is now ready to compete with Sony's and Nintendo's, delivering a lot of top quality content for the new console launching soon. And they better put on a show, cause a lot of people feel burned from the Xbox One's offerings this gen compared to the competition.

I want a peek at that game some MS exec wanted to take a little inspiration from Horizon Zero Dawn.

You probably won't. The bigger MS games will probably be at next years E3.

Games like Fable, Rare's new game, The Initiatives project, Forza Motorsport 8, etc.

This year will consists of a bunch of already announced games + Ninja Theory's game.

And maybe one surprise?

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Halo Infinite
Ori 2
Gears 5
Forza Motorsport 8
Fable 4 (Playground Games)
Age of Empires Definitive Edition coming to Xbox One
Bleeding Edge (Ninja Theory)
The Coalition new IP
Battletoads
Sea of Thieves DLC
Gears Tactics
Minecraft
New IP from Ready at Dawn
Halo Master Chief Collection

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Curb your enthusiasm on this one if you're expecting surprises people.

Halo Infinite
Gears 5
Gears Tactics
Gears Pop
Ori 2
Battletoads
Age of Empires
Minecraft Dungeons
Forza something

Outside maybe Ninja theory's game being revealed, I'd temper expectations.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yes.

You probably won't. The bigger MS games will probably be at next years E3.

Games like Fable, Rare's new game, The Initiatives project, Forza Motorsport 8, etc.

This year will consists of a bunch of already announced games + Ninja Theory's game.

And maybe one surprise?
Didn't Jez or Klobrille say that we would get an IP revival at E3 but they "didn't know which IP"? Probably Ninja Theory's new game + that revival

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I was just wondering about the second Forza Horizon 4 DLC pack a few days ago. It'd make sense for it to be unveiled at E3, so I'm hopeful that it's shown.