• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play this the more I feel like watching Dark on Netflix was exercise for getting into this. This is definitely more complex than Dark but it's not a quantum leap removed from it.

I'm maybe 70-something percent through the VN stuff and all I have are theories. So far I've seen some of the twists coming but it feels like there are some big "wham" moments on the way -- bigger puzzle pieces that just aren't there yet.

Kurtofan

Oct 28, 2017
What does recover do in the team organization menu? Is this about characters with Brain Overload?

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Started this game last Friday and I have never been more confused in my entire life. The story so far is great but a few mechanics I'm just not sure of (these are story details and not gameplay mechanics):
Is Juro repeating the same day or is this different days in the beginning? I ask because is this the same for Natsuno - it's never really explained if you are repeating an event or doing it over. I mean it makes sense that you are doing it over and somehow getting access to memories.

Other than that, it has definitely been a ride so far. Still haven't unlocked everyone but the story is definitely going in directions I couldn't have called out. The gameplay is also quite fun (at least on Intense; not sure what most reviewers played it on as I saw it got negative marks).

Timcanpies

Sep 17, 2020
btw how do/did you play the game? Personally I rotate between characters everytime.
I did as much as I could with one character, then moved onto another character who's story seemed interesting, repeated this until I had to do combat, did combat until I got locked out, then swapped back to characters till I got locked out again, etc. If I kept swapping I felt like it would be even harder to keep up with what was going on!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
www.gematsu.com

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim ‘1st Anniversary Celebration’ live stream set for November 28

Publisher Atlus and developer VanillaWare will host a “1st Anniversary Celebration” live stream for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on November 28 at 19:30 JST, the companies announced. You wil…

The live stream will feature a variety of content including appearances by several members of the voice cast, the first live performance of the theme song "Seaside Vacation," DJs playing special remixes of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim background music, and more.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
The music in Area 2 Wave 10... *chefs kiss*
I think the first time I heard the track was like background noise and it's like yeah that sounds like an old school pop song from the 80s, even if I'm not familiar with the Japanese pop scene.

But when the song plays in Area 2 Wave 10, there's suddenly a strong emotional component to it. Listening to it YouTube out of context and this cutesy 80s pop song suddenly gave me chills because I associate it with the dialogue and circumstance of that event. What the hell, haha. That's fantastic.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I did a thing and if this game isn't as amazing as everyone here said the first 50 posters that hyped the game up here owe me 1 buck each >.>

EmeFOrUXUAMxoVK

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I think the first time I heard the track was like background noise and it's like yeah that sounds like an old school pop song from the 80s, even if I'm not familiar with the Japanese pop scene.

But when the song plays in Area 2 Wave 10, there's suddenly a strong emotional component to it. Listening to it YouTube out of context and this cutesy 80s pop song suddenly gave me chills because I associate it with the dialogue and circumstance of that event. What the hell, haha. That's fantastic.

Yeah, the song made that fight really emotional. If the game ended right afterwards, I would have been totally satisfied. The music really elevated that mission and part of the story.

So I did a thing and if this game isn't as amazing as everyone here said the first 50 posters that hyped the game up here owe me 1 buck each >.>

EmeFOrUXUAMxoVK

Dude, enjoy! One of the best games of the year.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the song made that fight really emotional. If the game ended right afterwards, I would have been totally satisfied. The music really elevated that mission and part of the story.

Dude, enjoy! One of the best games of the year.

Thanks! :D I haven't even finished the prologues yet and I'm already blown away, I haven't played a game this atmospheric in years and the whole story has me in like nothing else. It reminds me of that one vacation I had where I binged Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars when that game was new in all the best ways!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game today. Amazing story/characters and dammit if its not another incredibly beautiful Vanillaware game. Despite not even liking the type of combat the game uses normally in other games, I really enjoyed it here, did almost all the levels on the hardest difficulty because it felt great.

Just one question about the plot:
I think I missed it, but was it ever explicitly explained HOW Earth was doomed due to this nanomachine virus? As its just mentioned that earth and humanity was wiped out but I never quite understood exactly how that happened aside from the whole "selling nanomachines on the black market which eventually lead to extinction

Amazing game though. Even if the story did tie my brain in knots at times due to the way the plot is presented. Its also one of the incredibly rare trophies that I feel motivated to platinum.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Just one question about the plot:
I think I missed it, but was it ever explicitly explained HOW Earth was doomed due to this nanomachine virus? As its just mentioned that earth and humanity was wiped out but I never quite understood exactly how that happened aside from the whole "selling nanomachines on the black market which eventually lead to extinction

There wasn't much info about it but my understanding was

Eventually the nanomachines started to mimic an actual virus and it spreads like a plague.

It's been awhile so the details are a bit hazy for me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
There wasn't much info about it but my understanding was

Eventually the nanomachines started to mimic an actual virus and it spreads like a plague.

It's been awhile so the details are a bit hazy for me.
Yeah, that's sorta what I understood it to be though even the in game files didn't really go too deep into just what happened, just that something catastrophic happened.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What. A. Ride.

I just wrapped the game and my mind is still reeling from that last battle and the ending. This game is such a gem.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
What. A. Ride.

I just wrapped the game and my mind is still reeling from that last battle and the ending. This game is such a gem.
If you're like me, you'll be unable to get the game out of your head for a few weeks after beating it. I highly recommend diving into the Event Viewer/Mystery Files now. Reading through the Mystery Files will clear up a lot of the more confusing elements of the story, and then going through events in chronological order with newfound understanding of them is really satisfying.

Also, check out the bonus scene that you unlocked after finishing the game. It's the last event under All Events in the Event Viewer called Infinite Possibilities.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you're like me, you'll be unable to get the game out of your head for a few weeks after beating it. I highly recommend diving into the Event Viewer/Mystery Files now. Reading through the Mystery Files will clear up a lot of the more confusing elements of the story, and then going through events in chronological order with newfound understanding of them is really satisfying.

Also, check out the bonus scene that you unlocked after finishing the game. It's the last event under All Events in the Event Viewer called Infinite Possibilities.

I've actually been doing all of that as I played through the game (going back and forth on the timeline and files) so I mostly have the plot sorted in my head, except for maybe some of the more technical stuff. And yeah, that last event is something else, lol, although it's something I had expected too.

Funnily enough I can't believe I called the main twist of the game, then got thrown off halfway, only to be surprised again that it was accurate, lol.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! :D I haven't even finished the prologues yet and I'm already blown away, I haven't played a game this atmospheric in years and the whole story has me in like nothing else. It reminds me of that one vacation I had where I binged Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars when that game was new in all the best ways!

Prepare to say "WHAT!" a lot haha. Once it grabs you, it doesn't let go.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get their ps5 yet? Kinda curious how well that later stage runs that was laggggy as F on ps4 with the stupid amount of enemies.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I sadly couldn't put in nearly as much time as I wanted so I just cleared the Prologue and did the first bit of Juro's story but holy this game is incredible, the sound-design and music along with the atmosphere and how alive and natural everything feels is incredible.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Finally checking into this thread now that I finished it. This game is very good. Did anybody else like this game, or is it just me?

Anyway yeah this definitely is one of the three or four best time-travel related video games. It's a genre that works so well for games and yet there just aren't that many that really take advantage of the medium's assets. I'm very curious where Vanillaware goes from here, given how much of a deviation this was from their prior work.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have a PS5 and if so have they tested this game? Wonder if any of the battle slowdowns are improved? I have one, just need to re-download the game. What levels should I test?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have a PS5 and if so have they tested this game? Wonder if any of the battle slowdowns are improved? I have one, just need to re-download the game. What levels should I test?
I don't have a PS5 yet, but I'd say that the slowdowns are probably vastly improved if not completely eliminated based on the performance gains that far more demanding PS4 games enjoy on the PS5.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Prospective buyer here. Is it likely that this game will get a PS5 port, or is it better to just buy a PS4 copy?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a PS5 yet, but I'd say that the slowdowns are probably vastly improved if not completely eliminated based on the performance gains that far more demanding PS4 games enjoy on the PS5.
I just tried the final battle and constantly launched missile rain and everything. Ran smoothly! No frame rate slowdowns at all.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just finished the game yesterday. Missing only 3 more trophies which I will try to get over the next days.
It is absolutely fantastic. The writing is great and the whole episodic concept fantastic. I found it great switching back and forth between the characters to get even more pieces of the puzzle.
It's also a great game to play if you don't have much time. You can play it for anything from 15 mins to 5 hours.
Some story beats where obvious very early on but other stuff caught me totally by surprise.

This is not for everyone but I guess everyone playing will love it.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've still yet to play the Demon's Souls remaster and Miles Morales but I just finished 13 Sentinels yesterday and I'd put it as the top contender for GOTY. Engrossing story and world-building, and I found the bite-sized RTS battles ideal for shorter play sessions.

Can't wait to dive back into the archives and event viewer later tonight.