• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The game was previously scheduled to launch on September 8th I believe, with a patch coming later. Great to see it'll be day one now.

Delete thread if someone already got this!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I've waited this long I can wait a little longer! Neat that it'll come out with the patch now. Very, VERY excited to check this out.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Ah, that's weird, last week when checking my preorders on Amazon.fr, it told me "delivery expected for September 22", I was surprised, but then a few days after it got back to September 8. Looks like stores were aware of it and Amazon leaked the change of date a bit early.

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
I was on the fence about this until I started hearing the glowing reviews from people who played it in Japanese. Sounds like it's something special, so I'm happy to wait.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I was going to hold off until the English VA patch was available, will probably pick this up day one now.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, delayed to one day after my birthday. That's convenient. & cool that the dub will be day one now, if I have the choice, I go with English.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This will probably be the last PS4 game I buy. I cannot wait to get my hands on an English copy. Also the soundtrack is amazing people.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I hope we're getting new VA talents too for this game, as in never been heard by me at least...

P5 & Cold Steel did a great job not featuring any Lowenthal, Bosch, Baker, Bailey, or North.

Again. ; P

Oct 27, 2017
Worried about the vo seeing as they said it was done over conference call, you'd think companies of this size could send equipment.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I never know if it is wise or not for these games to include English VO. Like, if the English VOs isn't great, the reviewers will hammer them for it (like with Trials of Mana). Moreover, it is unlikely that the game is going to pull in big numbers because it is so niche. I am happy there are more options for the people who want them, but I really do hope this doesn't affect the profitability of the game (as I want to see more of these types of games make the transition into the NA market). Hopefully, the English VO is able to tempt enough people into buying the game (who otherwise wouldn't) that it pays for itself.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm disappointed at the slight delay but that's about it. I'm not sure I care about the English dub or not. I just want the new Vanillaware game already.

I just read the interview and I'm very anxious about hearing that dub quality.

Last edited:

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Source connect isn't new and its likely the one they used not simply video conference call... plus alot of VA have invested on their small booth since the pandemic started

I wouldnt worry about the quality

atlus usually use PCB Production as the voice over studio and they know what they are doing

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Wasn't planning on actually playing the game until the Patch came out anyway, so getting the disc two weeks later is fundamentally no different. I honestly expected the patch to take longer to come out, so this is actually moving the date 'up' for me, tbh.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Checking german Amazon there's still no mention of the artbook. So what do us EU ppl need to do to get ahold of it?

It took some time to work everything out, but ultimately, we ended up recording the rest over video conference call. It's not as simple as just calling in and talking — we needed studio-quality audio recordings, a way for the audio engineers to work with said recordings on the spot and afterwards, and a way for each actor to view the director's screenshared script at a readable size. To help achieve that studio quality, actors set up makeshift studios in their own homes, which sometimes meant getting cozy in a closet with a nice mic! Needless to say, there were a lot of technical complications, but everyone really went the extra mile to make it happen.

Will be interesting to see how the english dub turned out considering the circumstances. If the dub is the reason, then it's a very slight delay.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never know if it is wise or not for these games to include English VO. Like, if the English VOs isn't great, the reviewers will hammer them for it (like with Trials of Mana). Moreover, it is unlikely that the game is going to pull in big numbers because it is so niche. I am happy there are more options for the people who want them, but I really do hope this doesn't affect the profitability of the game (as I want to see more of these types of games make the transition into the NA market). Hopefully, the English VO is able to tempt enough people into buying the game (who otherwise wouldn't) that it pays for itself.

funny I have no idea why Mana VO became like that.. The voice directors were Kal-el Bogdanove and Chris Faiella both have a sizable experience

they did used alot of new voice actors.. and afaik the production at formosa entertainment was union.. so square enix paid alot for that voice over

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Checking german Amazon there's still no mention of the artbook. So what do us EU ppl need to do to get ahold of it?

Will be interesting to see how the english dub turned out considering the circumstances. If the dub is the reason, then it's a very slight delay.

I wonder if reviewers can't get a copy with the english voices..

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already a big Vanillaware fan but the way people are praising this honestly has me giddy. Can't wait to pick it up.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear it. It'll give me time to dedicate a few weeks to Avengers AND I can play with the dub day one. Perfect scenario for me personally.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Ooookay, slightly disappointed in the small delay but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I'm just happy we're getting the game pretty soon!

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm beyond excited for this. Happy I'll get to experience the english voice acting day one.

I wouldn't worry about the quality of the voice acting, Atlus games usually have very good direction. Odin Sphere in particular had phenomenal performances.