• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm getting along in the game about 54% through the story mode, but only five battles in on battle mode

was I supposed to finish Iori's story so quickly? Everyone else gets locked eventually by battles.

Really like the twists and turns so far!

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Finished and plat'd!
This is now my GOTY and having played all VW localized works, my favourite of them.

That last battle, phew
for a moment I thought they were going full Halo Reach on me, and then the song hits and everything is perfect.

Thankfully the kids had a happy ending :) holy sh*t they deserve it.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I keep bailing on Iori's story because I can't figure out how to progress the "boys" conversation or feed the cat. I get some snacks, get the cat treat and then get stuck in weird conversational loops.

Which is frustrating because otherwise the game's narrative flow is so intuitive and easy. Especially considering the amount of characters and timelines. Truly impressive stuff apart from this Iori section.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I keep bailing on Iori's story because I can't figure out how to progress the "boys" conversation or feed the cat. I get some snacks, get the cat treat and then get stuck in weird conversational loops.

Which is frustrating because otherwise the game's narrative flow is so intuitive and easy. Especially considering the amount of characters and timelines. Truly impressive stuff apart from this Iori section.
Iirc you need to approach the cat, then when she notices it you need to immediately signal to Miwa for the cat treat, then approach it?

There were honestly like a dozen+ moments in the game I got annoyed at not figuring out what my next trigger was lol. In fact I lucked through Iori's section fine, but there were some I just could not figure out - Juro actually had one of the worst for me.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc you need to approach the cat, then when she notices it you need to immediately signal to Miwa for the cat treat, then approach it?

There were honestly like a dozen+ moments in the game I got annoyed at not figuring out what my next trigger was lol. In fact I lucked through Iori's section fine, but there were some I just could not figure out - Juro actually had one of the worst for me.

Yeah I tried everything I could think of from positioning to timing, you name it, to trigger advancing the section, but just quit in frustration. Twice.

The rest of the experience has been super smooth.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. It's really interesting how everyone experiences the story and its many twists/revelations differently depending on the path they take. One of the many things that make this game such a unique and ambitious creation.

For sure.
I think for me personally it was a lot easier to keep track of the story by basically sticking to one character from start to end(as much as possible at least) or sticking to characters whos stories were closely linked first.
Im sure some people prefer to be more scattershot and constantly jump between characters(which you kind of have to do at the start).

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this game is great. They know how to keep you on your toes. Finally unlocked Miura's story.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir really did a lot to improve Odin Sphere, the combat system is so much better.

I think it would help those fans of Vanillaware that don't own a Vita (as well as those that want a new Vanillaware action game that never played Muramasa on Wii either) if they ported Muramasa Rebirth to consoles and/or PC, since all those DLCs added together is like a new Vanillaware game in itself - all the DLC characters have completely new models/art/animations/combat systems and they have no relation to the main story of Muramasa and are very much standalone. It would be an easy win for Vanillaware/Atlus, no idea why they've not done it yet, although with the recent success of another popular Atlus game that was stuck on Vita (P4: Golden) ported to PC, maybe Atlus will port Muramasa Rebirth + all the DLCs? Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Just realised Muramasa was published by Marvelous, not Atlus. Doh.

I was getting hyped but yeah, I'm not even aware what Marvelous are up to these days or who has the IP. I just remember trying the game out at a friend's and loving it, the combat was great as it was (I don't know if it holds up for the entire game), so really a simple re-release would do.

You saying all that stuff about the DLC makes me even more annoyed, so many times we see dlcs being badly hidden reused stuff. I would love to play through the whole thing.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had most of the plot figured out considering I finished 11/13 of the stories.

THEN GOUTO'S STORY WAS UNLOCKED & WUT.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had some super fat tackles + missile rain and gravity missile that had my console dying.

It reminded me of pre-patch Ninja Gaiden 2 staircase in the best way. It was hilarious.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Add to that the 4th gen guided laser attack to a dense group of enemies.

Gotta love 4th gen, so good, and then you have Takamiya which is 4th gen but has the spirit of a 1st one lol.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
12/13 stories done. Just about done with the last one, then just need to finish the 2nd half of the area 3 fights. May be able to finish it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

I was waiting for there to be a twist involving the cockpit considering everything has a plot twist to it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK, I'm about 50-70% through most stories now, only one question.

How the fuck is this game still managing to make sense with everything they throw at you?! I keep feeling I should be lost, but it's all still mostly making sense.

Only thing that keeps screwing with me is that I'm terrible with names. So I keep seeing revelations and they don't hit until later, like "Oh wait a second, he's actually that guy!"

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright alright alright, I've got Lelouch, Ogata, Takatoshi's stories and Guts' final event left. Lots of megatons along the way for sure. The ending to Ei's story, whew. Ryoko was kinda eeeh, even though it had a couple of good moments.

I did the Ogata prologue and I'm enjoying the thing they've got going on there, eager to see the rest.

What a game.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished. Man, that game was fantastic. Just have one last trophy to clean up. What are the requirements for the Fully-Armed Meta-System trophy?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I'm about 50-70% through most stories now, only one question.

How the fuck is this game still managing to make sense with everything they throw at you?! I keep feeling I should be lost, but it's all still mostly making sense.

Only thing that keeps screwing with me is that I'm terrible with names. So I keep seeing revelations and they don't hit until later, like "Oh wait a second, he's actually that guy!"

This is exactly what makes the game so much better than your typical SWERVE TWIST OMG U THOUGHT type story. It surprises with wacky shit constantly but mainly stays consistent and respects the player's intelligence.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. I believe I'm going to focus more on one or two characters' story rather than playing only one chapter per character and moving onto the next one.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, so not only does the final battle make me fear the game is gonna crash from so much happening, but it was the first time I was defeated.

All that time spent fighting only to hear I was halfway done.....gonna just drop it to Casual so I can be finished.

Edit: game beaten & platinum received. Biggest plot twist was....

they actually explained the partial nudity! & it's LEGAL partial nudity!

Edit 2: So what's this bonus scene you get for beating the game? Is it:

"Infinite Possibilities"? Is it basically saying that what I played was just one possible outcome out of numerous ones?[/spoilers]

Last edited:

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Area 3 wave 10 is kicking my ass on intense. Guess I need to lower the difficulty or grind for chips. I have an idea of how to cheese it.
I'm on Normal and I had to restart it four times to get that S-Rank. It's one of the few main battles where a certain degree of strategy is actually required.
I don't know what your cheese method will be but mine was about putting as many Sentries as possible between the boss and the Terminal and send one G1 unit to Destroyer Blade him. Put two G4 on constant shield to mitigate the damage dealt and one G3 to clear the two GESPA that spawn. Don't try to disperse you units, keep them close to the Terminal ot you be overwhelmed.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Area 3 wave 10 is kicking my ass on intense. Guess I need to lower the difficulty or grind for chips. I have an idea of how to cheese it.

You need to be aggressive.

Send one team of Gen1+Gen2 to each side to be in position to take out the two shield Kaijus as soon as they appear.

Then trigger Speed boost and Power boost to bum rush the boss from both side, bring the Gen2 along to drop a shield emitter and to help out with damage since they have that plasma cutter.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
If humanity is truly alone, in certain way this imply humans are going to be the only source of intelligent life across all the universe. It's pretty eerie.

Honestly even after millions of years they probably only traversed a tiny faction of this one the galaxy.

But if these "Neo-Humans" eventually make contact hundreds of thousands of years later with each other they're gonna have their mind blown that all aliens look alike.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'm on Normal and I had to restart it four times to get that S-Rank. It's one of the few main battles where a certain degree of strategy is actually required.
I don't know what your cheese method will be but mine was about putting as many Sentries as possible between the boss and the Terminal and send one G1 unit to Destroyer Blade him. Put two G4 on constant shield to mitigate the damage dealt and one G3 to clear the two GESPA that spawn. Don't try to disperse you units, keep them close to the Terminal ot you be overwhelmed.
You need to be aggressive.

Send one team of Gen1+Gen2 to each side to be in position to take out the two shield Kaijus as soon as they appear.

Then trigger Speed boost and Power boost to bum rush the boss from both side, bring the Gen2 along to drop a shield emitter and to help out with damage since they have that plasma cutter.
Thanks for the tips. Did a little grinding to upgrade what I needed and got S* in one shot. :)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
What does the consecutive battle bonus actually reward? Is it just meta-chips or experience as well?

I was thinking since I've upgraded to the max every weapon that I'm using, I've only need to get my remaining pilots to Lv 30 to unlock their final skills and then I don't have to bother with the consecutive battle bonus at all.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
What does the consecutive battle bonus actually reward? Is it just meta-chips or experience as well?

I was thinking since I've upgraded to the max every weapon that I'm using, I've only need to get my remaining pilots to Lv 30 to unlock their final skills and then I don't have to bother with the consecutive battle bonus at all.

Just a modifer for extra score I think, so you can get mystery points faster.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Another stupid question, how do you unequip armaments?

I noticed Gouto has a skill that reduces WT the less armaments he has equipped.

But I don't see an option to remove an armament without having to switch it with another.