• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it today. Sure was a ride like the best Japanese adventure games (Zero Escape, Dangronpa). Surprised how much I liked the characters and, despite how horny they all are, how unsexualised they were (except Morimura/Iori) after how Dragons Crown was.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I find it funny how Natsuno react when Yuki say her daugther look like her lmao

Who more is implied to have children? Ogata and Tomi too?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
This game is a shippers' paradise and i love it!

I find it funny how Natsuno react when Yuki say her daugther look like her lmao

Who more is implied to have children? Ogata and Tomi too?

Only Tomi/Ogata and Yuki/Shu are confirmed to have kids. Funny enough the two of them are the bickering couples.

The others never mentioned kids

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm not fond of dealing with Anime RomCom drama these, so I prefer romcom shows like Tsurezure Children that are 'simple'.

13 Sentinels reminds me of that where the romance between the pairings are mostly not 'complicated'.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I don't think you two know what shipping actually is. 😅 A shipper's paradise this game is not. Pretty much every couple is obvious from the beginning, barring Ogata and Kisaragi. There's never any tension about who is going to end up with who. (Except a bit of dialogue teasing Fuyusaka being attracted to Takamiya.)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think you two know what shipping actually is. 😅 A shipper's paradise this game is not. Pretty much every couple is obvious from the beginning, barring Ogata and Kisaragi. There's never any tension about who is going to end up with who. (Except a bit of dialogue teasing Fuyusaka being attracted to Takamiya.)

I have 6 pairings to root for and I enjoy seeing all of them get together.

I couldn't be happier.

I never consider shipping to require that element of "will they won't they" and I'm never one to partake in those weird-ass pairings that doesn't make sense lol. To me it's just about rooting for your favorite pairing.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Early in the game I thoguht Iori x Juro was going to be a thing (it kinda happened lol). Or Ogata x Yuki. I can see Miura could have a healthy relationship with Megumi, too.

Deleted member 9650

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished the game. I thought the ending was very satisfying, even though some of the pieces didn't fall into place until going through this thread. I forgot why Yakushiji was shooting all the kids, for example.

I thought the different pairings were interesting, especially the pairings of the previous loop versus current loop. I guess I'm a sucker for that "fated for one another" shit. The fact that the human beings existing as AI and losing their bodies, but still existing as human-like AI outside of the computer's control, it's a bit mind bending as now you have different types of AI running around.

Its amazing how it juggled practically every science fiction trope you can think of. And great music and art to boot.

Hijiyama and Okino's relationship was so Japanese it made me laugh. The whole BL culture in Japan is mainly aimed at women who enjoy the "forbidden" nature of these male male pairings, due to the general incompatibility of homosexual relationships with Japanese society. These days things are shifting in a better direction. But the fact that the two characters were in a loving relationship before the whole project started implies that it will all turn out well for them, and points toward the gradual normalization of these kinds of relationships in japan. My impression is that many of these stories usually end in the guys being very unhappy or committing suicide in the end, so it's a step up from that at least.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm forgetting this because it's been a week or two since I beat the game....but Miyuki Inaba was one of the previous loops' Kisaragi right? But is she in the virtual reality or is she actually in a satellite above the terraformed world? If she's there in real life...how did she get there? Like did Ida take her out of the virtual world and send her into real life somehow? This probably all foggy because I'm forgetting stuff.

cszero

Sep 17, 2020
Yes, Miyuki Inaba is Tomi from 1 loop ago (or, more specifically, an AI/data version of Tomi from 1 loop ago). The artificial satellite she exists in is seemingly part of the real world -- I believe it says the probe responsible for building the growth pods/terraforming/etc. also create this artificial satellite to oversee the project for that specific planet. Because she got shifted to the real world (outside of Universal Control), she was able to access all of the 2188 logs, and that's why she had all the information she did.

As for the how, I believe it's implied that the shift happened during the sentinel infection incident of 2064 (one loop ago). This is the scene with Morimura, Gouto, and Ida up on the roof -- they were losing the fight and decided to try to shift all of the pilots out in a hurry (including Tomi); but because of the urgency it wasn't clear where the pilots would get shifted to. This is expanded on in the scene where AI Tomi (inside the simulation) is being revived by Ida for the first time in the lab as an android; she says that when they were trying to shift from that battle in 2064, there was an explosion, and she remembers nothing after that. So, either something weird happened during the shift due to the explosion, or Ida somehow purposefully shifted her there (not sure if this is ever clearly explained).

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I was catching up on this and the OT, and this quote from one of the interview is pretty crazy to me:
Only some characters had events that detail which number sentinel they pilot and why but there were originally plans to do all the characters. When it was decided to reduce the size of the scenario by half, they decided to focus on the mysteries of the world and had to cut things that weren't directly connected to the character's endings.
I can't even imagine how this could be half of the original idea. Of course some concepts were a bit underdeveloped compared to others, but it's already huge as it is.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Maybe a dumb question but to be sure, the original 15 clones/candidates/"compatible" boys & girls the game refers to are the 13 we are playing in the curent loop, adding Tsukasa Okino and Tamao Kurabe but we don't get to play them, probably because they don't end up having access to a sentinel right?

Considering other characters like Juro Izumi, Chihiro Morimura or Tetsuya Ida just got new identitites in the current loop (respectively Juro Kurabe, Iori Fuyusaka and Shu Amiguchi) so they count as 1.
But there are effectively 15 real human bodies in the capsules opening on the new Earth/RS13 Alpha right?

To summarize, there are the 15 boys & girls, but only 13 sentinels which is what the title refers to?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a dumb question but to be sure, the original 15 clones/candidates/"compatible" boys & girls the game refers to are the 13 we are playing in the curent loop, adding Tsukasa Okino and Tamao Kurabe but we don't get to play them, probably because they don't end up having access to a sentinel right?

Considering other characters like Juro Izumi, Chihiro Morimura or Tetsuya Ida just got new identitites in the current loop (respectively Juro Kurabe, Iori Fuyusaka and Shu Amiguchi) so they count as 1.
But there are effectively 15 real human bodies in the capsules opening on the new Earth/RS13 Alpha right?

To summarize, there are the 15 boys & girls, but only 13 sentinels which is what the title refers to?
That is correct.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
I finished this game a few days ago, and have just read all of this thread. I thought I would post my thoughts here, most of which are copied from a text I sent to my friends on discord. It's..... a bit of an essay:

I honestly struggle to think of any game I've played that has had as much of an engaging and well written story. Literally everything that happens has a reason and is linked to something else, and every character's individual stories are not only great on their own but give insight to other characters stories & tie in really well. The amount of time to think up and write all of this is just unimaginable, and I can't believe something so ambitious and potentially convoluted worked out as well as it did. some of the romances were eh, but most of them I actually rly enjoyed. I didn't love how it handled hijiyama and okino's relationship in the epilogue of course, but with the other subtle moments of representation (iori watching shu and juro at the start and saying it's okay as long as they love each other; iori getting turned on by yuki and realising she is into girls; an explicitly stated homosexual relationship in 2188) it was actually relatively lgbt positive for a Japanese game I think, which feels really great to see.

Gameplay wise, usually I stray far away from visual novels, I have just never enjoyed that format of game ever. It was what I worried about most going in, but turned out for once to work very well here, largely thanks to the pacing constantly providing a point of interest. The whole flow chart thing and being able to re do scenes with new information or in new ways to get new info was really intriguing. The battle gameplay i LOVED, so much stats and things to level up and possibilities ugh it was everything I could have wanted from a RTS game. I wish I played on hard, as on normal I s ranked first time on every single battle but I am going back now to re do them all on hard.

the morimura shit was quite confusing to me but reading explanations for it here explained it all to me and it adds up now.

The twists were incredible. Right from the start they dropped hints that things weren't as they seemed, but boy did it go waaaay deeper than I expected. I rly love that the time travel turned out to be transport between sectors, which turned out to be virtual, which turned out to be on a planet 20 million yrs in the future.... it just kept going. But the simulation reveals and truth were well implemented and didn't come off as cliche or desperate for shock factor since it made heaps of sense, was built up well, and actually has a solid plot reason for existing (ie giving cultural education and preparing them adequately for populating a new world).

I like the twist abt ryoko being the one to sabotage project ark and code in the kaiju to destroy the sectors, it suits her personality and provides some nice moral grey to the villain aspect of things. it also rly satisfied me since the whole game I was like WHY ARE THE KAIJU EVEN IN THIS WORLD?! And I desperately didn't want their entire existence to merely be lazy coding from okino.

My fav storylines were... I mean I could say most of them tbh but I think Renya, natsuno, tomi, and shu's stood out to me, since they seemed to contain relatively more of the lore. Nenjis was my least fav for sure, since despite the interesting mechanic it just felt really insignificant.

Miyuki the idol aka tomi from a loop ago was a really cool character, I loved her arc. Also... miwako is LITERALLY the fucking best, my favourite character in the whole game if I'm honest.

The ending in general was so conclusive and surprisingly optimistic. Here and throughout the game, I really appreciate the commentary regarding AI personalities and simulated experiences ultimately being just as real and important as reality. I Wish everyone had that portrait that megumi x juro got.

The writing is also really good in terms of emotional impact, key scenes definitely had the weight they needed (also thanks to the amazing music). There was also so many funny/cute moments (hemborger!!!!) that kept things from ever being dull or too depressing.

Overall I really can't compare this to anything I've played before... and the near seamless tying together of so many plots was better than almost any tv show or series I can think of. Like, I actually finished the game with very few questions, something I thought was impossible at the halfway point.

This has easily become my goty, and made it into my top 10 GOAT list. I'm so thankful I impulse bought it bc of a friends recommendation.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Finished the game last night, I don't think I have ever laughed as long as I did as when Ogata reunited with Wajima in the simulation, lmao

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Finished last night, I would love to see someone put together a diagram of all the storylines put together, like someone did way back in the day for the time-travel movie Primer. Just seeing all that complexity sprawled across the page would be amazing.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Pushed through to finish the game last night. Overall just a masterpiece of storytelling. I would love to learn more about how they just managed to design this story. It's an incredible achievement.

My only complaint is that the ending is a little too happy for me. Ida getting a happy ending? Ida is a fucking creep.

It was really weird that they introduced Papa Ogata in a log, make him out to be the main bad guy manipulating the Professor... and then we never hear about him again? What happened to his AI?

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I was catching up on this and the OT, and this quote from one of the interview is pretty crazy to me:

I can't even imagine how this could be half of the original idea. Of course some concepts were a bit underdeveloped compared to others, but it's already huge as it is.
It really explains why a number of important events and details happen offscreen.
Pushed through to finish the game last night. Overall just a masterpiece of storytelling. I would love to learn more about how they just managed to design this story. It's an incredible achievement.

My only complaint is that the ending is a little too happy for me. Ida getting a happy ending? Ida is a fucking creep.

It was really weird that they introduced Papa Ogata in a log, make him out to be the main bad guy manipulating the Professor... and then we never hear about him again? What happened to his AI?
Most probably that plot point had more importance in scenes that were cut. Oddly enough, the OST case for the game has actual art for him.

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
Hey finally finished as well! Don't have a lot to add, other than that I loved it, and I still think I'm figuring stuff out. Gonna be reading through and see if I have anything new to add.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
And I'm done! I need to sit down and scroll through the analysis section. Thankfully knowing no actual time travel is involved makes a chronology a lot easier to understand lmao, even if there's still a shittonne of loops needed.

Wasn't expecting to cry at the ending but when the pop song hit the tears started welling lmao. Didn't help I failed the final mission four times on intense and was about to blow a fuse out of rage lol

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm done! I need to sit down and scroll through the analysis section. Thankfully knowing no actual time travel is involved makes a chronology a lot easier to understand lmao, even if there's still a shittonne of loops needed.

Wasn't expecting to cry at the ending but when the pop song hit the tears started welling lmao. Didn't help I failed the final mission four times on intense and was about to blow a fuse out of rage lol
Enjoy poring over the Mystery Files and looking through the Event Viewer with newfound understanding.

And don't forget to watch the extra scene that unlocked. It's the last event under All Events in the Event Viewer.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy poring over the Mystery Files and looking through the Event Viewer with newfound understanding.

And don't forget to watch the extra scene that unlocked. It's the last event under All Events in the Event Viewer.

Thanks! Gonna suck in another thousand years when all these nanotech civilisations link up and start having wars with each other lmao

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Archive 006 is when Ida (2188) makes a log to Gouto (2188) and notes that Izumi (2188) modified the settings for the 'final phase' to modify Chihiro's memory. Anyone know what this is about? I can't connect it with anything specific off the top of my head (least of all why Izumi (2188) has any connection with Morimura (2188))

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Question: Archive 006 is when Ida (2188) makes a log to Gouto (2188) and notes that Izumi (2188) modified the settings for the 'final phase' to modify Chihiro's memory. Anyone know what this is about? I can't connect it with anything specific off the top of my head (least of all why Izumi (2188) has any connection with Morimura (2188))

This part confused me also. I'm still working my way though the analysis section of the game and discovering that I definitely missed a few details on my play through.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Izumi and Morimura 2188 are lovers too and lives at Sector 1 even tho Morimura denied it

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Izumi and Morimura 2188 are lovers too and lives at Sector 1 even tho Morimura denied it

Right, but what is the memory modification in 'final phase' that he did? And final phase... of the probe/colonisation project? Isn't the 18-year 'simulated growth' project the final phase? So do all Virtual incarnations of Morimura have the memory mod that Izumi2188 put in?

I'm making the excel spreadsheet version of chronology btw lol mainly for my own edification

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Right, but what is the memory modification in 'final phase' that he did? And final phase... of the probe/colonisation project? Isn't the 18-year 'simulated growth' project the final phase? So do all Virtual incarnations of Morimura have the memory mod that Izumi2188 put in?

I'm making the excel spreadsheet version of chronology btw lol mainly for my own edification
I can't remember if all morimura got that memory mod what is it for exactly.. hopefully someone remembers it better than we did

cozyduck

Oct 28, 2017

Izumi2188 set it up so that the Morimura clone would get her memories overwritten once she reached 18 year of age, coinciding with the planned end of the simulation.
Since the simulation has always been reset while the protagonists were at around 16 years old, this never came to be.
That's why it is in the interest of the small Chihiro that the protagonists lose against the kaiju. She has in the meantime fixed the code, so the next loop would've executed without issues (i.e., no Kaijus will appear), allowing the Morimura clone to reach 18 years of age and the memory overwriting to occur as originally planned. However, the actions of the protags in the final battle lead to a triggering of an emergency abort procedure, allowing them to exit the simulation at 16 years old and thus bypassing the memory overwrite.
The other Morimuras are all AI and are not affected by this.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Izumi2188 set it up so that the Morimura clone would get her memories overwritten once she reached 18 year of age, coinciding with the planned end of the simulation.
Since the simulation has always been reset while the protagonists were at around 16 years old, this never came to be.
That's why it is in the interest of the small Chihiro that the protagonists lose against the kaiju. She has in the meantime fixed the code, so the next loop would've executed without issues (i.e., no Kaijus will appear), allowing the Morimura clone to reach 18 years of age and the memory overwriting to occur as originally planned. However, the actions of the protags in the final battle lead to a triggering of an emergency abort procedure, allowing them to exit the simulation at 16 years old and thus bypassing the memory overwrite.
The other Morimuras are all AI and are not affected by this.

Thanks!

Is there any clues as to what the overwrite actually does?

cozyduck

Oct 28, 2017
Presumably the same as what happened to small Chihiro. That is, she'd become Chihiro2188 (or rather, an AI based on her memory data).
Same thing as what Ida intended to do to this loop's Tomi.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
In Mystery Files under "Loop" I don't understand the the difference between being "human" and being an "AI" when dealing with Sector 0. What difference is there unless you're one of the 15 kids? I feel like it's something obvious but I'm just struggling to understand that part of the story.

edit: oh is it just that they don't disappear after the kaiju attack?

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game. There's only one discrepancy I can't seem to clear up. There seems to be one Morimura too many.

The in-game wiki says the Morimura of one loop ago got shot by the Izumi of two loops ago in that one scene where he shot all the kids. After, when they lose the final battle in Sector 4 one loop ago, two-loops-ago Morimura sends Ida to Sector 1 as the final loop is starting where he rescues a teenaged Morimura who presumably becomes the current adult Morimura. Where did she come from? And in fact, how did Fuyusaka end up in Sector 4 to begin with?

I'd assumed one-loop-ago Morimura survived the previous loop to become current adult Morimura in the final loop but the game has her presumably dying at the hands of 426. And how did that other teenaged Morimura -- who actually does become the current adult Morimura, end up on that bridge in 2089? The same way two-loops-ago Morimura did?

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Finished the game. There's only one discrepancy I can't seem to clear up. There seems to be one Morimura too many.

The in-game wiki says the Morimura of one loop ago got shot by the Izumi of two loops ago in that one scene where he shot all the kids. After, when they lose the final battle in Sector 4 one loop ago, two-loops-ago Morimura sends Ida to Sector 1 as the final loop is starting where he rescues a teenaged Morimura who presumably becomes the current adult Morimura. Where did she come from? And in fact, how did Fuyusaka end up in Sector 4 to begin with?

I'd assumed one-loop-ago Morimura survived the previous loop to become current adult Morimura in the final loop but the game has her presumably dying at the hands of 426. And how did that other teenaged Morimura -- who actually does become the current adult Morimura, end up on that bridge in 2089? The same way two-loops-ago Morimura did?
I alas don't have my copy installed on my PS5, and am now months away from my playthrough, but the Nurse Morimura is still 2L ago Morimura - having been backed up to Sector 0, she spawns into the current loop completely unaware of 1L ago, because she had not rebacked up her data. Ida, who was sent to Sector 0 (not 1), respawns into this loop and meets her because having not been backed up, she spawns where she did last time, but oblivious to everything after her and Izumi performed their first backup. This is why it's fairly easy for Ida to manipulate her with false accusations about Izumi "bombing" the other kids that he turns into AI/androids.

I'm not sure who you mean by "Fuyusaka" in sector 4. There's only ever one Iori Fuyusaka, that's just the moniker bestowed on the current loops Chihiro Morimura, who was "born" in Sector 5. Either way, I don't really remember the circumstances that brought her to Sector 2, just the intention of Chihiro Morimura to overwrite her memories. Presumably her and Ida "time travel" their earlier incarnations to 1984 to ensure their safety while they fill them with memories, but I really don't remember sorry.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
My initial conclusion was the same as yours. The signal thing makes the ship seem to reside in the physical world. But then how did AI Tomi emergency shift into it in the first place?

And I understand the reasoning behind constructing 5 cities of different eras, especially if it's for preserving the human tapestry. But I don't get why the simulation rendered stuff like the spooky cybernetic tunnel that Amiguchi finds.

Yes!! Precisely!! But reconstructed Morimura kills this version of Juro. See: Bridgetop Standoff event. I explain below how this fits into the timeline.

Ah, I spent the longest time untangling this exact question. The important piece of the puzzle is keeping track of the save states in Sector 0. 2LMorimura does not grow up with 426 one loop ago. They are reconstructed as the ages they were when they were saved into Sector 0. (see: The Two Survive event). At some point after they grow up in one loop ago, 426 overwrites his save state with his adult 426 memories. Then sometime after that, 2LMorimura kills 426 and then sacrifices herself to save 1LIda, who then meets a reconstruction of 2LMorimura in our current loop. Let's call her 2LMorimuraR.

Here is the only "inconsistency". The event shows 1LIda getting shifted from his Sentinel. The next chronological event, he and his sentinel appear on Sumire Bridge in our current loop, but we know this is not how Sector 0 reconstruction works. You could claim there is a missing scene in between where 1LIda is reconstructed in current loop, finds his sentinel and shifts to the correct sector, maybe.

Anyway. 1LIda meets 2LMorimuraR in our current loop, but she's 2LMorimuraR without having experienced anything that happened one loop ago since that was not saved into Sector 0. He tells her what happened one loop ago, including the lie that 426 killed everyone (instead of only a subset of everyone). So now in our current loop, there exists Iori being her own natural-born identity, 2LMorimura, 1Lida, and Shu Amiguchi being his natural-born identity.

2LMorimoraR confronts 426R (because he overwrote his save state with his adult memory in a different event) in our current loop. She kills him because of what 1LIda said and has regretted it since. However, 1LIda was able to extract 426R's memory from Sector 0 and transplant it into an android. Thus kicks off 426R's journey through various androids and people. So at the end of the game, when they finally meet, it is 426R who had grown up (teen -> adult) with 2LMorimura in one loop ago. And it is 2LMorimuraR who only remembers growing up (child -> teen) with 426 in two loops ago. So while the love on one side is more matured, they both do indeed love each other. It's kinda sweet.

--------

As for Chibimura. 2LMorimuraR wants to have Sentinel compatibility. She both tries to inject her memory into current loop Iori, as well as clones herself to inject her memories that way. So this sense, the physical entity of Chibimura is wholly unique to current loop. However, upon finishing the clone, 2LMorimuraR tries to transplant her save state from Sector 0, but instead transplants 2188Morimura instead (assume 2188 had the OG Morimura folder in the computer directory lol), which I think was mentioned that UC does not generate AI for admins like 2188Morimura's save state.

Whew what a ride.
Ok here's the timeline I see

Loop 1 starts scene 9

-Juro and Chihiro get sent to Sector 0 backed up.
--So Sector 0 currently has saves of Loop 1 Juro and Chihiro

Loop 2 starts scene 11

-This is the loop Juro "kills" a bunch and becomes 426, Juro backed up his data during this loop before killing people he states in Scene 19
-Chihiro doesn't make it to save herself but Saves Loop 2 Ida
--Sector 0 currently has saves of Loop 1 Chihiro, Loop 2 updated Juro, and Loop 2 Ida

Loop 3(current loop) starts scene 17

-Chihiro is at that bridge and based on her dialogue it def is Loop 1 Chihiro from the save data, check that scene again. Loop 2 Ida shows up. Loop 2 updated Juro is somewhere and this is 32 year old Juro
-Loop 2 updated Juro is killed in Scene 19, also at most 40 years old at this point, that's not that old and could still look pretty similar
-Ida pulls up the backup Loop 2 Juro from Sector 0 in scene 22 and that starts the chain that android Juro Izumi goes through

Does this make sense?
I guess this makes sense.
Damn you guys are right, I forgot about the bridge scene and that 426 was basically killed twice, that explains and strongly supports the idea that current loop Morimura had her original loop memories of Izumi and would still love him.

Man this game is something else.
I might need to go back and check, but it sounded like she was actually about to turn him down in that early scene before the first time they uploaded to Sector 0.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
God, I wish this was on a switch. It'd be so much easier to compile this chronology if i could just check it like a book on the go instead of having to turn on the TV every time

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
During 1 Loop Ago (1LA) when Izumi (2LA) kills a number of the children - does he actually kill them (I forget whose dreams Shu is having, I assume Ida's) or is he trying to shift them when an explosion occurs and Ida just blames him for it? Or is that an entirely seperate incident?

By the time of the first battle in the current loop (2064), a number of candidates from 1LA are present having been saved as sentinel cores including Kisaragi, Tamao, and Miura (and Hijiyama?), but I believe they are absent during the scene where Izumi (2LA) kills the kids. So I lean towards a separate incident that Ida blamed on him.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
During 1 Loop Ago (1LA) when Izumi (2LA) kills a number of the children - does he actually kill them (I forget whose dreams Shu is having, I assume Ida's) or is he trying to shift them when an explosion occurs and Ida just blames him for it? Or is that an entirely seperate incident?

By the time of the first battle in the current loop (2064), a number of candidates from 1LA are present having been saved as sentinel cores including Kisaragi, Tamao, and Miura (and Hijiyama?), but I believe they are absent during the scene where Izumi (2LA) kills the kids. So I lean towards a separate incident that Ida blamed on him.
Yeah this is it. There's the scene where Ida's called out on lying about it to Morimura, too, explaining that they both knew he would do it given the chance. Kisaragi, Tamao, Miura, and Hijiyama (cut content sadly) were all phase shifted in their tank thing but were dead by the time they shifted, which is why only their consciousnesses were able to be saved to Sector 0.

But he did kill the other kids.

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finished it last night. Yoooos what a trip. I went into this game completely blind and really only bought it cuz my fav, Yoko Taro, highly recommended it.

Based on the box I expected mecha hijinks! Did not expect everything else that happened! It was brilliant!!!

Really loved all the characters except Megumi. She was definitely my least fav. And I didn't buy Juro falling for her. It didn't feel as genuine (even with Ms fall at first sight Iori which is so dumb but still better then Juro going from annoyed at Megumi's prescense to all into her! lol)

Also i'm a sucker for love that transcends time (or whatever that trope is called) so i really liked Miura/Natsuno and Hijiyama/Okino. XD

Also loved the different relationships (Tomi/Tetsuya vs Tomi/Ogata). Glad Ogata and Tomi worked out cuz loved those two!

I do agree that the epilogue with Okino and Hijiyama was disappointing when compared to everyone else especially given the five year time span. I mean ultimately it's clear they're going to work out but it would have been nice to get the same lovey dovey crap everyone else was showing!

I'm focusing a lot on the relationships but I really enjoyed the overall plot. The whole attempts to save humanity and the overall downfall. Shit, if they ever made an anime, i''d love a prequel showing all of that!

This game was just absolutely a blast. Even the battles were great (a tad easy on normal). Can't wait to go back to platinum! Need a bit more mystery files!!!

Also fav scene was the yakisoba pan vs hemborger between Hijiyama and Miura. Oh and next was Ogata and Hijiyama being all jealous when Tomi and Okino were secretly meeting!

What a fantastic game!!!! Oh and shout out to the English VA. They were fantastic! Everyone did a great job!

Oct 27, 2017
My analysis is stuck at 99%, I've got S ranks on everything and unlocked all mystery files, my mystery points are converted now. Anyone else have this issue?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Question on Chihiro Morimura's (2188) goal: was it to stop Aeigis or to enact it? I sort of lost track. Even after going through the game again, especially Gouto's chapter, I'm still kind of lost. I thought she shot Morimura to prevent Aegis from going ahead.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Question on Chihiro Morimura's (2188) goal: was it to stop Aeigis or to enact it? I sort of lost track. Even after going through the game again, especially Gouto's chapter, I'm still kind of lost. I thought she shot Morimura to prevent Aegis from going ahead.

She wanted to stop it because if AEGIS goes through she can't reboot the world with herself in charge. Something along those lines.

I don't think she knew that the system was at it's limits at the time.