• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Loving the game, but does anyone else find the UI a bit cluttered during the RTS battles? And when there are a lot of enemies on screen it can be sort of difficult to parse out exactly what's happening.

I'm sure I'll get more used to it, but it just feels a little messy.
You're right, it's definitely cluttered. Especially annoying how often UI stuff covers the minimap. One of my few complaints about the gameplay.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I know there's some time travel involved, but is there a story explanation on why each character can go through the same day over and over and branch differently?

The way I see it is that they are days With a similar goal but not the exact same day. For example, Everyday Shiba and Juro are trying to find Shu to go to his house to play video games but you can go about it differently.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the English dub, especially since several people from the Three Houses dub and the Aggretsuko dub were in all three.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So finally i found a retailed that had the physical version, i cant wait to try it, my last ps4 game

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
Got my plat a little while ago.

Phew. I'm still just kinda sitting here just thinking about how fucking great of a story that was. Even right up at the last bit before the ending, they managed to unveil a few more bits that had me go "Fucking wow!"

My wife usually doesn't pick up the same games as I do, but she's heard my reactions to this one and has asked me to hand it off to her now that I'm finished.

Just... Vanillaware made something incredibly special with this. I'm intimately familiar with all the tropes that went into the various pieces of the storytelling, but the craftsmanship behind weaving them together into the cohesive whole, was just so great.

One of my favorites of this entire generation, by far. And in the Sci Fi Genre, best I've enjoyed since Horizon and before that, the most recent Dues Ex games.

Oct 25, 2017
Nenji Ogata's story premise is sooo good.

It's fucking wild.

I've been mostly doing Yuki, Natsuo and Miura... then I unlocked Nenji

and it's just like

AdoredImportantAlaskanmalamute-max-1mb.gif

Oct 25, 2017
This game is fucking crazy.

You just play a characters route and it just reveals crazy shit about the other characters you haven't even touched yet.

I can't count the amount of times this game has made me go "what?" and I am not even mad.

This is the wildest game I've played in years in terms of how it tells a story.

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at the point where the game opens up and lets you choose how to progress. What's the best way to do this? Stick to one character's story?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are mean about poor Miwa-chan. 🙁
I'm at the point where the game opens up and lets you choose how to progress. What's the best way to do this? Stick to one character's story?
There is no wrong way to play the game. Just take it at your pace, in any order you want. Getting tired of playing the adventure mode, cool. Play the battle mode for a bit. Go back to the adventure.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely saving Ogata for as late as possible after those impressions. I'm done with Yuki and Natsumi. I kinda feel a lot of potential from Miura, Juro and Ryoko so I'm trying to save those for last too. Other favorites?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Spam turrets and interceptors in combat missions.

its easy then to have a couple of melee mech hard punch / demolisher blade big units

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
This game has it's hooks in me.
The only bad part is having to pause play to resume daily activities.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Hey now. There will be no hating on Miwako in this thread. That ceases at once. Do you hear me?

Last edited:

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys. Can't we just discuss this cordially over some nice yakisoba pan? Or we could do hemborger if you prefer.

I guess I could let it go if I were to be treated to some yakisoba pan...

With a side of sick ass battle tunes, excel-level graphics for tower defense segments and a barrage of mind-blowing plot developments.

Yeah, the withdrawal is real.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Hemborger on me, since I started it by being rude towards Miwa-chan. Edit: Yakisoba pan for Doomrider, it seems.

Edit2: I want the Sentinel shift/drop sound as the SMS notification on my phone. That shit touches me deep inside.

Are some of the sound effects on Youtube? I won't even play the game before December most likely but I got a new phone a while ago and would appreciate some fresh UI sounds :P

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I came across this image on a wallpaper site. What is this from? An early screenshot of the game of an area that got cut?

wp7480331.jpg

EDIT: Looks like it's from the Japan-only Digital Artworks. Why didn't we get this?!