• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone clarify the 'Master of the Meal' trophy? Looking at TrueTrophies it's the only missable trophy.

I got to that Iori chapter last night and ate the ice cream and crepes, but couldn't loop the conversation to eat anything else. Are you supposed to be able to eat all of the food in that chapter or is there more in future chapters?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Can anyone clarify the 'Master of the Meal' trophy? Looking at TrueTrophies it's the only missable trophy.

I got to that Iori chapter last night and ate the ice cream and crepes, but couldn't loop the conversation to eat anything else. Are you supposed to be able to eat all of the food in that chapter or is there more in future chapters?
halfglassgaming.com

How to Earn the Master of the Meal Trophy in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

In 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, there is a Trophy called Master of the Meal, which is awarded once you Ate all possible food on the way back. The food will be encountered in Iori Fuyasaka's story, and there are five different items you can eat.

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
halfglassgaming.com

How to Earn the Master of the Meal Trophy in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

In 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, there is a Trophy called Master of the Meal, which is awarded once you Ate all possible food on the way back. The food will be encountered in Iori Fuyasaka's story, and there are five different items you can eat.

Yep I saw that and needed a bit more info. Is "Shopping District, After School 2," another scene in this chapter or a different chapter later on?

Dec 24, 2018
Does anyone knows which track plays on which scene exactly? I found it for the battle themes from wiki, but couldn't find for the tracks in story mode.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Beat it just now and wanted to chime in and say I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was excellent. Kinda sad it's over, actually.
At least they gave us a very happy ending. I was expecting some depressing final twist or something.

Oct 25, 2017
i just started this, so far i'm really liking it, i'm in the 2nd city (basically little after the game lets you select the 3 menus).
I wish the battles had a little more detail or less chaotic maps, or better colours, it's hard to see all enemies sometimes, but i guess that's on purpose.

Is there any recommendation in which order to do the stories or what characters first? or it really doesn't matter? It reminds me a lot of radiant historia (from the DS).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
i just started this, so far i'm really liking it, i'm in the 2nd city (basically little after the game lets you select the 3 menus).
I wish the battles had a little more detail or less chaotic maps, or better colours, it's hard to see all enemies sometimes, but i guess that's on purpose.

Is there any recommendation in which order to do the stories or what characters first? or it really doesn't matter? It reminds me a lot of radiant historia (from the DS).
The story sections can pretty much be done in the order you prefer, though sections beyond the first one or two do have requirements to unlock them. The requirements will be clearly stated though so no guesswork involved there.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
The requirements will be clearly stated though so no guesswork involved there.

Yes, some are already locked, was asking just in case there was a way to enjoy them more, but I guess I'll pick random.

is it better to do as much as story as possible until all is lock by the battles or it doesn't really matter either and I can interchange as I feel like playing?

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, some are already locked, was asking just in case there was a way to enjoy them more, but I guess I'll pick random.

is it better to do as much as story as possible until all is lock by the battles or it doesn't really matter either and I can interchange as I feel like playing?
Better to balance things out more so you don't get forced into doing one thing for longer than you'd want to to unlock something else.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021

You're welcome! Enjoy the remixes :)

While I'm already in the thread, I just wanted to say, once again, that I love this game and I wonder how much time people have put into it. I can't be the only one sinking 200 hours into it? First of all, I don't know how much time I've spent doing battles, I just redo battles time and time again, because while they were hard to warm up to, they're in the end seriously addictive!

But it's the story that makes me come back, time and time and time and time again. It's just endlessly fascinating and replayable. I STILL find out new things, yes, even after 200 hours, because that is just how deep and profound and crazy everything is. And replaying it (I have like 5 save files) and do the characters in different orders each time always makes every experience feel fresh and different.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the story, but that makes me hesistant to dive right back in. I always feel, that if something is truly good, then it'll become even clearer when I've gotten some distance from it before returning. I'm always a little hesistant to give a definitive opinon on any media right away, other than my general feelings.

That said, I'm looking forward to a solid framerate on my PS5 during the final battle!

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Coming in late to this game and am on what I think is the home stretch: finally unlocked the one long-sealed person's memories that can't be opened until you've basically finished all the others.

I've been doing the story non-stop and piling up Meta-Chips, saving the battles for later, so when I get to the battles, I can power my Sentinels up like crazy and easily save 98% of the city. Very satisfying.

Is it just me or are the menus a little hard to navigate? There's a meta-level thing that you have to upgrade, but that you can only get to by scrolling to the side after selecting one person's Sentinel. I was stuck on level 1 or 2 for a very long time just because I didn't know where that was. Thought the story would automatically raise it or something.

It also took me way too long to learn how to see and use the flowcharts. Press Square during Remembrance mode and you'll see them. They actually tell you which keywords you have to have and where the branching points are.

So far there have only been two places in Remembrance where I've gotten stuck: one on the train with Nenji, which I could probably have eventually figured out, and another with Iori chasing a cat while her friends talk about food, and I would never have solved that latter one without going online. If it happens to you, don't feel any shame in looking it up.

The music is indeed amazing and I just stumped up the obscene ~$45 (4800 yen) for the remix CD. But the store I ordered it from is telling me, in very obsequious Japanese, that they haven't sent it yet. Looking forward to it!

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
I am absolutely loving this so far. I love the aesthetic and how it switches from the 1980s to far in the future. Love the art and music. Quick question, how easy is the Platinum in this game and how easy is it to go back in story mode to replay certain segments?

I was playing through the initial Juro Kurabe playthrough from about 12% completion to 55% completion last night and I am now locked out until I complete more of the other characters stories. I went and did the whole portion with the Amaguchi storyline and now I can't go back to replay it since I missed one little portion from the character flowchart storyline

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I am absolutely loving this so far. I love the aesthetic and how it switches from the 1980s to far in the future. Love the art and music. Quick question, how easy is the Platinum in this game and how easy is it to go back in story mode to replay certain segments?

I was playing through the initial Juro Kurabe playthrough from about 12% completion to 55% completion last night and I am now locked out until I complete more of the other characters stories. I went and did the whole portion with the Amaguchi storyline and now I can't go back to replay it since I missed one little portion from the character flowchart storyline

Platinum is practically not much more than playing though the game. After the story is complete you can replay characters. Heck you can reset it all if you want.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's the only platinum I ever got. I got like 95% of the way there by just beating the game tbh.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
Platinum is practically not much more than playing though the game. After the story is complete you can replay characters. Heck you can reset it all if you want.

Yeah it's the only platinum I ever got. I got like 95% of the way there by just beating the game tbh.

Awesome, thanks for the responses. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm playing through Ei Sekigahara's segment
and just got to 28% completion where I was on the rooftop sequence where they talked about closing the loop. No spoilers please but the story is awesome so far. Kind of hard to follow with so many characters but I'm understanding them and their motives much more than in the prologue.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Awesome, thanks for the responses. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm playing through Ei Sekigahara's segment
and just got to 28% completion where I was on the rooftop sequence where they talked about closing the loop. No spoilers please but the story is awesome so far. Kind of hard to follow with so many characters but I'm understanding them and their motives much more than in the prologue.

Well all I can say is you have not seen anything yet....

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Nenji
really loses a lot if you don't do him asap. But even then, it kinds end up being unimportant in the grand scheme. At least it has surprise Okino.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
You're welcome! Enjoy the remixes :)

While I'm already in the thread, I just wanted to say, once again, that I love this game and I wonder how much time people have put into it. I can't be the only one sinking 200 hours into it? First of all, I don't know how much time I've spent doing battles, I just redo battles time and time again, because while they were hard to warm up to, they're in the end seriously addictive!

But it's the story that makes me come back, time and time and time and time again. It's just endlessly fascinating and replayable. I STILL find out new things, yes, even after 200 hours, because that is just how deep and profound and crazy everything is. And replaying it (I have like 5 save files) and do the characters in different orders each time always makes every experience feel fresh and different.

Dang, I'd say that's pretty hardcore!

I can definitely see how doing a full replay would be cool picking up on a lot of things you wouldn't have beforehand however for me personally these types of games are a one and done type experience. It just wouldn't be as special knowing what's going to happen and the nature of their world.

That reminds me though, I definitely need to boot it up one day and go through the entire analysis section and read through everything again.

Oct 25, 2017
So finished this over the weekend, my only platinum ever (and probably the last) because just playing the games gives you the platinum lol, only extra thing i had to do was to unlock all weapons for all characters.

The story is very good, a little cliché by the end but I enjoyed it a lot, just by chance i left Gouto to the end cus' i don't like him, but it was a good thing, as he's mister spoiler, lol.

My only disappointed with the game is that the combat requires too much micromanagement for being a RTS with pause (or something), like if you don't select an action your character doesn't do anything, and when is your turn basically the time stops during your attack so you get a super advantage over the enemy, i wish there were more ways to automatize it a bit, also most anti air weapons are pretty much useless, as just some missiles or EMP kills all (at least all the main ones in normal difficulty, didn't play the 4th area yet), so the game doesn't push you to experiment with other kind of weapons. My 2th generation sentinels where turrets spammers, the 4th basically all missiles and leg attack on the big kaijus, and the 1st gen did all the massive damage where needed.

Overall I really really enjoyed it, one strong GOTY contender.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Do the character stories all progress from start to end in their own series of events? I mean excluding flashbacks, time travels, and dreams which seem to be visions of the future. You know, putting aside that stuff.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Dumb question that I don't want to search for the answer for (because of fear of spoilers):

I just started playing this game a little while ago and am wondering if I should replay each character's story section until I clear everything or if I should just move on to the next part of the story and come back later on?

The completionist in me makes me want to clear everything before moving to the next section, but I don't know if that throws off the flow of the game.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Dumb question that I don't want to search for the answer for (because of fear of spoilers):

I just started playing this game a little while ago and am wondering if I should replay each character's story section until I clear everything or if I should just move on to the next part of the story and come back later on?

The completionist in me makes me want to clear everything before moving to the next section, but I don't know if that throws off the flow of the game.

The game will lock you out after some time. I kept switching and sometimes I would go as far as I could on one character. Do it however you like :).

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
The game will lock you out after some time. I kept switching and sometimes I would go as far as I could on one character. Do it however you like :).

Thanks; I noticed the characters would get locked out but I thought that was because I completed all of the branches of that section. I just wasn't sure if the last branch I completed for that section would determine where the story picked up the next time I played as that character. Didn't want to lock myself out of stuff if I was just supposed to play it and open those things later.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Wow, I actually didn't realize it even existed until just now.

Thanks, thread!

I bought this album plus the OST ("frequently bought together" on Amazon.co.jp at the equivalent of ~$107... but worth the price!) and am enjoying both right now; they're amazing. The remix album is just godly, particularly the final battle but really all the battle tracks.

I also bought (~$35) the official artbook which contains a 38 (!) page timeline, in tiny print, of everything that happens in the story; it is insane. Interviews, artwork, character sketches, unused artwork; it's amazing.

Totally worth it to buy all the goods for this game, particularly if you can read Japanese. I'm loving them all and am listening to the music every day even when not playing the game.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
The best thing about that Album is the cover:

Lo6ld1r.jpg

I also bought (~$35) the official artbook which contains a 38 (!) page timeline, in tiny print, of everything that happens in the story; it is insane. Interviews, artwork, character sketches, unused artwork; it's amazing.

What's that? The double helix book?

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, this one:

(...and... it is sold out on Amazon and now selling for 5100 yen; crazy!)

And yes, the cover to the remix album is pretty good. Those pictures are ones you don't see much of in promotional material for this game. I kind of wish it weren't in English, but really I'm not complaining.
Ah I see. Yeah that one has all the good stuff, like the interviews (I managed to read a bit of them myself, though my JP is quite basic). I was expecting more stuff though, usually these kind of databooks have a bunch of random infos, but the character pages are quite basic, not even blood types or character heights.

For some reason they did not include the character relationship charts in that one, they put it in the Double Strand book which is 90% the script of the game lol. It has some interesting things like
the ages of the characters in 2188 and the only picture of Ogata's dad

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Final battle is absolutely kicking my ass on intense. I know people said to use sentries, interceptors, and super missiles but it's still not enough. I'm taking too much damage at the terminal. Helpppp

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Thanks I'm gonna try that! And I only learned this towards the end but defending is largely unnecessary because killing Kaiju regenerates it right?

Not sure what you mean here. What regenerates? Another really good one is shield matrix and interceptors, put the matrix on the heavy brawlers and they will murder anything.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Gen 3''s Big Missile pretty much clears up any enemy wave that doesn't have big Kaijus, it's very useful. Also Ryoko's 2 Sentry Guns ability.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Right the more you kill the more The EP regens.
Gen 3''s Big Missile pretty much clears up any enemy wave that doesn't have big Kaijus, it's very useful. Also Ryoko's 2 Sentry Guns ability.

Thank you both for the tips. I got the squad I wanted to take up to at least level 30 (Juro included) and then unleased abilities with almost no restraint and I S-ranked that final battle.

What a great ending, they really pulled it off. I'm still unclear about a few key pieces/motivations but this is definitely one of my favorite games of the generation.

And listening to Jan and Vinny try to explain it on the Giant Bomb goty is hilarious lmao.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Thank you both for the tips. I got the squad I wanted to take up to at least level 30 (Juro included) and then unleased abilities with almost no restraint and I S-ranked that final battle.

What a great ending, they really pulled it off. I'm still unclear about a few key pieces/motivations but this is definitely one of my favorite games of the generation.

And listening to Jan and Vinny try to explain it on the Giant Bomb goty is hilarious lmao.
Glad you enjoyed it! It is one of my favorite games of the gen. The scifi story might be one of the best I have ever experienced, certainly ambitious.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

If you can, search for George's interviews, some of them are translated and they may clear up your doubts. Also if you liked the OST the remix album is the bomb.

There isn't much content for it in English sadly, at least someone is translating the anthologies.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I'm about 3 hours into the game. So far, I think it's... fine? Like, I'm still playing it every other day or so, but I haven't quite gotten to the point where I'm like "Oh, this is why people rave about this game" the way that I eventually did with Persona 5.

I'm going to keep playing it, but at this point is this a typical experience to have, or is it likely that it may just never click with me the way that it has with others?

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm about 3 hours into the game. So far, I think it's... fine? Like, I'm still playing it every other day or so, but I haven't quite gotten to the point where I'm like "Oh, this is why people rave about this game" the way that I eventually did with Persona 5.

I'm going to keep playing it, but at this point is this a typical experience to have, or is it likely that it may just never click with me the way that it has with others?
It is, mostly because the game is longer than one might expect (25-35h, depending on your speed reading and with the rts segments). I'm sure the order you choose will also affect your enjoyment/anticipation somewhat, but any order will work out.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

I'm fine with slow beginnings so I was never stressing over it but I started enjoying it more once I was past the character prologues and combat tutorial missions

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017

Are you past all of the character prologues yet? That's where the game really starts finding its groove.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Someone translated the important parts of the Double Helix book:

garmtranslations.wordpress.com

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Double Helix – Developers’ Talk 1

Developers’ Talk 1開発陣発言集① Taken from: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim – Official Preservation Record: Double Helix十三機兵防衛圏 公式保存記録: Double HelixISBN: 9784047334816 Initial publication: Weekly Fam…

garmtranslations.wordpress.com

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Double Helix – Developers’ Talk 2

Developers’ Talk 2 – Please Answer These Mysteries! Kamitani-san!開発陣発言集② あの謎を教えて!神谷さん! Taken from: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim – Official Preservation Record: Double Helix十三機兵防衛圏 公式保存…